Champions League 2020-21 #CeferinOut (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Regarding Di Maria's red, you saw what the City player did there? He sensed that Di Maria will fuck up and got closer to him so that he hits him.
NONE of our players have wits/knack for dark arts like these.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Poch used to have Pep in his pocket with Spurs, I honestly thought he'd get PSG to the final. City look good but I think Chelsea/Real will take them in the final. They defend way too high up and look open on the counter, Leeds schooled them with a flat 6 when defending and direct, long ball counters. Also, Pep had stopped playing with strikers recently because now they try and walk the ball into the net, that doesn't work against organised teams. Real or Chelsea have got this.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Pundits etc will put this down to the genius of Pep but football is decided by moments and the tie could have ended very differently if Neymar or Mbappe didn't waste a dozen chances in the first 45 minutes in Paris. They tore Man City apart just wouldn't pass/ couldn't finish

Man City could have endured a scraping here imo

Not saying City don't deserve to go through but this tie could easily have gone the other way

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Pundits etc will put this down to the genius of Pep but football is decided by moments and the tie could have ended very differently if Neymar or Mbappe didn't waste a dozen chances in the first 45 minutes in Paris. They tore Man City apart just wouldn't pass/ couldn't finish

Not saying City don't deserve to go through but this tie could easily have gone the other way
:agree: City were piss poor in the first half of the first leg. From then on they played on a different level and PSG had no answer. PSG players trying to dribble past the whole of the City team was hilarious to watch. They had no clue what to do

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

Isnt that almost always the case tho in CL?

Jun 6, 2015
I was actually quite surprised how smartly City approached yesterday's game. They defended deep and offered PSG no chances and then hit them on the break. To me it seems that Pep has finally understood this season that sometimes it's just smart to defend a lead.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Honestly, I just saw 2nd half yesterday and City did a masterclass. Amazing in every level. I dislike money triumph as much as the next men but I have to admit that we are miles away to be even a Team like them and light years to play like them

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Regarding Di Maria's red, you saw what the City player did there? He sensed that Di Maria will fuck up and got closer to him so that he hits him.
NONE of our players have wits/knack for dark arts like these.
Thats what hunger does, them players were pumped as fuck. I mean them blocks by Ruben Dias and defenders celebrating every block was so like us years ago. But that hunger, focus and sheer determination doesnt stops at defence, which i felt it did for us many years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)