Champions League 2021-22 (14 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Well said, its so easy with hindsight. Madrid fans were shitting on Vinicius early on too. Kaio might be far from the talent or promise Vinicius has, but my point is for someone who put in decent and mature shifts here and there, and that had experience in Copa Libertadores, he was not given a run of games and consequently he was not given trust.
I don't remember when a U20 player was given a run of games here. Pogba was one in 12/13, maybe Coman in 15/16 if he remained, and Kean when the league was basically won in 18/19. That's it I think in over a decade

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
Well said, its so easy with hindsight. Madrid fans were shitting on Vinicius early on too. Kaio might be far from the talent or promise Vinicius has, but my point is for someone who put in decent and mature shifts here and there, and that had experience in Copa Libertadores, he was not given a run of games and consequently he was not given trust.
Just Allegri's things

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I don't remember when a U20 player was given a run of games here. Pogba was one in 12/13, maybe Coman in 15/16 if he remained, and Kean when the league was basically won in 18/19. That's it I think in over a decade
Yeah. Coman was in line for big playing time in 15/16 had he stayed. The big changes to the squad and Allegri started him in Supercoppa and first match of the season.

I guess Bentancur was just turned 20 in his first season here and made 27 appearances and played 1000 minutes

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
It's not like we had Salah and De Bruyne and let both go for scraps. Koman turned out to be a good player but also didn't go away for cheap for someone so young with so little experience at the time.

We sold him for the money not because we thought he isn't good enough or doesnt have potential.

All the others were/are duds and Kaio, Fagioli, Rovella and the likes will probably be the same.

Kulu and bentacur are probably the exceptions if they continue to do well long term

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
It's not like we had Salah and De Bruyne and let both go for scraps. Koman turned out to be a good player but also didn't go away for cheap for someone so young with so little experience at the time.

We sold him for the money not because we thought he isn't good enough or doesnt have potential.

All the others were/are duds and Kaio, Fagioli, Rovella and the likes will probably be the same.

Kulu and bentacur are probably the exceptions if they continue to do well long term
The point is, we dont give equal opportunity like some other clubs. How many teen duds have gone through Barcelona or Bayern last 15 years? Eventually you make a home run and the pay off can be great. Because, does it really make a difference to keep a De Sciglio, or a Rugani, or a Ramsey, or a Berna instead of just calling up someone from the U23 when necessary? There is no benefit with the former, but the potential benefit from the later can be big. Or it can be a total miss, bht you wont know before you try i think

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)