Status
Not open for further replies.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Liverpool beat Barca with this lineup:
Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, van Dijk, Robertson (Wijnaldum 46'); Fabinho, Milner, Henderson; Mane, Shaqiri (Sturridge 90'), Origi (Gomez 85').
From this lineup perhaps Fabinho and Mane can get into Juve lineup with certainty. Motivation is everything in CL. Guys like Velverde and Allegri have a long way to go to win in this competition.
Dude, no! Alexander Arnold, Van Dijk, ROBERTSON, Milner and Mane are eons ahead of Cancelo/De Sciglio, Bonucci, Alex Sandro and Bernardeschi. I would put these Liverpool players instead of these Juve player any day of the week. Alexander Arnold and Robertson alone would put us on another level. Watch Liverpool games and you will see. I am a Robertson and Alex Arnold fanboy. They are exactly how full backs are supposed to be. In the game in Spain Arnold wasnt playing and thatbis one of the main reasons why Liverpool didnt score. All their attacks were going through the left flank with Robertson cause they had De Sciglio (Gomez) on the right. God, if we had capable full backs instead of these shi*stains Sandro and Cancelo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Liverpool beat Barca with this lineup:
Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, van Dijk, Robertson (Wijnaldum 46'); Fabinho, Milner, Henderson; Mane, Shaqiri (Sturridge 90'), Origi (Gomez 85').
From this lineup perhaps Fabinho and Mane can get into Juve lineup with certainty. Motivation is everything in CL. Guys like Velverde and Allegri have a long way to go to win in this competition.
Not even close...
Did you ever watch Liverpool?!
Alisson Alexander-Arnold Van Dijk could easily walk into our starting lineup
Mane - Im not sure he is better than what we have
Fabinho - Well our mid is crap so its not that tough but on what we expect for next season I`d say he wouldnt get a starting spot...

Alisson is great and one of the best GK in the world
Alexander-Arnold is very young and talented and he is much better defensively than Cancelo (Cancelo is obviously better in attacking) - Overall I`d definitely take A.A if given a chance..
Van Dijk - People called him overrated - People talk a lot but the truth is - the second Van Dijk stepped into Anfield - Liverpool defense became good!
When Coutinho was sold for 160M and then Liverpool used some of it to get Van Dijk I told my Liverpool fan friend that Liverpool did a brilliant thing and now are twice as good as they were and Coutinho`s isnt going to be felt - I think you can see that this is indeed the case...
Mane - He is fast but Im not that enthusiastic about this player - The Liverpool system makes him much better than he really is (same goes for Salah although in this case Salah is definitely WC)

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Our midfield is crap, our defence is crap without Chiellini. Dybala and Costa had an abysmal season. For 5 years with Allegri we haven't got even one player who constantly got better - Pjanic, Sandro, Dybala, Costa all got worse and Klopp is making miracles with Arnold, Robertson, Firmino, Salah and Mane.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Our midfield is crap, our defence is crap without Chiellini. Dybala and Costa had an abysmal season. For 5 years with Allegri we haven't got even one player who constantly got better - Pjanic, Sandro, Dybala, Costa all got worse and Klopp is making miracles with Arnold, Robertson, Firmino, Salah and Mane.
Liverpool`s defense is crap without Van Dijk either...
Anyway its about tactics - If you take a great player and play him in a way he isnt suited to he will not show amazing things..
Klopp`s tactics are perfect for Liverpool and make the most of their players.
Klopp`s way isnt the only way to play football of course but Allegri`s way evidently isnt..
2015 Pogba made a huge breakthrough but I get your point

Anyway a change in coach is definitely what we need (or a change in playing style) but players are also what we need as our mid is not exactly existent...

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
City, Liverpool and Ajax all have one thing in common. They are first to every ball and run through brick walls to win back possession

The energy they have is incredible and high pressing is something that is very effective that we have not ever done since it came back into fashion in the modern game

Old fashioned Italian managers just don't understand football has taken a massive change and putting big defensive blocks doesn't cut it anymore and you really need to defend by attacking now and keeping the opposition in the opposition half by pinning them back

It's very hard to win the CL by defending deep and inviting pressure as teams attack so well now they inevitably score the only question is how many will they score against you?

