Champions League 2019/20 (60 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Doesn't surprise me. He's a horrible coach. Not only in the CL but generally.

He's overhyped (LOL, Fred and others used to wank over him) but to me he's just an upgrade version of Rijkaard who managed to win something yet he's way below good coaching level.
Pep has a great marketing team behind him because his results have been shit.After spending around 650 million the past four years in City he won 2 PL's and managed to make it to 1/4's of the CL.

Pellegrini did around the same and was sacked

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
The Italians was the Germans allies but was one of the biggest contributers to them losing the war, especially by the Greek front in 1941, delaying Operation Barbarossa for crucial time as Hitler had to save Benitos ass as usual :lol:
Invade Russia? you always would lose, not matter if you even have Terminators T100 in your army....

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Pep era/remnants of tiki taka fandom officially over?

All about running, press, and directness since Bayern won it last time but should be urarguably official now.

If you were to pick the best way to play the game not era bound, that might be it too. It was the same with Lippi in 90s with Pool like runners in midfield.

Mar 10, 2009
Sarri and our performance aside, I can't help but feel bitter.
We deserved to beat Lyon and we got extremely unlucky for the following reasons:
1-They only scored in France while De Ligt was out receiving treatment so they had numerous advantage and we fucked it up.
2-We deserved a clear penalty in the second half of the first leg and were inexplicably denied a deciding away goal.
3-Conceded the K.O in the beginning of the home match with a non-existent penalty.
4-Missed some chances that could've been enough for us getting through and were deprived from our attacking threat (Dybala and Costa).
5-Finally, we played the away game in a fully packed stadium and played the home game in an empty stadium and lost on away goals.

I believe with a proper amount of rest and a pragmatic game plan we could beat City, but wouldn't stand a chance against Bayern but no heavy score either.

No excuse. Lyon hadn't played for a long time prior to the game. They could have easily of used that as an excuse.

However, the conciliation of all of this mess is that most of the big teams are in a transitional phase. I don't think we're that far behind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)