Champions League 2022-23 (36 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Most of those Morata 5 goals came off Tevez
i had to check cause i wasn't sure

so he scored 7 goals, still the highest of any juve striker in the last decade (to put it into context, ronaldo's and morata's best was 6, trezeguet scored 8 in '02, alex smashed 10 in '98)

also assisted 3, all converted by morata

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
i had to check cause i wasn't sure

so he scored 7 goals, still the highest of any juve striker in the last decade (to put it into context, ronaldo's and morata's best was 6, trezeguet scored 8 in '02, alex smashed 10 in '98)

also assisted 3, all converted by morata
2 more of Moratas goals came as rebounds off Tevezes shots as well

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
That's why those 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 teams were the best teams we've had in the past two decades, possibly even before that too. Great goalie, amazing defense, wonderful midfield, and a solid attack. We may have lacked a little something on the wings, and perhaps our depth wasn't the greatest, but as a functional unit, we were fearless and indomitable.

During our Capello years, we had a better and deeper squad overall, but we played garbage football. Even when Lippi returned, with the exception of that magical run in 2002-2003, we were largely disappointing in Europe.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Those teams from 2014 onwards were indeed excellent, and it's easy to forget how one boring 0:0 draw in the last round of the group stages in 2014-15 was the difference between greatness and the greatest disappointment.
In 2013-14 an excellent team, almost identical to the one that reached the 2015 final, was eliminated from the CL groups. Next year we also had a very bad group stage performance and we were fighting with Olympiacos for qualification. In the last round we needed a home draw against Atletico Madrid to qualify and we did it with a boring 0:0. The rest is history.
But if we failed for a second time in the group stages, we surely wouldn't have made the 2015 CL final and I don't think that we'd have made the CL 2017 final either. I even think that a second CL failure would have forced our directors to change a lot of things and perhaps we wouldn't have won all those scudetti.
I now respect that 0:0 draw vs Atletico even more :)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
that was true for his first season with conte. but during our good run in '14/15, he was nothing short of excellent. i remember him scoring against dortmund at least twice in the return leg (can't remember the home game), he scored one vs real, and a few others in the group stage. he also assisted morata in dortmund. that performance away at dortmund was the 2nd best individual match of any player, only a hair behind ronaldo's treble vs atleti

i'd take '15 tevez back in a heartbeat and i'd kick out any player of our current squad to have that guy for the next 3 seasons
you have a time travel machine and can go to 2015, what do:

1. try to prevent Covid;
2. put it all on Leicester winning EPL in 2015/16;
3. become a household name in music / movies / literature by passing off all your favorite work released since then as your own;
4. kidnap Tevez that doesn't want to play for Juve anymore to bring him to 2023 and convince him to play under washed-up Allegri 8 years into the future

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Those teams from 2014 onwards were indeed excellent, and it's easy to forget how one boring 0:0 draw in the last round of the group stages in 2014-15 was the difference between greatness and the greatest disappointment.
In 2013-14 an excellent team, almost identical to the one that reached the 2015 final, was eliminated from the CL groups. Next year we also had a very bad group stage performance and we were fighting with Olympiacos for qualification. In the last round we needed a home draw against Atletico Madrid to qualify and we did it with a boring 0:0. The rest is history.
But if we failed for a second time in the group stages, we surely wouldn't have made the 2015 CL final and I don't think that we'd have made the CL 2017 final either. I even think that a second CL failure would have forced our directors to change a lot of things and perhaps we wouldn't have won all those scudetti.
I now respect that 0:0 draw vs Atletico even more :)
Wouldn't say that. In 2014 we had 1 win, 3 draws and 2 losses. Galata took a point from Turin and beat us in Istanbul, we drew and lost to Madrid and we won and lost to the Danes. We could have gone through and almost did with 7 points really. In 2015 we beat Olympiacos once and lost once (lost the h2h so couldn't finish even), we beat Malmo both times and that's already 9 points. Atletico beat us with a late game goal 1-0 and in the last matchday when they didn't have anything to play for (except protect first place) we both played a low risk 0-0. We barely qualified both times but 2015 we took care of business in the games we had to

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
you have a time travel machine and can go to 2015, what do:

1. try to prevent Covid;
2. put it all on Leicester winning EPL in 2015/16;
3. become a household name in music / movies / literature by passing off all your favorite work released since then as your own;
4. kidnap Tevez that doesn't want to play for Juve anymore to bring him to 2023 and convince him to play under washed-up Allegri 8 years into the future
2 or 3. Fuck the world - I'm not that benevolent. 4 is definitely out of the question.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Guess every neutral true football fan is rooting for Bayern here. But most importantly hoping for a good show. I can see two scenarios, either Bayern fails to finish their chances or Pep overcomplicates things and he gets totally owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)