Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2015
That's true. with VAR you can see everything now, so ref has no excuse. But I've rarely seen a ricochet is called a penalty. That Alex Sandro hand ball against Napoli is the only one I remember where you could see his shirt ripple, and even that was a bad call.
The one given against Alex Sandro was pretty odd. This one given against Inter is pretty similar to that given against Tottenham. The difference is that in this one D'Ambrosio's hand is in a normal position.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Of course it's not delibarate but it's careless.
The rule says "deliberate" or "intentional" I agree it was a bit careless but I don't think it can be given if it comes off of his body first as the player has no control of it but I think they are changing the rules again for next season with handball

CosmoX

Mar 18, 2019
that's because they never hired Poop, who makes the opposite happen eg Bayern 2013
I'm serious. A bit more luck (Aguero missing a penalty, 1cm offside called by VAR) and Guardiola would have been in the finale pretty much. Everybody knows you need some luck in CL. Muller also missed a penalty against Atletico in 2016 semifinals, a match dominated by Bayern. And Liverpool yesterday gets a non-existent penalty within 25 seconds. And before that they had Barcelona sleeping on a corner. They needed some luck.

But still, Liverpool and City they both demonstrated European DNA, attacking and never stopping running. We looked like we were playing an amichevole (friendly) against Ajax, dead on our legs. There was a clear difference between Ronaldo and the rest of the players. Ronaldo was tired and coming from an injury, and at 34 years old he was still trying to do everything he possibly could. Something that cannot be said by the majority of the other players playing.

Guardiola went out attacking till the last minute, dominating matches. He just didn't have any luck. I'd rather go out like that always than the embarrassment showed by Juve..

Maybe that was a failure of Allegri. Or the fault of the management. You cannot expect Matuidi to help Ronaldo score a goal. After all, I think Allegri did his job just fine. Allegri has his cycle at Juve which gave us two CL finals, which we lost against two teams everybody would have lost against. They brought Ronaldo and expected to win CL just like that (remember Agnelli's Villar Perosa's talk?). Forgetting that a midfield of Matuidi, Pjanic, Can, Khedira and Bentancur is nothing compared to European heavyweights. And that Mandzukic should have no business starting for Juve anymore (I love him, but we need someone who can score at least 20 goals).

Hopefully things change, the arrival of Pep should motivate Elkann and co to open their wallets and buy better players in all roles.

Last edited:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
As long as I can remember (and this goes far back as the late 90s) whenever an EPL team won a CL they've always knocked out an Italian team along the way, whether this is by group stages or knockouts. 1998/99 was too special for them as they knocked out both merda and us.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
If only Italy could grab all their finals those numbers would be different. Italy and final is a scary scene.
Most final club appearances by country (inc. 2018/19)
29 Spain (Real Madrid 16, Barcelona 8, Atlético Madrid 3, Valencia 2)

28 Italy (AC Milan 11, Juventus 9, Internazionale Milano 5, Fiorentina 1, Roma 1, Sampdoria 1)

22 England (Liverpool 9, Manchester United 5, Chelsea 2, Nottingham Forest 2, Arsenal 1, Aston Villa 1, Leeds United 1, Tottenham Hotspur 1)

17 Germany* (Bayern München 10, Borussia Dortmund 2, Hamburg 2, Borussia Mönchengladbach 1, Bayer Leverkusen 1, Eintracht Frankfurt 1)
9 Portugal (Benfica 7, Porto 2)
8 Netherlands (Ajax 6, PSV Eindhoven 1, Feyenoord 1)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Italy and Benfica... the curse never ends :sad:

sl-benfica-curse_o_6176683.jpg

10314667_1042734702433412_1642401368660390622_n.jpg
I can't forgive your team for the 1968 loss. Absolutely despicable.

At least you have a bela gutman curse, I'm not sure we have a name for ours.

Although, ironically i was born 2 days before we lost a CL final. :shifty:

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
I can't forgive your team for the 1968 loss. Absolutely despicable.

At least you have a bela gutman curse, I'm not sure we have a name for ours.

Although, ironically i was born 2 days before we lost a CL final. :shifty:

Against United? I think that was the night George Best made a name. He made a name with our club :lol2:

We've tried to fight this curse... we've even built Bela a statue with the 2 cups in 2014.

On the 1990 final in Vienna, Eusébio himself said he event to Bela's grave to piss on it to lift the curse... we've lost it :lol3:

Even the fucking UEFA Youth League finals we keep losing :sergio:

43 years to go...

dsc_0017.jpg

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You guys should have just lost to us in 2014, would have been easier for both sides and Spain would now have one euro trophy less (if atleast Valencia won, Sevilla winning just sucks). But that was an incredible season you had going before bottling it vs Sevilla. Iirc, won all the domestic competitions and then lose the only one missing :lol3:

On the bright side, just 43 years to go. 77 yo CR gonna coach you to the CL and do a tsuuu at trophy celebration

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
You guys should have just lost to us in 2014, would have been easier for both sides and Spain would now have one euro trophy less (if atleast Valencia won, Sevilla winning just sucks). But that was an incredible season you had going before bottling it vs Sevilla. Iirc, won all the domestic competitions and then lose the only one missing :lol3:

On the bright side, just 43 years to go. 77 yo CR gonna coach you to the CL and do a tsuuu at trophy celebration

The final against Chelsea was a fair game but that Europa Cup had Sevilla name already written on it before the match started. Even in the PKs the goalkeeper was like a meter ahead of the line.

Yes, that we won everything in Portugal... one of Jorge Jesus best years with Benfica :touched:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)