Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
We didn't have any wingers in the squad (except a 17 year old Coman), so not much width in our game. But other than that the squad was magnificent. We lacked belief more than anything else, which showed when we conceded very early.
Like I said, it was pretty one dimensional. It was like all midfielders and Tevez. Really good midfielders but nevertheless.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
unfortunately yes, this year was maybe the best year for you to win it... with spurs in the semis waiting,

also to consider that next years teams like Real, Bayern, Paris, United etc will strengthen their teams even more, wont make it more easy
I dont think all these teams can be fixed in one summer. Take Man Utd for example. They might not even be in CL next season. They cant sign Zidane anymore. Who is this manager who is going to save them. If they dont qualify for CL even Pogba might be gone. I think Utd has huge problems which cant be saved in one summer. Remember they are stuck with players like Alexis. Best paid player in league who is useless and cant be sold for profit.

I dont believe in Paris project. Theg have already spend a lot and no progress in europe. Apparently they are chasing Herrera from Utd to fix their midfield lol. They are giving Buffon extended contract. That team wont win s..t in europe.

Real and Bayern for sure will spend in summer but again Bayern has huge issues with defense. Are they able to fix it in one summer. Hummels and Boateng are so past it. There are even questions over Neuer. And what about the manager? Who will it be.

Real need to replace Ronaldo. I dont think Hazard is the answer. He is quite inconsistent. Guys like Ramos and Kroos will be a year older.

Of course we will be a year older too. We made a mistake bringing Bonucci back and not spending more in midfield. So therefore it wasnt a missed opportunity. I knew we would somehow fk it up after Bonucci returned. He simply cant be relied on in europe.

Last edited:

Bayernstar

Heritage of Kahn
Mar 16, 2013
I dont think all these teams can be fixed in one summer. Take Man Utd for example. They might not even be in CL next season. They cant alsign Zidane anymore. Who is this manager who is going to save them. If they dont qualify for CL even Pogba might be gone. I think Utd has huge problems which cant be saved in one summer. Remember they are stuck with players like Alexis. Best paid player in league who is useless and cant be sold for profit.

I dont believe in Paris project. Theg have already spend a lot and no progress in europe. Apparently they are chasing Herrera from Utd to fix their midfield lol. They are giving Buffon extended contract. That team wont win s..t in europe.

Real and Bayern for sure will spend in summer but again Bayern has huge issues with defense. Are they able to fix it in one summer. Hummels and Boateng are so past it. There are even questions over Neuer. And what about the manager? Who will it be.

Real need to replace Ronaldo. I dont think Hazard is the answer. He is quite inconsistent. Guys like Ramos and Kroos will be a year older.

Still all teams will imrove and strengthen their teams with new hungry young players which will it make it more difficult to beat them compared to now, at this time Real and Bayern will make a breakover with new young players coming in, so the best time to face this teams was this year not in the coming years.

Of course we will be a year older too. We made a mistake bringing Bonucci back and not spending more in midfield. So therefore it wasnt a missed opportunity. I knew we would somehow fk it up after Bonucci returned. He simply cant be relied on in europe.
I think it was a missed opportunity, because all respect to Ajax, they have great young players, but a big Team like Juve with that experience also dream to win the CL after long time, had to win and progress, Juve in my book still have the better players compared to Ajax. If Bayern would fail against this Ajax side, then it would be a massive failure without a doubt.

I never found myself wanting barca to win, I never thought that day will come but damn how much I want them to eliminate Liverpool.
Why is that? for me personally liverpool is the more likable team from the EPL, yes they are all somehow arrogant, but still Liverpool is a club with clear identity and history, they have my respect.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I think it was a missed opportunity, because all respect to Ajax, they have great young players, but a big Team like Juve with that experience also dream to win the CL after long time, had to win and progress, Juve in my book still have the better players compared to Ajax. If Bayern would fail against this Ajax side, then it would be a massive failure without a doubt.

Why is that? for me personally liverpool is the more likable team from the EPL, yes they are all somehow arrogant, but still Liverpool is a club with clear identity and history, they have my respect.

All major teams are arrogant.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
unfortunately yes, this year was maybe the best year for you to win it... with spurs in the semis waiting

also to consider that next years teams like Real, Bayern, Paris, United etc will strengthen their teams even more, wont make it more easy
What makes you think that losing to Ajax means that they had the beating of Spurs?

I think some here underestimate certain teams ... it was all cheers when Ajax came out in the 1/4 final draw; and plotting how to beat City in the semis.

Last edited:
May 23, 2013
The way Pep handled this match was on par with the worst Allegri blunders. He set up a ridiculously high 3-man line against MSN and was lucky Barca missed so many chances in the opening 30 minutes. He also used only one sub (Gotze for Muller at 79th minute). He was totally out of his depth.
He set up very poorly for this match no doubt. However, the team suffered from a shit ton of injuries, Robben, Ribery, and Alaba were arguably their three best players and all missed out.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
and people laugh when someone believes in club DNA. This Ajax is proof that there is such a thing.
PSG and City too.
History matters. Heritage matters.

- - - Updated - - -

I like Liverpool as a club. Likeable players and coach. Their fans are insufferable though, the worst in the world. @Enron, I don't mean you. You're a gem.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
He set up very poorly for this match no doubt. However, the team suffered from a shit ton of injuries, Robben, Ribery, and Alaba were arguably their three best players and all missed out.
Robben and Ribery out injured is known as Tuesday in Munich. Same as Chiello out before an important CL tie in Turin.

- - - Updated - - -

What makes you think that losing to Ajax means that they had the beating of Spurs?

I think some here underestimate certain teams ... it was all cheers when Ajax came out in the 1/4 final draw; and plotting how to beat City in the semis.
Ya think? You've been here long enough to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)