Champions League 2019/20 (26 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
There were two reasons why people perceived last year's result as a very big failure. First of all, that second game against Atletico set expectations really high. Second of all, it was a first year with CR7, who was expected to perform miracles in CL. With these two factors Ajax looked irrelevant even after their win against RM (because they lost at home, and Madrid wasted tons of chances while Ajax enjoyed a lot of lucky moments in Bernabeu). As a result, both Juventus and Ajax were misperceived. In reality that failure was big, but not as big as it's been described by some here, because neither Juventus was that good at that moment nor Ajax was that irrelevant.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Even City have had massive problems defensively without Laporte in the team. I agree with your point though, if you have a capable replacement for the missing players you could be fine. However as we know every team has some position where they simply don't have good enough replacements. For us that position last year was CB. Going from Chiellini to Rugani/Caceres is tragic.
But with City it doesent affect the way they play to such a degree like with us. Sane is out for a while, they got Mahrez. B. Silva/KDB out, they still have D. Silva. Sterling is also there, they can move Gundogan and play Fernandinho behind. The emphasis of their game is on the final 3rd, and they have like 10 players who excel there.

With us, we have room for one wing since we used two of Ronaldo, Dybala, Mandzu (sometimes all 3), so DC/Cuads. None were there and Berna is more like a wide AM than a classic wing, he won't break defenses or transition the ball. Mandzu out, what other player did we have that can do a similar job? Then Chiellini/Rugani ofcourse, when we play the later we have to compensate and put more 'defense' in other areas, hence Can and MDS starting over Benta/Sami and Cancelo. It changes the balance of the team to too much of a degree to not be felt at the highest level. Not saying it's impossible to advance, but it makes it much harder and players need to execute the plan to perfection, not let van de beek receive the ball in the box between 2 of our defenders

Strickland

May 17, 2019
it's the coach you're shilling
No idea what shilling means, but I'm sensing I dont want to know

- - - Updated - - -

Show me a team that can do that. Real lost Ronaldo and went from 3 straight titles to being decimated by that same Ajax. Maybe City is the only one because they have players on the bench that can replace those who carry them through games. But if you understand the way we played without mids that can attack in/around the box, then you'd realize that not having our best (and only) 2 wings, and our only back to the goal outlet striker, against a high and hard press team like them was in fact a big deal. We used to skip the midfield for Dybala to break their press, but even he had to drop to the midfield to get the ball because we couldn't advance otherwise. Then we tried Kean to push their lines back, but he struggled to hold the ball and we looked even worse. We missed if not them, then players with similar characteristics to replace them. And we didn't have any
Are you asking me to show you a team that has 4 injured players and still manages to play well? :D Hmm, I dont know about 4, but Spurs had a bunch injured and managed to eliminate Ajax last season

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
No idea what shilling means, but I'm sensing I dont want to know

- - - Updated - - -

Are you asking me to show you a team that has 4 injured players and still manages to play well? :D Hmm, I dont know about 4, but Spurs had a bunch injured and managed to eliminate Ajax last season
They were without Kane and Son in the 1st game (amd Lamela but hes not a starter, but lost 1-0. They played 352 with Alli-Eriksen mid and Lucas-Llorente attack, you think they werent affected? For the return leg they got Son amd Lamela back, and won away

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Footballers these days often have to use their feet.

“Blackburn have got two strikers on and they’re both playing up front.”

“That would’ve been a goal had it gone inside the post.”

“Whichever team scores more goals usually wins.”

“If there’s a bit of rain about, it makes the surface wet.

“You’re on your own out there with ten mates.”

“It’s hit the facial part of his head, there.”

“It’s definitely hit Defoe’s hand as it’s gone in, but it’s not a handball for me.”

“What a shot! That’s completely unstoppable, but the keeper’s got to do better for me.”

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
:lol: Them quotes will never be not funny.

What a feeling it is to be a manager and bring someone on.

“To stay in the game, you have to stay in the game.”

“When they don’t score, they hardly ever win.”

“It’s a good run, but it’s a poor run, if you know what I mean?

Last edited:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Footballers these days often have to use their feet.

“Blackburn have got two strikers on and they’re both playing up front.”

“That would’ve been a goal had it gone inside the post.”

“Whichever team scores more goals usually wins.”

“If there’s a bit of rain about, it makes the surface wet.

“You’re on your own out there with ten mates.”

“It’s hit the facial part of his head, there.”

“It’s definitely hit Defoe’s hand as it’s gone in, but it’s not a handball for me.”

“What a shot! That’s completely unstoppable, but the keeper’s got to do better for me.”
"Yaaaaaaay, I did a cartwheel."

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Powis

Dec 9, 2009

“What a feeling it is to be a manager and bring someone on.”

The linesmen has gotten it completely right, but it's the wrong decision.

If you can't win the game then you have to make sure you win the game some other way

It's impossible to stop Ronney when he is in this kind of mood unless you tackle him.

If I was one of those players I would probably prefer to draw than win.

I love these players with two feet

Sometimes it's hard to kick a ball

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
The linesmen has gotten it completely right, but it's the wrong decision.

If you can't win the game then you have to make sure you win the game some other way

It's impossible to stop Ronney when he is in this kind of mood unless you tackle him.

If I was one of those players I would probably prefer to draw than win.

I love these players with two feet

Sometimes it's hard to kick a ball
Honestly, I don't like three feet players neither

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016

What a feeling it is to be a manager and bring someone on.

And that guy won a ballon d’or infront of Kahn and Raul :inter::sergio:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)