Champions League 2019/20 (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It's gonna be scorching hot there tho, no?
It’s generally better that time of year that a lot of Europe. But in August two years ago, it set a record at 44°C. I literally had the skin of my eyelids peel off from the blasting heat from Morocco and the Sahara here.

So if this pseudo Champions League became CR7's only CL trophy with Juve would you be satisfied or disappointed ?
Duh.

Even more orgasmic, it would be in my effing backyard!

So bring on the asterisks. Heysel never discounted our last trophy.

It would be a gift and a curse

the gift would be a trophy that has avoided us for 20+ years

the curse would be the faux immortality Sarri would attain
Haha! True.

Sarri, not Sarri.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Turner must not be seeing the expected return on paying for a slice of those media rights.

Emerging (unorthodox) players like DAZN, AMZ, FB, Twitter all have demonstrated intent broadcasting live sports. I worked on it for the NFL Thurs night games on Twitter, MLB games on FB Live, and YouTube. These players also have way more disposable capital and can move quicker than traditional media outlets.

It would be interesting to see FB v AMZ v Netflix battle over CL rights in the U.S. market. They can certainly outbid Fox (Disney) if they wanted.

OP
Ronn

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
  • Thread Starter #4,556
    It is mentioned in the article that CBS/Univision hold the right from 2021. I didn't know that. It's likely that CBS picks up the coverage for 2020-21 too.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
    My favorites for the CL:
    1. Bayern
    2. Man City
    3. Atalanta
    I would put PSG there too, but no competitive football for more than 5 months will make it impossible for them to win it. Everyone else is kinda meh.
    If we avoid any of these teams before the final, we have a chance. (assuming we make it past Lyon of course)

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
    My favorites for the CL:
    1. Bayern
    2. Man City
    3. Atalanta
    I would put PSG there too, but no competitive football for more than 5 months will make it impossible for them to win it. Everyone else is kinda meh.
    If we avoid any of these teams before the final, we have a chance. (assuming we make it past Lyon of course)
    Agreed on Bayern.

City making it through is still uncertain, winner of that tie will be dangerous. If Real Madrid makes it through they'll be major contenders again behind bayern. If City does maybe it'll be a reference for them and change their luck in CL. We'll see if that makes up for their lack of experience

No chance for Atalanta. They don't have the defence nor the experience and the latter counts for a lot to win the CL. They'll do an Ajax 2019 at best

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)