Champions League 2019/20 (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
City are done, no chance of winning it this season, have been playing like shite for a while now, they won't make it past the next round.
Its Pool or Madrids trophy to win, i'd give the edge to Pool cause Madrid are still in a close fight domestically.
I'd give us the third biggest chance, ahead of PSG anyway, two choking teams but at least we Choke in finals

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Everyone parks the bus against City and they still manage at least 20 shots on goal with 10 of them on target. Whenever they lose, its because of crap defending by themselves or an inspired goalkeeping performance by the opposition. My point is that we can play crap from time to time but if we are clinical we can get past the likes of City in the CL however, we create little which is my worry and that is down to players not performing in our system.

In the context of CL, if we played like we did against Napoli and Fiorentina, we'll be out against Lyon. Its fine to be on crap form by we're too inconsistent, we looked amazing against Cagliari then garbage against Napoli. With Allegri, we could look crap but we were solid in defence so I knew we always had a chance to snatch a win.
City can manage any number of shots they want but they still dont break down defenses consistently. They are 22 points off the title, that should it all about them.

If we were that bad in a season heads would roll.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
City are done, no chance of winning it this season, have been playing like shite for a while now, they won't make it past the next round.
Its Pool or Madrids trophy to win, i'd give the edge to Pool cause Madrid are still in a close fight domestically.
I'd give us the third biggest chance, ahead of PSG anyway, two choking teams but at least we Choke in finals
All I care about is that they beat Real.

Jun 6, 2015
Has anyone ever suggested a two-legged final? I feel in recent years there has been more memorable ties leading to the final and the final itself has been disappointing. For example last year the semis were pretty memorable but the final itself was a let down. I feel the teams would be more willing to take risks in a two-legged final.

I can't think of any sports where they suddenly change the format for the final. In NHL and NBA they have the best out of 7 format throughout the playoffs. In NFL they only play one game throughout the playoffs.

Perhaps even we could finally win in Europe with such change :grin: @Agnelli

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Has anyone ever suggested a two-legged final? I feel in recent years there has been more memorable ties leading to the final and the final itself has been disappointing. For example last year the semis were pretty memorable but the final itself was a let down. I feel the teams would be more willing to take risks in a two-legged final.

I can't think of any sports where they suddenly change the format for the final. In NHL and NBA they have the best out of 7 format throughout the playoffs. In NFL they only play one game throughout the playoffs.

That's probably never going to happen, because the team that plays the last game at home has a huge advantage.
Interesting idea though.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Jun 6, 2015
That's probably never going to happen, because the team that plays the last game at home has a huge advantage.
Interesting idea though.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk
Is it though?
A statistical analysis of roughly 12,000 matches from the European club competitions between 1956 and 2007 showed that around 53% of teams playing at home in the second leg won the tie (even after allowing for the fact that team playing at home in the second leg tend to be better teams).[2] This effect has however decreased over time.[citation needed]

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

uefa cup had that format back in the '90s, so it's not without history. i guess they changed the format because a single final can generate more revenue worldwide.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
there could be a two legged final on neutral ground. just use the same stadium for a one legged final but twice
I thought of that too, but @il brutto provided a statistic that said that the issue tends to be irrelevant. Wouldn't be a bad ideea either way.
I think that in a two legged final we can diminish the component of luck.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I thought of that too, but @il brutto provided a statistic that said that the issue tends to be irrelevant. Wouldn't be a bad ideea either way.
Generally it's in a single leg final where you see which is the biggest team that raise to the occasion. We'll simply have to improve

It won't have the same feel to it if it became a 2 legged final. It'd be terrible if the only way we can win this cursed cup was in a 2 legged tie

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Well I cant say we lost these finals because of luck
2015 - We have been really good and put up a fight against allmighty Barca - 2 Legged final might do the trick but again Barca were clearly the best in that year so they would have probably won it anyway..
2017 - Luck wasnt the ingredient we were missing... Real prepared well for this and got everything right...
2 legged final? We would probably not overcome a 4-1 scoreline...

Right now would a 2 legged final help us?! Maybe and maybe not.. The reason why we havent won it is not being good enough and not any luck related issue...

Can we win it this year?! Yes, but there are teams who IMO have more chances like Liverpool who is by far the best in Europe right now and then there are Real Madrid who has a similar winning mentality in Europe to us in Serie A.
Then there are a few teams including us that have a chance.

I dont know their domestic cup situation but if they are still in it they could definitely celebrate the treble this season (I wish we had Klopp)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Well I cant say we lost these finals because of luck
2015 - We have been really good and put up a fight against allmighty Barca - 2 Legged final might do the trick but again Barca were clearly the best in that year so they would have probably won it anyway..
2017 - Luck wasnt the ingredient we were missing... Real prepared well for this and got everything right...
2 legged final? We would probably not overcome a 4-1 scoreline...

Right now would a 2 legged final help us?! Maybe and maybe not.. The reason why we havent won it is not being good enough and not any luck related issue...

Can we win it this year?! Yes, but there are teams who IMO have more chances like Liverpool who is by far the best in Europe right now and then there are Real Madrid who has a similar winning mentality in Europe to us in Serie A.
Then there are a few teams including us that have a chance.

I dont know their domestic cup situation but if they are still in it they could definitely celebrate the treble this season (I wish we had Klopp)
The only luck in football is a ref mistake. So we only lost one CL Final to luck: 1998 vs Real.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
The only luck in football is a ref mistake...
deflections, woodwork, mishit shots going the wrong way, a defender slipping, etc are all due to luck. even a lucky draw can help you.

and in 2015, pogba should have had a penalty awarded. barcelona scored from the counter. that was fucking unlucky too.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
deflections, woodwork, mishit shots going the wrong way, a defender slipping, etc are all due to luck. even a lucky draw can help you.

and in 2015, pogba should have had a penalty awarded. barcelona scored from the counter. that was fucking unlucky too.
Nope, just part of the game. Dexterity is a requirement in football.
The Pogba penalty incident could be a ref mistake, which I said does count as luck. The other instances don't IMO.

Jun 6, 2015
Tbh the only impressive side I've seen this season so far is Liverpool. Boy, they know how to move as a unit, even if they play a shit game. We'd struggle as hell against them.
They remind me a bit of Allegri's Juve. They are super organized, pass it patiently at the back looking for openings and then have the forwards to win them most games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)