Mar 10, 2009
City, Liverpool and Ajax all have one thing in common. They are first to every ball and run through brick walls to win back possession

The energy they have is incredible and high pressing is something that is very effective that we have not ever done since it came back into fashion in the modern game

Old fashioned Italian managers just don't understand football has taken a massive change and putting big defensive blocks doesn't cut it anymore and you really need to defend by attacking now and keeping the opposition in the opposition half by pinning them back

It's very hard to win the CL by defending deep and inviting pressure as teams attack so well now they inevitably score the only question is how many will they score against you?
Man City flopped worse than us; they got knocked out by a team who they are miles ahead of in the league.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Dude, no! Alexander Arnold, Van Dijk, ROBERTSON, Milner and Mane are eons ahead of Cancelo/De Sciglio, Bonucci, Alex Sandro and Bernardeschi. I would put these Liverpool players instead of these Juve player any day of the week. Alexander Arnold and Robertson alone would put us on another level. Watch Liverpool games and you will see. I am a Robertson and Alex Arnold fanboy. They are exactly how full backs are supposed to be. In the game in Spain Arnold wasnt playing and thatbis one of the main reasons why Liverpool didnt score. All their attacks were going through the left flank with Robertson cause they had De Sciglio (Gomez) on the right. God, if we had capable full backs instead of these shi*stains Sandro and Cancelo.
I'm not talking about current form. Sandro and Cancelo are amazing full backs on their day. I still take Chiellini over Van Dijk after his ball watching in the first leg. That's why I said " with certainty".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Not even close...
Did you ever watch Liverpool?!
Alisson Alexander-Arnold Van Dijk could easily walk into our starting lineup
Mane - Im not sure he is better than what we have
Fabinho - Well our mid is crap so its not that tough but on what we expect for next season I`d say he wouldnt get a starting spot...

Alisson is great and one of the best GK in the world
Alexander-Arnold is very young and talented and he is much better defensively than Cancelo (Cancelo is obviously better in attacking) - Overall I`d definitely take A.A if given a chance..
Van Dijk - People called him overrated - People talk a lot but the truth is - the second Van Dijk stepped into Anfield - Liverpool defense became good!
When Coutinho was sold for 160M and then Liverpool used some of it to get Van Dijk I told my Liverpool fan friend that Liverpool did a brilliant thing and now are twice as good as they were and Coutinho`s isnt going to be felt - I think you can see that this is indeed the case...
Mane - He is fast but Im not that enthusiastic about this player - The Liverpool system makes him much better than he really is (same goes for Salah although in this case Salah is definitely WC)
I watch games the same way you read articles.
Van Dijk IS overrated. He was responsible for 2 of Barca's 3 goals in the first leg by ball watching, which is the cardinal sin for a defender. Alison is great, but Woj was great for us this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Compare Matip to Bonucci and Rugani and you will see how wrong is your statement. Also Robertson and Arnold are both amazing full backs and Trent is only 20 years old. Compared to our inconsistent full backs they look far superior.
Your post is utterly ridiculous

Those fullbacks are good but nowhere near elite or world class. They have a long way to go before considering them as such. Matip again is just an ok-ish player. The only world class player in their defense is Van Dijk and I will admit he's probably been among the best CB's in Europe this season.

Sorry but Allegri is directly responsible for the inconsistencies of half of our players.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Compare Matip to Bonucci and Rugani and you will see how wrong is your statement. Also Robertson and Arnold are both amazing full backs and Trent is only 20 years old. Compared to our inconsistent full backs they look far superior.
Do you seriously think Liverpool has a better squad than Juve? Most of their starting XI are rejects from relegation battlers. No one thought Wijnaldum, Milner, Robertson, Trent were great players but they are perfect in Klopp’s system.
It’s not just about the players, it’s about mentality, desire, playing as a cohesive unit. Buying better players is no guarantee of the CL. Look at Man City, look at PSG. Look what Ajax have done with a tiny budget, don’t tell me that have a better set of players than us. They don’t. Even we were excellent when we had a tactical system in place and had a team that played for each other ala 2014-15 and 2016-17 instead of crossing 50 times into the box every game and hoping for a miracle from Ronaldo.
The biggest mistake our club would do would be to chase ‘better players’ in the hopes of claiming the CL trophy. We need to fix our midfield, there’s no doubt, but anyone who thinks we can win the CL without fixing our mentality is delusional.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
The only thing that is better in our team is Ronaldo. Liverpool have the better management, coach and squad.
Please do us a favor and stop posting.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)