Champions League 2021-22 (14 Viewers)

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
By the time we play them, February 22, we will probably be out of the race for top 4, since we'll face Napoli, Milan, Roma and Atalanta (3 of them away) in Serie A in the opening 6 rounds of the 2nd part of the season.
My point is, we won't underestimate Villarreal, not only because they won EL half a year ago, but also because we'll have nothing else to play for in Italy and we'll be fully concentrated and motivated for these two matches against them.
Now, will we be good enough to eliminate them...? If we have a full squad, it's 50-50 imo.
Mental state is out of the question when judging this team. No matter who we’ve been playing, at some point, we’ve looked like a team who could easily take home the win (bar Chelsea away).

But in every game, so far, it took only a little bit of high pressure, from the opposing team, and we have looked like a disorganized sack of potatoes.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Champions League winners:

2021 Chelsea, finished 4th in EPL with 67 points
2011 Chelsea, finished 6th in EPL with 64 points
2007 AC Milan, finished 4th in Serie A with 61 points
2005 Liverpool, finished 5th in EPL with 58 points

One can dream, right? :D
If we're lucky we might finish 6th too

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Emery: "We got a different rival in a matter of 3 hours... #City was difficult but so is #Juventus. I don't understand those who say that we got a better outcome: they are 2 of the favorites to win the #Champions with a different style of play, but at the same level. I repeat: Juve is not easier."

[@SCUTweet]

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Obviously Juve is easier, this is the worst Juve team for a number of years. But we don't know yet what shape we will be in by the time the game arrives. We might have Dybala and Chiesa in form.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Emery: "We got a different rival in a matter of 3 hours... #City was difficult but so is #Juventus. I don't understand those who say that we got a better outcome: they are 2 of the favorites to win the #Champions with a different style of play, but at the same level. I repeat: Juve is not easier."

[@SCUTweet]
:lol2:
yeah we are the same as twins guess which one

939f9da06ee14ae91ff8955dcc3cdd0a.jpg

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

[@SCUTweet]
Superb trolling from Emery.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Without reinforcements, we're losing to Villareal.

They haven't lost in 6 games (6 straight wins), are slowly finding their rhythm (could be 3rd in La Liga by the time our fixture comes around), scoring at will, and they have a coach who's an expert in cup competitions.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

They haven't lost in 6 games (6 straight wins), are slowly finding their rhythm (could be 3rd in La Liga by the time our fixture comes around), scoring at will, and they have a coach who's an expert in cup competitions.
Up until our latest business I'd say it was about 50-50 and would even point to them for qualification.
Now I think it's 60-40 in Juve's favor

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

We signed Vlahovic and Zakaria, got rid of Ramsey, Kulu and Bentancur. Villarreal are seventh in La Liga and lost a league game recently. Their cup expert coach crashed out to second division side Sporting Gijon in the Copa Del Rey.

Keep up the good work, you need to keep jinxing them till the second leg is done and dusted.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
We signed Vlahovic and Zakaria, got rid of Ramsey, Kulu and Bentancur. Villarreal are seventh in La Liga and lost a league game recently. Their cup expert coach crashed out to second division side Sporting Gijon in the Copa Del Rey.

Keep up the good work, you need to keep jinxing them till the second leg is done and dusted.
Also depends how quickly vlahovic and zakaria adapt to the team.Vlahovic shouldn't much of problem as he has played in the serie a zakaria let's see how quickly he develops understanding with locatelli.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
JUVENTUS UCL SQUAD LIST FOR THE KNOCKOUT STAGES

1. SZCZESNY
2. DE SCIGLIO
3. CHIELLINI
4. DE LIGT
5. ARTHUR
6. DANILO
7. VLAHOVIĆ
9. MORATA
10. DYBALA
11. CUADRADO
12. ALEX SANDRO
14. MCKENNIE
17. PELLEGRINI
18. KEAN
19. BONUCCI
20. BERNARDESCHI
22. CHIESA
23. PINSOGLIO
24. RUGANI
25. RABIOT
27. LOCATELLI
28. ZAKARIA
36. PERIN

- - - Updated - - -

Maximum 3 players can be changed from group stages to knockout stages. That’s why Chiesa is still in, even if obviously he’ll not participate.
EXTRA INFO:
Matias Soulé can be added to the B-List as he’s now 2 years with Youth academy

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
| UEFA has sold the TV rights for the 2024-2027 UEFA competitions for 15 billion euros, a 40% increase over the current revenue. UEFA will keep 51% of those 15 billion euros for themselves, and give the clubs the remaining 49%.
[Marca]

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
UEFA sold the rights of the next cycle (2024-2027) of the European competitions at 15bln€ a 40% increase to the current cycle. A big hit to the European Superleague and the money argument.

Al Khelaifi, president of the ECA, communicated the new agreement with all the clubs that a new company is created and that both UEFA and ECA did their best to get the most money out of it. The share repartition of this new company will be 51% to UEFA and 49% to ECA. 93.5% of the revenues will be divided among the clubs and 6.5% will go to UEFA to cover the competitions expenses and the development of football in Europe.

The big push came from the USA, where the value of the UCL has tripled. There, the firm Relevant Sports Group will be in charge of everything related to the UCL. The agreement reached at 220mln€ per season.

Team Marketing, firm that has been a partner of UEFA since the creation of the UCL, will be in charge of the creative support, the global marketing sales and the sales of commercial rights including TV rights of UCL, EL, CL, Supercup and Youth League.

Ceferin value positively the new reached agreement: "We are pleased to see such a high interest from renowned firms and we are happy that the agreements will allow a large distribution to the clubs in all of Europe in such a critical time in which financial stability is needed."

"Both firms offered a convincing vision for the European football club and we are convinced that the best football club competition in the world, the UCL, and the other competitions will keep improving. Also I would like to thank ECA for its excellent cooperation during the intense process of candidacy."

[Marca]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)