Champions League 2019/20 (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
The signs are everywhere. This car was driving in front of me a few moments ago and I simply had to snap a quick photo of the license plate. Which blatantly reads

Cristiano Ronaldo will win us our 03 Champions League Glory.

Written in the stars they say, pfffffffft. More like on the motor in front. :lol:
6DE7AC06-B491-4B8D-8BA7-6F0166A1AEB3.jpeg

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
With Icardi in the lineup I feel like theyd have went past ManU last season, he definitely adds an edge to that attack. But Klopps Pool have looked the most scary so far
I don't think Liverpool are going to prioritize CL this season while being so close to a league title. In the second part of the season, I'd be quite surprised if they have the same hunger in Europe than last season

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I don't think Liverpool are going to prioritize CL this season while being so close to a league title. In the second part of the season, I'd be quite surprised if they have the same hunger in Europe than last season
Atm they just seem superior to everyone, everything functioning like a well oiled machine for them so far

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
PSG? Do anyone really still rate them as serious contenders? Yes in reality they are, but they're the biggest chokers this competition have ever seen.

And money can't buy history or success in the CL it takes a special team and experience to win it. Something Shitty and P$G don't have.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
PSG? Do anyone really still rate them as serious contenders? Yes in reality they are, but they're the biggest chokers this competition have ever seen.

And money can't buy history or success in the CL it takes a special team and experience to win it. Something Shitty and P$G don't have.
Real were the biggest chokers until they won CL with Carlo, I wouldnt write off PSG and City just because of that

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Real were the biggest chokers until they won CL with Carlo, I wouldnt write off PSG and City just because of that
Real who'd won 9 European Cups before Carlo took over? No way.

- - - Updated - - -

Well Juventus won 2 and played 9 finals, PSG and City never won a final or played in one, I don't even think PSG ever reached a semifinal but could be wrong.

It's a massive differences, the French club is the biggest choker when you look at their results in the previous 4-5 years and the money they spent for it.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Real Madrid were chokers in the mid 2000s until Mourinho and no one can deny that.

6 consecutive years going out in the Ro16, they clearly had a mental block. Lyon made them their bitch.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

- - - Updated - - -

Well Juventus won 2 and played 9 finals, PSG and City never won a final or played in one, I don't even think PSG ever reached a semifinal but could be wrong.

It's a massive differences, the French club is the biggest choker when you look at their results in the previous 4-5 years and the money they spent for it.
Watch P$G win it now. Jethro jinx too stronk.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Real Madrid were chokers in the mid 2000s until Mourinho and no one can deny that.

6 consecutive years going out in the Ro16, they clearly had a mental block. Lyon made them their bitch.
Well you can argue so but for me is it strecthing it to call the (back then) 9 time European Cup winners and most succesfull European club for chokers. Then would Milan, Bayern, Liverpool, Barcelona, Ajax and so on be chokers as well even though they all have from 7 to 4 titles to their name. All of the giant clubs have ups and downs and cycles it's how it is in football.

For me is a choker those who pretend and try so hard to be amongst the big boys, here we talk about PSG and City. They're wannabe big clubs as they have no European pedigree.

- - - Updated - - -

Watch P$G win it now. Jethro jinx too stronk.
Then it's good I'm not Jethro :p

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Well you can argue so but for me is it strecthing it to call the (back then) 9 time European Cup winners and most succesfull European club for chokers. Then would Milan, Bayern, Liverpool, Barcelona, Ajax and so on be chokers as well even though they all have from 7 to 4 titles to their name. All of the giant clubs have ups and downs and cycles it's how it is in football.

For me is a choker those who pretend and try so hard to be amongst the big boys, here we talk about PSG and City. They're wannabe big clubs as they have no European pedigree.
The problem is you're judging the whole history not the current team which can be very different to past teams. While going from a decade to another decade one club can definitely have a mental block.

To be in a club that went far in the CL certainly help to accomplish that feat again if you have the means, since you're no longer the first to accomplish that, It's like having a first black president does pave the way in the long term future to have another one. Accomplishing this the first time is always going to be difficult.

But Real Madrid certainly tried hard and bought a lot during those years and they definitely choked. If PSG or City have that first impetus in which they beat a big team in the semis, then it's certainly possible for them to change their club culture. However like I said it's always going to be more difficult the first time.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
You're forgiven ;)

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is you're judging the whole history not the current team which can be very different to past teams. While going from a decade to another decade one club can definitely have a mental block.

To be in a club that went far in the CL certainly help to accomplish that feat again if you have the means, since you're no longer the first to accomplish that, It's like having a first black president does pave the way in the long term future to have another one. Accomplishing this the first time is always going to be difficult.

But Real Madrid certainly tried hard and bought a lot during those years and they definitely choked. If PSG or City have that first impetus in which they beat a big team in the semis, then it's certainly possible for them to change their club culture. However like I said it's always going to be more difficult the first time.
Yes I'm looking a lot at history when judging clubs. I just think it's wrong to say the most succesfull European football club is a choker but that's maybe just me. Of course did they have years where they didn't win the European Cup, it was so from 1966 until 1998, but thats just what happens sometimes, even for the most successfull clubs.

In short do I just not see any of City or PSG winning it anytime soon, especially PSG. They play in the French league, while good is it by quite a margin the weakest when compared to the other 4 big leagues. And that's their biggest issue, they do not have enough competition to face week in week out, this has also been a problem for Bayern in recent years, same with Juventus.

Good thing for us is the German and Italian league is still way stronger than the French counterpart.

City might win it in a few years but I think they somehow sink back to the Pellegrini days when Pep leaves them. Still a very decent and capable team but not one of those challenging for the CL.

Last edited:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

100%, especially when you consider that PSG have invested 100s of millions of euros in players for the only reason of winning the CL. You spend 200 mil on two players and don’t make the semis? Choke.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
it really depends on the draw, if we get a difficult match up in the 1st knockout, I could see us going out. If we make the quarters, we’ll end up going hard in both competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)