Champions League 2022-23 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Oh please. What does this have to do with he posted above about learning from Napoli? We attempted to bridge the gap to the very top tier, but made a few bad mistakes (plus Covid) and failed in our attempt. But we still have far more in common with those clubs than we do with Napoli. And those are the models we should reference when working to improve ours. Not fucking Napoli because they fluked a successful season after 35 years of failure.
I never said we should copy Nipples Garbagemen FC. They'll go back to being irrelevant sooner or later. However, as things stand, we're not exactly an attractive prospect or a winning proposition for a lot of players. We should be aiming to regain our foothold in Italy first, and then attempt to become relevant (top 8 consistently) in Europe again. We have no room for mistakes and errors anymore.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I never said we should copy Nipples Garbagemen FC. They'll go back to being irrelevant sooner or later. However, as things stand, we're not exactly an attractive prospect or a winning proposition for a lot of players. We should be aiming to regain our foothold in Italy first, and then attempt to become relevant (top 8 consistently) in Europe again. We have no room for mistakes and errors anymore.
Then what exactly was your point? We were commenting on the guys saying we should learn from Nipples. We need to reference sustainable models of success like Bayern and Real Madrid. Or like 2011-2018 Juventus before Tici and Ronaldo. Emulate those models. Start dominating Italy again, and then slowly build us into a European contender again. It’s too bad we threw it all away with AA’s hubris and Tootsie’s incompetence, to the point we have to do it all again from scratch.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Then what exactly was your point? We were commenting on the guys saying we should learn from Nipples. We need to reference sustainable models of success like Bayern and Real Madrid. Or like 2011-2018 Juventus before Tici and Ronaldo. Emulate those models. Start dominating Italy again, and then slowly build us into a European contender again. It’s too bad we threw it all away with AA’s hubris and Tootsie’s incompetence, to the point we have to do it all again from scratch.
I just wanted to annoy you, but I practically agree with what you said. I don't know if we can replicate those models, considering how clubs hate us, but I am hoping the Next Gen project will give us leverage and money, so we can gradually bridge the gap in terms of spending. If the players are good enough, they can join the first team; if not, we can sell a few for a few million, and it all adds up in the end :baus: :b81:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Like Dortmund. Zero pressure and happy winning nothing for decades. And if they do, big teams come and take away their players in one transfer window. Yeah, let's be more like them.
And if we applied the Dortmund or Napoli model we’d see comments here like:

“Ffs this club is always selling our best players after one season all the time”

“We are a little bitch for the big clubs”

“Fuck beautiful football and losing I want to win!”

“We are absolute fucking losers, we need to be ruthless winners like Real or Bayern Munich”

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I just wanted to annoy you, but I practically agree with what you said. I don't know if we can replicate those models, considering how clubs hate us, but I am hoping the Next Gen project will give us leverage and money, so we can gradually bridge the gap in terms of spending. If the players are good enough, they can join the first team; if not, we can sell a few for a few million, and it all adds up in the end :baus: :b81:
Luv you too, baby.

Jul 1, 2010
They have zero pressure to win. So their model is very different from ours. They but then sell on. Buy then sell on. They can make random signings on the transfer market of random prospects and it doesn’t really matter if they come off or not, they just rinse and repeat, sell who they can at as big a profit as possible.

Hence the reason they haven’t done shit for 35 years. So no, it’s not something we should or will learn from, because their strategy finally got it right that once in a blue moon.

If we want to learn from approach or style, look outside Italy. Real Madrid has sustained wild success for a decade without going over the top with net spending on the transfer market post-Ronaldo signing. Or Bayern, even if Italian clubs don’t bend over for us on the market like German clubs do for Bayern. Or Liverpool.
True. I mostly meant learning from their approach in finding good young talents on the cheap and play attractive football. I agree we cannot copy their strategy as they are mostly a feeder club, but that does not mean we cannot learn a thing or two from them ;)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
True. I mostly meant learning from their approach in finding good young talents on the cheap and play attractive football. I agree we cannot copy their strategy as they are mostly a feeder club, but that does not mean we cannot learn a thing or two from them ;)
Fair enough, but it’s easier for clubs like Napoli and Dortmund to find those talents because they churn through a large number of them, many failing. Clubs that have fanbases that demand success year in, year out don’t have patience for that model.

Same thing with style of play. Ours needs to be effective and winning. We can definitely improve our football style, but why not look at the play style of clubs and coaches that have long term success. Spalletti winning his first trophy in 30 years of coaching. It’s Sarri all over again.

I personally don’t find anything wrong with Allegri’s football from the first 4 years he was here, I love that style of football. It’s fine if others don’t, but again, look to clubs and coaches that play both attractive and pragmatic football, like Madrid under Zidane.

Last edited:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Fair enough, but it’s easier for clubs like Napoli and Dortmund to find those talents because they churn through a large number of them, many failing. Clubs that have fanbases that demand success year in, year out don’t have patience for that model.

Same thing with style of play. Ours needs to be effective and winning. We can definitely improve our football style, but why not look at the play style of clubs and coaches that have long term success. Spalletti winning his first trophy in 30 years of coaching. It’s Sarri all over again.

I personally don’t find anything wrong with Allegri’s football from the first 4 years he was here, I love that style of football. It’s fine if others don’t, but again, look to clubs and coaches that play both attractive and pragmatic football, like Madrid under Zidane.

I understand that we need to look at teams like Madrid rather than Napoli.

But are you implying that our style of football in those first four years was not attractive? Because I thought it was. In fact it's one of my favourite periods as a Juventus fan.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

But are you implying that our style of football in those first four years was not attractive? Because I thought it was. In fact it's one of my favourite periods as a Juventus fan.
Not at all. I loved our 2014-2018 sides under Allegri. Apologies if I worded that poorly. One of my favourite periods too as a Juve fan since the early 90s. We played fantastic football.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

I think he meant he loved our football style during Allegri’s first stint. So did I tbh.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I think he meant he loved our football style during Allegri’s first stint. So did I tbh.
I loved our teams and football in the 2014-2015 season and the 2015-2016 season. Those Dortmund games, the games against Bayern (even though we were knocked out), and many games in Serie A with Tevez and that midfield were awesome. After Tevez and Vidal both left in 2015, I was disheartened and disappointed, but we still managed to play excting football and were terribly unlucky against Bayern in that 2016 2nd round matchup. Personally, I think that 2014-2015 squad and those performances were peak JJ, the best performing Juventus team of the past two decades.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Our football under Conte was fine. Great defensive system, great midfield. We just lacked world class forwards. Guys scoring 20+ goals a season. Vucinic, Matri, Giovinco, etc weren’t really cutting it.
+ evra/sandro over asamoah, that was a good upgrade too

btw conte had tevez and llorente in his last year and we still weren't effective in europe

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
+ evra/sandro over asamoah, that was a good upgrade too

btw conte had tevez and llorente in his last year and we still weren't effective in europe
that's cuz llorente is garbage. it took until second season when morata came for team to click in europe. even then allegri still insisted on starting llorente over morata till january of that season.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
As much as I loved Tevez and think he was a beast for Serie A he couldn’t really translate that to the CL.
that was true for his first season with conte. but during our good run in '14/15, he was nothing short of excellent. i remember him scoring against dortmund at least twice in the return leg (can't remember the home game), he scored one vs real, and a few others in the group stage. he also assisted morata in dortmund. that performance away at dortmund was the 2nd best individual match of any player, only a hair behind ronaldo's treble vs atleti

i'd take '15 tevez back in a heartbeat and i'd kick out any player of our current squad to have that guy for the next 3 seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)