Champions League 2020-21 #CeferinOut (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
he is a bench player. he doesn't know his name
althoug he could have said "that guy" or "that player" and avoided all this comotion
He's the 4th ref in a CL match. He has to know all names and numbers in case of players. If he doesn't he can say 3rd seat from the left or something.

You know this how?
Because it never happens? Only racist people refer to others by their skin color. Especially in a formal setting like this.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
@IliveForJuve

Similar to the example you used.
Jesus Christ. What's your take?

- - - Updated - - -

He's the 4th ref in a CL match. He has to know all names and numbers in case of players. If he doesn't he can say 3rd seat from the left or something.

Because it never happens? Only racist people refer to others by their skin color. Especially in a formal setting like this.
So if I describe a black man whose name I don't know by calling him negro (in Spanish) I am racist.

Got it.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
In order to denominate one guy from the crowd it's the best to call out any distinctive feature, be it skin color, hair color, height or whatnot.

Only racists make skin color a sacred deer:boh: Realists and humanists treat it like any other feature.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Jesus Christ. What's your take?

- - - Updated - - -

So if I describe a black man whose name I don't know by calling him negro (in Spanish) I am racist.

Got it.
No?

Using it as description, someone's features is completely fine ofc. Depends on context but generally fine.

He did not do that tho. There were at least 3 black guys on the bench including the assistant. He used his skin color to single him out.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
No?

Using it as description, someone's features is completely fine ofc. Depends on context but generally fine.

He did not do that tho. There were at least 3 black guys on the bench including the assistant. He used his skin color to single him out.
How can black people feel proud of being black when white people act like it's wrong to call them black?

It's almost like being black makes you inherently inferior.

Just another case of white guilt making a big deal out of a non issue.

Last edited:

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Doesn't seem like it was a racist comment but certainly unprofessional. The official is not supposed to refer to players or staff as "the black one", "the bearded one", "the tall one" and so on.

Still, massive overreaction. They are really milking this thing.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I really dislike Bruno Fernandes. I don't know if it's his face, or him being ManU's best player.
It's his face I think. I didn't like him in serie A either. That red jersey is just a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)