Champions League 2020-21 #CeferinOut (32 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
there are talks about an imminent ban of super league clubs in all uefa competitions.

in that case, psg already won the cl, and uefa will not get any revenue from cl semifinals or a final :baus:
It's all talk, though. The EU anti trust laws will come crashing down on them, making them liable for damages.
And the funny thing is that they know this but still parade this as some solution.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
1: CL has been running since 1992.

2: I assume to get more teams into the competition to create more money?

3: I assume again it was because there were no need for 3 different Cup tournaments. And I can honestly see the idea why they decided to abolish one of them.

4: I was hardly born when the CL was created so I have no opinion regarding that. But the CL didn't differ much from the European Cup, it was still the same trophy. And on top of that they made it more equally so a lot more clubs could participate and have a chance to win the prestigious trophy.

- - - Updated - - -

So in your opinion Real didn't deserve their 3 CL titles?

And you wouldn't say it became boring after seeing a single team dominate the tournament?
And now they again have 3 competitions, for whatever reason

logo.jpg

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
fuck uefa!
when uefa makes 2 billion from champions league, and the winner gets only 150 million, so yeah fifa and co are monopolies and they want every thing working for their interest and having presidents and ministers on their side, so it takes giants to clash with giants.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
nobody said that, mate. and even if someone did, he was obviously wrong.

point is different. the main reason why super league was pushed is that these clubs would want to invest much more into football, and could get much more revenue. ffp and the current "equal and fair distribution system" are archaic and doesn't help progress. clubs want to invest, to buy better players and even overpay them? they can't, see ffp. clubs only get a fraction of the potential income because uefa is the worst kind of corrupt, greedy and archaic middleman. apparently there's much more money in football than uefa allows clubs to get access to. some prestigious clubs make the whole show, and their contribution isn't properly rewarded, simple as that.

so no, the whole sl stuff has nothing to do with juventus' current results. pirlo, paratici, sarri, ronaldo and fucked up purchases like arthur or ramsey happened way after the whole sl idea was born, and these questionable management decisions are irrelevant compared to what the sl could potentially become in a decade. watch tici get access to a bigger transfer fund and make the same idiotic decisions for proof. :rofl: club football needs a better distribution system, and juve need a better management, the two are unrelated issues.

i love traditions, i prefer 90's football to this plastic mess, i'm pretty sad about juve losing its identity, still, uefa is the last organization i'd feel sorry for. they screwed it, and agnelli, perez and all the english clubs warned them plenty of times already. uefa (and fifa) should be small, professional, mainly administrative organizations ultimately serving the sport, which they clearly aren't.
Knocked it out of the park bud :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)