Champions League 2019/20 (47 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I really don't know. This CL is impossible to predict. I don't think we ever witnessed one match knockouts in mid-August. The closest thing to this is the WC, but even those knockouts are happening in late June/early July, with teams already having played 3 group matches. This time everything feels unreal. One can't predict how will the French teams play after 5 months without football; how will the Germans play after a month and a half without football; Will the Italians be tired after just having finished the season?; Will City perform after playing their last meaningful game back when they faced Madrid in CL? Real, Barca and Atletico will also finish their season in Spain almost a month before the CL knockouts. Will the 2nd leg of the 1/8 finals be an advantage or will those teams be more tired for the quarters?

Will there be extra time in these knockouts or they go directly to penalties, like in Coppa Italia?
I agree. French sides have a huge disadvantage, followed by German teams. And a one game direct KO's in August in Portugal? Anything could happen.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
As hard as the draw is for us, it's good that all those who play the return leg of the 1/8 finals are facing each other. Up until the final, PSG, Atalanta, Leipzig and Atletico will not have the advantage of playing a match less than their opponents.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
I dont think so honestly. When coming back from a long break the quick sharpness and pace of play is the toughest thing to get back. Thats also the key compnents to scoring
Bro, Lyon will just park the bus with players rolling on the ground all day long. And we proved we can't brake such teams, so don't have big expectations.

Apr 19, 2007
The draw is tough no doubt but we wont face these top teams. Just 2 of them. Thats not any more than another year really. Im nervous of Bayern but the rest I see us as favorites. City will be a hell of a game though. First thing though is we need to destroy Lyon. I expect us to come out fast and hard. I think the Rabiot minutes are 100% due to needing a result in the CL. Hes being given minutes to make us quicker and fluid and its panning out.

- - - Updated - - -

Bro, Lyon will just park the bus with players rolling on the ground all day long. And we proved we can't brake such teams, so don't have big expectations.
I agree but I think we will break them down and if/when we do it will get ugly. They wont attack us except on the couter which doesnt worry me at all

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
I wouldn't write Lyon off. Yes, they don't have games now, but it's not like they are going to sit still for a month and then be like "holy crap, we are playing against Juventus tomorrow, let's go outside and kick this round thing... the ball or something". They will probably start preparing and having some games soon and at comfortable pace. At the same time, when the matchday comes, Juventus will already be exhausted after the marathon of games every third or fourth day, probably having picked up some injuries along the way.

Apr 19, 2007
I wouldn't write Lyon off. Yes, they don't have games now, but it's not like they are going to sit still for a month and then be like "holy crap, we are playing against Juventus tomorrow, let's go outside and kick this round thing... the ball or something". They will probably start preparing and having some games soon and at comfortable pace. At the same time, when the matchday comes, Juventus will already be exhausted after the marathon of games every third or fourth day, probably having picked up some injuries along the way.
I could see them only prepping for us which is a problem. Their issue will be what happens if we score? Will they try to attack? If we put a second goal on them it could get really bad IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)