Champions League 2019/20 (58 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Guardiola is not the right man for us, same way he was not the right man for Bayern:

1. These clubs won too much being themselves and to bring in an entirely different philosophy to their game from an entirely different football culture is madness;
2. These clubs do not have patience for philosophy building, they already have philosophy: win here and now;
3. His Barcelona was a ready team;
4. He is successful at City and was at Bayern, just not successful enough (CL). If he stays long enough at City, eventually he'll win CL.
5. Real, Bayern, Juve - these are purely result-oriented clubs, they don't give a shit about beauty or style of play, they only care about winning, number 1 criteria for coaches of these clubs is - adaptability;
Lippi was perfect for us and Allegri was (almost) perfect. If Pirlo is adaptable he will succeed.

Buy on AliExpress.com

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Guardiola is not the right man for us, same way he was not the right man for Bayern:

1. These clubs won too much being themselves and to bring in an entirely different philosophy to their game from an entirely different football culture is madness;
2. These clubs do not have patience for philosophy building, they already have philosophy: win here and now;
3. His Barcelona was a ready team;
4. He is successful at City and was at Bayern, just not successful enough (CL). If he stays long enough at City, eventually he'll win CL.
5. Real, Bayern, Juve - these are purely result-oriented clubs, they don't give a shit about beauty or style of play, they only care about winning, number 1 criteria for coaches of these clubs is - adaptability;
Lippi was perfect for us and Allegri was (almost) perfect. If Pirlo is adaptable he will succeed.
Then why did they hire Sarri?

They wanted style, beauty which are products of his philosophy.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
This is what Pep managed to achieve since 2014 in the KO stages.

2014 with Bayern: 5-0 against Real Madrid after taking over a complete Bayern side that just won the Treble under Heynckes.

2015 with Bayern: 5-3 against Barcelona, losing 3-0 in the first away leg due to retarded approach with a half team out with injuries.

2016 with Bayern: 2-2 against Atletico losing the first away game 1-0, already there making life more than difficult. Going out on away goals.

2017 with City: Winning the first game 5-3 and losing the second leg 3-1, going out on away goals yet again.

2018 with City: Retarded approach against Liverpool, losing the first away leg 3-0 and already there being out before the return leg.

2019 with City: Losing the first away game as usual, going out on away goals again.

Guy is beyond retarded in the CL. He had a great Bayern team but couldn't get to a single final. He overtook City and had endless funds, he now had 4 years to get all the players he wanted. Still he didn't manage to get City with their finances and players into a fecking semifinal.

What a disaster really.
When he took over Bayern, they came off a CL final and victory. He reached the SF maximum 3 years then. With City he took over a team coming off a CL semifinal. He never reached that in the following 4 years

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
What goal? The second one? the Man City defender changed direction and ran right in front of Dembélé. If anything, that would've been a foul for Lyon had Dembélé gone to the ground.
It was outside. It was fault. Pick one. Whatever one it works? I get it, you're trolling... or blind

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Definitely looks the better hire now.

Already looked that way for first season of Serie A last summer.

With CL, corona def played a role, but I don't know. It's been a while.

There was the big prestige and eyeballs aspect (waning now), and that wasn't worth 20m.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Having said I don't like this concept of rooting for rival teams in Europe for the 'good of the league' like BL fans normally do. Ofcourse there would be zero toxicity as a result.
I would never root for any of the EPL Fags (especially Red Cunts of Manchester), Plastic Sahara Gourmands FC, Inter or Fagca, EVER!

However, when a team like Atalanta, a team our beloved president so casually dismissed as being small fry, Lazio, or even Roma do well in Europe, I am not too bothered. I'd rather they win than any of the aforementioned cancerous clubs.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
What goal? The second one? the Man City defender changed direction and ran right in front of Dembélé. If anything, that would've been a foul for Lyon had Dembélé gone to the ground.
Defender tried to be clever by running across and winning a foul. Glad it wasn't given.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
It turns out hiring sarri over pep wasn't so bad after all, might even have been the better hire considering all the demands and higher salary guardiola would command.
Interesting perspective, but neither of them is the right fit for us.

Sorri is a chain smoking cancerous clown with almost zero flexibility, while the bald fraud is a one trick pony who only knows how to play one way and needs lots of money to get his teams to "succeed." Given the level of expectations at both City and Bayern, I'd actually say he has failed since leaving Farca.

I hope our management were watching the QF fixtures, particularly the Bayern and Lyon games. Atalanta almost came close to eliminating another plastic club, and it would've been wonderful to see. To succeed, you need pace, hunger, and continuity. Obviously, you shouldn't be selling your best players and weakening one area to strengthen another. Lack of balance = European failure. I hope those are some of the conclusions they drew/derived from watching those games.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Interesting perspective, but neither of them is the right fit for us.

Sorri is a chain smoking cancerous clown with almost zero flexibility, while the bald fraud is a one trick pony who only knows how to play one way and needs lots of money to get his teams to "succeed." Given the level of expectations at both City and Bayern, I'd actually say he has failed since leaving Farca.

