Status
Not open for further replies.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Look at these stats. Real was absolutely matched by Ajax over 90 minutes in this game. They are totally beatable. I want to face them in the next round if we advance.

CkJZ4x3.png
Of course they're beatable. We almost beat them over two legs when they had Ronaldo, and he made the difference. They don't have him anymore, we do.

And that's assuming their midfield and defense will improve, but I'm not so sure they'll return to previous years' levels.

Buy on AliExpress.com

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Yeah. Clear foul that was.

IMO It's an off the ball incident which played little or no interference in the play. I think the least the ref could have done is acknowledged the foul and given Vasquez the yellow, this is despite the fact that there was no way the Ajax player or his teammates would have stopped that goal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Why would he switch Dortmund for Tottenham? These are basically even teams with BVB having the historical edge while Spurs play in a better league. If anything he's gonna go to Manchester or Bayern.
This is a really stupid comment, which ignores the fact that he has already left the good Manchester club.

And if you think a young English player from London sees Dortmund and Spurs as equally attractive options, then you’re waaaaay off the mark.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
IMO It's an off the ball incident which played little or no interference in the play. I think the least the ref could have done is acknowledged the foul and given Vasquez the yellow, this is despite the fact that there was no way the Ajax player or his teammates would have stopped that goal.

Same goes for the Courtois incident on Ajax’s disallowed goal if that’s the case. Show some fucking consistency.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I really feel we’re gonna get our asses handled by Liverpool. Our defense have been a disaster under Kovac for most parts.

Our only chance is simply to outscore them, especially with them missing VVD and another defender
I think their recent results have shown they are slowing down, hopefully they will be much weaker by the second leg. You just gotta do enough to keep it alive. :xfinger:

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I think their recent results have shown they are slowing down, hopefully they will be much weaker by the second leg. You just gotta do enough to keep it alive. :xfinger:

I feel that if we can somehow survive Anfield with a good decent result we can really give them a hard time at home with 70.000 fans making the Allianz rocking , at home we can also put a whole other pressure on the opponent

That said, we’re still so damn vulnerable on counter attacks, and our defense get so many brainfarts each game .. so it’s kinda hard to be optimistic before these two matches, especially the one in Liverpool

- - - Updated - - -

That was different Dortmund team I am surprised that they are top of bundesliga
Because Bayern are shite this season, they played a pretty good season, but with a normal season from us we would be level with them as right now, maybe even 3-4 points ahead

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I feel that if we can somehow survive Anfield with a good decent result we can really give them a hard time at home with 70.000 fans making the Allianz rocking , at home we can also put a whole other pressure on the opponent

That said, we’re still so damn vulnerable on counter attacks, and our defense get so many brainfarts each game .. so it’s kinda hard to be optimistic before these two matches, especially the one in Liverpool
Feel you on that one, but really hope you go through, otherwise it will fuel the EPL minions to continue bigging up their league.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Nah, they’re done.
That was different Dortmund team I am surprised that they are top of bundesliga
That's actually the reason I had that question. I thought they might be something similar to what they were in the past again. Well, that's sad. But it will be the only game to watch on that matchday anyway, considering what happened tonight in Amsterdam.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009

That's right but when I remember the moments in Serie A that involved us, this episode today leaves me kinda confused. Lichsteiner last season and Matuidi this season both made fouls in build-up and got those goals disallowed. It just makes you think how does VAR really works because some situations are the same but with totally different decisions.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
That's right but when I remember the moments in Serie A that involved us, this episode today leaves me kinda confused. Lichsteiner last season and Matuidi this season both made fouls in build-up and got those goals disallowed. It just makes you think how does VAR really works because some situations are the same but with totally different decisions.
It's up to the refs discretion i think, its also down to VAR experience. Tonights ref was a pole, im guessing he has little experience when to call VAR.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

THat's irrelevant though. You can't let the play go on, after a clear foul from the team with the ball. It's not a playing advantage type situation. He fouled the guy and took him right out of the passage of play, regardless of place on the field.

You can't let play go on and come back to it later, just because it was off-ball, that only works when playing advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)