Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Please! in 2014-15 we played that first half like a bunch of scared chicken. Conceded with their first attack. Vidal could've easily sent off too. But even if the performance in second half wasn't bad, in 4 seasons after that we've seen a lot of instances when we're not motivated unless we have no other choice.
Honestly, what do you think Max Allegri would do with that Liverpool lineup? Snap at Adani after the match?
Of course we have seen a lot of poor performances, but we have also seen a lot of good ones and considering we’ve played two CL finals, we have hardly been miles away. That’s silly hyperbole.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jan 22, 2016
And to think about it they played 2 days prior to this game with high intensity and last night again ran their lung out for 90 minutes without getting tired or slow, while our team and our players get fucking exhausted in each game after 50 minutes despite of resting the whole week.
3 dynamic midfielders who can attack, defend and carry the ball forward. None would be considered world class but boy do they play well. We should be looking for these qualities and not ridiculously expensive Pogba types. Liverpool never gave up, it's something that takes a team to another level.
I bet if we had last night's Liverpool midfielders they would look shit and out of place all season.just like Emre and Bentancur. You have to give credits to Klopp who made this ordinary side absolutely rekt Barcelona.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
:agree:

When we had all those injuries around January Mercato, and failed to do anything. Let Benatia go and brought in an injured Caceres instead of properly reinforcing both midfield and CBs. Allegri might have screwed it all up this year anyways as he was very poor, but it would have been nice to have a proper CB with Chiellini out, and even just top B2B CM

- - - Updated - - -

It really isn’t. In 14-15 we hardly crumbled. Barca hit us on a counter to go 2-1 up in the ~65 minute area. They sealed it while we were pressing in injury time. Hardly crumbling.

Again, let’s not exaggerate. In 14-15 we were as close as it gets without winning.
As much as I'd like to criticise Allegri, we wouldn't have beaten Liverpool with our slow and old defense and frail midfield.

We have a problem dealing with high intensity, pressing sides and Pool are among the best in the world in this regard.

It's good that we got embarrassed by Ajax and not Liverpool. The latter would have been more difficult to digest.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Thats was really impressive from Liverpool and every time I see Barca getting their hopes of final squashed (which is frequently lately), reminds me how important players like Xavi & Iniesta were for their dominance. They cant control the games and dominate possession anymore. Both were exceptional in their roles, technically gifted midfielders that can "hide" the ball from opponent, verticalize the play and then cut it open.

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We're never winning this again, are we? :sigh:

Since we last won it, Inter have won it once, Milan twice, Bayern twice, Dortmund once, United twice, fucking Chelsea even won it once, Porto have won it, Liverpool well on their way to winning it for a 2nd time since our last victory, Madrid 7 times, and Barca 4 times.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
And to think about it they played 2 days prior to this game with high intensity and last night again ran their lung out for 90 minutes without getting tired or slow, while our team and our players get fucking exhausted in each game after 50 minutes despite of resting the whole week.

I bet if we had last night's Liverpool midfielders they would look shit and out of place all season.just like Emre and Bentancur. You have to give credits to Klopp who made this ordinary side absolutely rekt Barcelona.
Liverpool aren't an ordinary side. I think Barcelona minus Messi are getting there though, they looked a yard off the pace most of the game and the first leg score flattered them.

I said to a friend of mine that Liverpool will fancy scoring goals for fun at home as they should have had at least two in Camp Nou. But yeah you expect Barcelona to score, which is why losing 3-0 becomes an issue for quality and concentration. You need luck as well, it all comes together.

Serious questions for Valverde to answer. The call to start Sergi Roberto again when he was massacred in the first leg seems almost ludicrous, a basic tactician could see that Semedo was more suited to face Liverpool's athletes.

To me Barcelona look aged and tired and in need of rejuvenation (which they clearly will have), but the mental side of the game is where you lose these. This was like Barcelona of old, before we overtook their mantle as chokemasters of Europe...

May 23, 2013
Maybe. I mean we are pretty decent.
Congrats on the win, while watching I was actually relieved to see Liv when as if they were to go trophyless this season it would be incredibly cruel.

Pool would've absolutely thrashed Juve this season. I dont want to imagine Klopp's machine mid vs Pjanic, Matuidi and Can

- - - Updated - - -

its just hit me that Klopp just ko'd Barca 4-0 with Salah+Firminho out, replacing them former Stokian Shaqiri and Origi a guy who I havent heard of since 2014 World Cup, 3 bums Wijnaldum, Milner, and Henderson in midfield, Matip in D, and two kids on the flank.

This guy is something else :rofl:

Plz lets save this fanbase from embarrassment and never complain Allegri's squad's strength every again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)