I hope our management were watching the QF fixtures, particularly the Bayern and Lyon games. Atalanta almost came close to eliminating another plastic club, and it would've been wonderful to see. To succeed, you need pace, hunger, and continuity. Obviously, you shouldn't be selling your best players and weakening one area to strengthen another. Lack of balance = European failure. I hope those are some of the conclusions they drew/derived from watching those games.
Who would you have hired (or kept)?

- - - Updated - - -

And Pirlo hired, as inexperienced as he is, is def a Europe focused one.

Sarri was meant for transition (but his personality and unbalanced squad got in the way).

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Who would you have hired (or kept)?
I am all in for Zizou - its no secret. The man is clutch, a born winner. However, he wasn't available at the time. I wouldn't have hired Sarri, given how Chelsea were so desperate to get rid of him. That should've told us all we needed to know. I'd have bought a relatively unheralded coach for a year or two (considering the Allegri cycle was definitively over, or so we were led to believe). If the board were willing to back Allegri and keep Dybala (have clear the air talks between them), I'd have asked him to stay onboard for one season, and given him the tools he needed to succeed. We also have this problem of not trusting foreign coaches, and always entrusting our bench to Italian tacticians. Currently, I'd argue the German school of coaching is superior, so maybe we should look/should've looked at a German coach with Zizou unavailable.

We were in a difficult situation, and I understand the Sarri hire, but I was never in favor of it, because I knew it was doomed to failure from the start.

As for players, I would have never sold Pogba or Vidal without adequately replacing them, something which we never truly did, and for which we are still paying the price. I really hope Pirlo understand the midfield is key, and that Dybala is the future of this club - otherwise, we're going nowhere fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems you don't know how close the Germans was at winning the war in the East. But agreed, as soon as the Germans (Hitler), declared war on the US the war was decided.

The US with all it's industrial might and manpower is a country no one could defeat, both the Germans and Japanese had to witness this.
Hitler was a foolish and arrogant Muppet though. There was no way you were going to defeat the Russians in winter. Perhaps had you waited until Spring, your prospects would have been better, especially considering you'd lost a lot of men and were low on rations. Nonetheless, I am glad things turned out the way they did. German is an ugly language and the whole world shouldn't be speaking it :p

- - - Updated - - -

PSG vs Lyon final. Do it.
Why? I'd much rather see Leipzig or Bayen in the final than that plastic club. I do not approve or endorse your support for those overpaid fags.

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Some of those replies too

2 french teams in SFs and the morons from FF cancelled ballon d'or, lol.
You thought that was coincidence?

hehe. can u insult guardiola more. you have the best insults
Prime cut top choice

:lol: this guy's tweets are golden

Too bad he has to be a ManU knuckle-dragger is all

You know it's tuz when the CL thread blitzkrieg like turns into WW2 battleground.
Thought the same thing

I hope Bayern win so Barcelona have to pay us.
Someone’s just in it for the money :D

Then why did they hire Sarri?

They wanted style, beauty which are products of his philosophy.
Ashtrays. It was all about the ashtrays.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Turns out cancelling the league did wonders for Lyon, huh
They outplayed us badly back in February too. We were quite lucky to lose that match only 1-0 as they had the lion’s share of chances (yes, we also could have been given a penalty and an undeserved draw). Mediocre team finished 7th in the league. Perhaps just gained confidence by going past us.

Poop just laying another CL turd. In the perfect circumstance he’s a good coach, but his stubborn unwillingness to adapt will limit him always. Sarri is like the homeless loser version of Pep.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
They outplayed us badly back in February too. We were quite lucky to lose that match only 1-0 as they had the lion’s share of chances (yes, we also could have been given a penalty and an undeserved draw). Mediocre team finished 7th in the league. Perhaps just gained confidence by going past us.

Poop just laying another CL turd. In the perfect circumstance he’s a good coach, but his stubborn unwillingness to adapt will limit him always. Sarri is like the homeless loser version of Pep.
I've no illusions on whether we should've beaten them now or in Feb, just like with Ajax last year.

It's just puzzling that in a year where frogs didnt play a competitive game for months, suddenly there are 2 Ligue 1 teams in semi finals, something I don't remember happening ever. Makes you question whether fresh legs and preparation arent more important than the mythical match fitness.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I've no illusions on whether we should've beaten them now or in Feb, just like with Ajax last year.

It's just puzzling that in a year where frogs didnt play a competitive game for months, suddenly there are 2 Ligue 1 teams in semi finals, something I don't remember happening ever. Makes you question whether fresh legs and preparation arent more important than the mythical match fitness.
A combination of the two. Fresh legs while also being match fit is the best combo. We did play a better match in the second leg. And deserved our 2-1 win. But they definitely were the better team and deserved to progress over the 2 legs. Our tactics were complete shit for how much better a side we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)