Champions League 2019/20 (78 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2013
Exactly. I mean Lewandowski is definitely as great as they say he is but its not as he would get this crazy service from other teams..
Muller is an assist machine and he might be second only for KDB.

As for this game I expected Bayern to thrash Barcelona but I expected a 3-0 or 4-0 at best and definitely not such a humiliating result in 8-2 and the fact that Bayern could have got even more..
Definitely the Bayern system and abundance of great players supporting him has helped Lewandowski tremendously.

I joked earlier about Bayern putting on another 7up against Barca, but they even surpassed that.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Insane game.

I don't even know if we played good or if Barca just gave up in the second half - no doubt we were better in the first half.

Our defending were atrocious though, that needs to be fixed asap. It's been working so much better during Flick but tonight it was horrible.

At least is our offensive scary.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
This CL is the most unfair one in a long time (maybe ever).
I understand that it should have continued after the break in March. Too much TV money, sponsors and, after all, the fans needed some fun after what happened and is still happening.
But the conditions were very different for teams from different leagues. It wasn't the same to play 12 serie A matches by playing every 3rd day, finish the season in August after playing at the hottest weather of the year for a month and a half, and to play 9 matches and finish the season in late June, with a month rest in July (as in regular seasons). And the above is not the same as playing the last league match in March and then suddenly continue at the highest level possible in August.
The starting positions of teams from different leagues was very different. That's what makes this current CL season unfair.

Jun 16, 2020
half of the team is getting sold, some others are nearing retirement. we also have a bunch of mercenaries just like barcelona. these guys collect their paychecks and fuck off for a holiday.

ronaldo, de ligt are mentally strong players, they'd survive a beating. dybala already survived cardiff. and honestly, i don't really care about the rest. i never felt so detached from the club and the players.

is paratici competent enough to realize what top level football is about nowadays though. i have my reservations when we aren't chasing too many dynamic players. kulusevski better not be a mental midget.
Still, lets try to think positive. There’s a way out and a least we didn’t get raped by 8 goals tonight.

And imagine their big signing is another 30 year old on a expensive contract. At least we get some young players.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Insane game.

I don't even know if we played good or if Barca just gave up in the second half - no doubt we were better in the first half.

Our defending were atrocious though, that needs to be fixed asap. It's been working so much better during Flick but tonight it was horrible.

I think the last 3 goals they gave up like bitches, made it easy for you, but besides that, you absolutely raped them. Insane offensive efficiency. And fully doing it as a perfect team effort, this are the assists for the 8 goals:

In this order:

Lewandowski
Gnabry
Goretzka
Kimmich
Davies
Coutinho
Muller
Lucas Hernandez

This is how to attack together as a team, anyone can attack and do damage, when everyone move in synch and are as hungry as the next guy.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Insane game.

I saw more fight from the barca subs on the bench tonight :seven:

No credit where its due, you suffocated them and I've said it for a while, I like what flick has done to this team, kinda reminds me of the bayern team under heynckes, they an effective well oiled machine. hope you win the fucking thing because the rest of the teams left can fuck off.

May 23, 2013
Insane game.

Bayern's high line somewhat reminded me of Guordiola's defensive tactics which vs MSN Barca in 2015. If Barca had a frontline like that today the high line could have backfired.

Something to look out for against City and especially PSG.

Mar 3, 2014
Insane game.

Convinced only way to beat this Bayern team is by playing a counter attack game. The only hole I saw was the high line. The attack is so potent you can’t give it space. I don’t know how many of the remaining teams are willing to adjust like that though...Bayern are easily favourites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Insane game.

Congrats buddy. Go get the title now.

Apr 29, 2006
@BayernFan

I have to disagree with you. I think your defense was top notch. They completely outplayed Barca's forwards to the point of frustration. If anything your attack could've finished more chances. IMHO your defenders and midfielders would have won the game with the B team upfront.

Jun 16, 2020
Insane game.

Congratulations, your team has written history tonight. Enjoy the win.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Insane game.

Congrats now destroy man city

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)