Champions League 2023-24 (17 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
surprise surprise, barella falling like a little bitch, no way is that a red

- - - Updated - - -

bayern will be pissed about not getting that last pen especially as it wasnt consistent with the ruling against newcastle last night, same situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Did Mazzarri forget those spalletti moves already? :seven:

Last edited:

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
And that's the exact problem. PSG never really did well as a collective.

I don't see Newcastle or Milan being better than Dortmund on paper, PSG is the only one who can claim that. And they just got rid of two of their star players, so it's not a huge gap as it was just a year ago.

I'm not surprised to see Dortmund top the group, as much as they're chokers domestically they have way more experience in the CL compared to the others bar PSG maybe.
Do they really? What has Dortmund done really in europe recent years? Milan at least got to semis last year (has Dortmund played semis last 5 years?) Also they have added players who have won CL (Giroud, Loftus Cheek, Pulisic won CL with Chelsea). Just checked obviously most of Dortmund players are germans, well German NT is literally sucking these days so do these guys play or not for germany? Dortmund squad is pretty meh when i look at the list in wikipedia. Its like you say experience, they dont even have CL winners there, what experience. The great Emre Can is their captain, didnt even get called up for Germany at the World Cup last year. Hummels only one who had experience and Bayern didnt win CL when he played there. Meanwhile Giroud keeps starting at 37 for France. Giroud alone has more experience than whole Dortmund.

Look i dont think everything at Milan is great, but id argue Milan have actually underperformed in this group. Secondly the outcomes kept changing in this group every round. I knew this group was going to be a group of death. Milan should have done better in home games. One could argue PSG should improve since Neymar and Messi gone cause those 2 never tracked back, they have less superstars, so maybe play more as a team/collective, also Luis Enrique as a manager could improve on that aspect, Spain under him was more about team effort than individuals, and now they only have one primadonna in Mbappe who also is elite player. Newcastle is still a work in progress and they havent really bought super super stars with their money, but that might be good thing for them, still they have some quality if the team is good enough to finish top 4 in epl. Every round was difficult on paper for every side here tbh. And thats why i say Milan have underperformed, they have more experience than Newcastle, but got nothing to show for it for now if they finsh last in this group.

Last edited:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Jude Bellingham is like having a cheat code.
I was skeptical at first, chalked it off for hype and then beginners luck/momentum but honestly he’s been incredible. Carlo has truly unlocked his full potential.

Rodrygo is also looking great and the long passes/crosses from so many different players on the team is superb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)