Champions League 2019/20 (28 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
I think City will prioritize the Cl a bit more this season at the expense of the two domestic cups, which will probably help them a lot. I can't still get my head around why Pep started KDB in the FA Cup against Brighton and then left him out of that first leg against Tottenham.
Like winning those was any thing but a default outcome given last years opponents:
Fulham, Leicester, Burton Albion, Chelsea (LC Final), Rotherham, Burnley, Newport, Swansea, Brighton, Watford (FA Cup Final).

City's record against the other top six in England over the past two seasons is 16 wins, 1 draw, and 3 losses. They've had two off nights in the Cl against Tottenham and Liverpool, but they clearly haven't figured out how to exploit Pep or they wouldn't be getting beaten by him consistently in the league.
City's record against English Clubs in the CL (the only important cup) over the past two seasons:

Played Two - Eliminated Twice - Progressed Zero Times - (0/2)

I think you'll find Klopp and Poch know how to play Pep. They just don't have £1bn to spend on as deep a squad.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuvXOXO

May 25, 2019
Like winning those was any thing but a default outcome given last years opponents:
Fulham, Leicester, Burton Albion, Chelsea (LC Final), Rotherham, Burnley, Newport, Swansea, Brighton, Watford (FA Cup Final).

City's record against English Clubs in the CL (the only important cup) over the past two seasons:

Played Two - Eliminated Twice - Progressed Zero Times - (0/2)

I think you'll find Klopp and Poch know how to play Pep. They just don't have £1bn to spend on as deep a squad.
If they knew how to play Pep, they wouldn't be losing to him in the league almost every time.

City having easy draws in the domestic cups doesn't change the fact that Pep's decision to go full strength against Brighton and then rest players in the first leg cost them badly.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
If they knew how to play Pep, they wouldn't be losing to him in the league almost every time.

City having easy draws in the domestic cups doesn't change the fact that Pep's decision to go full strength against Brighton and then rest players in the first leg cost them badly.
Pep didn’t rest anyone. He put out the team he thought would get a result. Check the Tifo video.

https://www.tifofootball.com/video/does-pep-guardiola-overthink-big-games/

PS Who did you support before City?

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Its funny you rate City that highly - I dont think they are that great.. Not at all..
Barcelona Real Juve and Liverpool are my favorites - Its based on team and approach (This is not the order but just the front runners IMO)
Barcelona - They bought who IMO will be the guy to go to in De Jong
Real - This is their competition... and they strengthened themselves well
Juve - On paper we look good but there is also the new setup thing so we cant really estimate how good we will be without taking a wild guess..
Liverpool - They are playing in the most modern way to play - They move a lot and pressure a lot which is why they got to 2 straight finals IMO and in tournaments it is the best way to play IMO.
Should it change into a league (super league - I`d put City as our main rivals)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Porto and Celtic out. Two of our easiest CL opponents in recent years.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad Porto are out.
These fuckers always get the easiest groups and always qualify for the Round of 16, only to give a free passage to whoever comes up against them.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Poor Celtic cunts. Europa again it seems.

Always hated them after they thought themselves near our level. A classic YouTube memory below

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Season without Porto in CL is a rare sight. Until yesterday, they held the record for most seasons in CL (23) and they shared it with Barca and Real. Now the Spaniards will play their 24th CL season, while Porto remains at 23 and is caught by Bayern. Juve are not that far behind. We'll be playing our 20th CL season.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
@Dantes

Told you, they both put in their starting eleven. Chelsea rested most of their players in the Premier League against MU (!) because even a match against them in the PL is not worth a trophy. a European trophy at that.

No offense, I hope you know there's more to football than the PL.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Season without Porto in CL is a rare sight. Until yesterday, they held the record for most seasons in CL (23) and they shared it with Barca and Real. Now the Spaniards will play their 24th CL season, while Porto remains at 23 and is caught by Bayern. Juve are not that far behind. We'll be playing our 20th CL season.
Fuckin Calciopoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)