Champions League 2019/20 (56 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I think it's fair to say that Bayern are the top club in European, if not world, football for the past 50 years.
What makes you feel we’re at top bro?

Is it because of the stability and long livity we have showed in the competition (CL that is)?

I still think Real Madrid is the GOAT club even if we count in the last 50 years.

Bayern is a massive club and had some great players in the likes of Beckenbauer, Gerd Müller, Karl Heinz Rummenigge, Sepp Maier, Lothar Matthäus, Paul Breitner, Oliver Kahn and so on.

But Real just had even better players (apart from Beckenbauer who I think is the GOAT because Im biased), but the overall picture says they had the greatest players and biggest succes.

What I actually find impressive about Bayern is that we lack a historic rival close to our status in Germany but still managed to be so competitive in Europa. Gladbach, HSV, Schalke, Dortmund few others are historic clubs and had very good periodes but never managed to stay on top like us.

Bayern won their first national title in 1932 and had a golden team but it was abolished due to the Nazis gaining power the year after. Then luckily for us the we had a golden generation starting from the 60's, else I'm not sure Bayern would be where it is today.

Try to imagine the same scenario in France where you have no giant club. They have Marseille but they’re a Dortmund tier club at best, even smaller imo.

PSG will have a hard time to win the European cup because they first of all don’t have a pedigree in Europa but also because they don’t have any clubs in France to put pressure on them.

Even if Bayern win comfortable in Germany 9/10 times in recent years are we still able to win the CL which I actually find impressive.

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
But it's not a debate though :p

Madrid >>> anyone in any era of European football

- - - Updated - - -

In CL era

Madrid - 7 CL's 7 finals
Barca - 4 CL's 5 finals
Bayern - 3 CL's 6 finals
Milan - 3 CL's 6 finals
United - 2 CL's 4 finals
Liverpool - 2 CL's 4 finals
Juventus - 1 CL 6 finals ( :sergio: )
Tied for 2nd in finals, barely won one :sigh:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
What makes you feel we’re at top bro?

Is it because of the stability and long livity we have showed in the competition (CL that is)?

I still think Real Madrid is the GOAT club even if we count in the last 50 years.

Bayern is a massive club and had some great players in the likes of Beckenbauer, Gerd Müller, Karl Heinz Rummenigge, Sepp Maier, Lothar Matthäus, Paul Breitner, Oliver Kahn and so on.

But Real just had even better players (apart from Beckenbauer who I think is the GOAT because Im biased), but the overall picture says they had the greatest players and biggest succes.

What I actually find impressive about Bayern is that we lack a historic rival close to our status in Germany but still managed to be so competitive in Europa. Gladbach, HSV, Schalke, Dortmund few others are historic clubs and had very good periodes but never managed to stay on top like us.

Bayern won their first national title in 1932 and had a golden team but it was abolished due to the Nazis gaining power the year after. Then luckily for us the we had a golden generation starting from the 60's, else I'm not sure Bayern would be where it is today.

Try to imagine the same scenario in France where you have no giant club. They have Marseille but they’re a Dortmund tier club at best, even smaller imo.

PSG will have a hard time to win the European cup because they first of all don’t have a pedigree in Europa but also because they don’t have any clubs in France to put pressure on them.

Even if Bayern win comfortable in Germany 9/10 times in recent years are we still able to win the CL which I actually find impressive.
Dude, will you stop fishing for complinents already? Jeez!

I feel you're using us to jerk off to your team :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)