Status
Not open for further replies.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
THat's irrelevant though. You can't let the play go on, after a clear foul from the team with the ball. It's not a playing advantage type situation. He fouled the guy and took him right out of the passage of play, regardless of place on the field.

You can't let play go on and come back to it later, just because it was off-ball, that only works when playing advantage.
Yes but it depends how he saw it, real are masters when it comes to fouling, as many have experienced. It was a foul but at first glance it may look like both collided with each other, or other way around. No justification of course, Real get away with lot but i think it's thanks to how they do it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yes but it depends how he saw it, real are masters when it comes to fouling, as many have experienced. It was a foul but at first glance it may look like both collided with each other, or other way around. No justification of course, Real get away with lot but i think it's thanks to how they do it.

Oh, I agree with the possibility of the ref ignoring it at first, but how on earth it didn't get reviewed and called by VAR is beyond me... far more blatant foul than the Lichtsteiner or Matuidi incidents where we had goals cancelled.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Oh, I agree with the possibility of the ref ignoring it at first, but how on earth it didn't get reviewed and called by VAR is beyond me... far more blatant foul than the Lichtsteiner or Matuidi incidents where we had goals cancelled.
True, In Italy that would have been called out. In Poland, apparently they only use VAR in high profile games, so it might be VAR experience?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I agree that Pogba is special but you are selling Verratti short here.

One of Verratti’s best qualities is his ability to dribble out of pressure. No matter how dangerous a situation he is in, no matter how many opponents are surrounding him, Verratti never hoofs the ball up. He always tries to play his way out.

Verratti is also a forward passing machine who always looks for the most effective option. He doesn’t just make safe sideways passes like our midfield, he is always looking to pass between the lines and cause danger. Verratti wouldn’t merely help our possession game, he would add a completely different dimension to our midfield. Verratti is miles better than all our midfielders apart from Pjanic on a good day.
I didnt sell him short as I recognize he is a great player and he is better than Pjanic on a good day but I was comparing him with Pogba and I think you got the idea that I really rate him..

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Regarding the cancelled goal. It seems many claim that Tadic obstructed the Courtois direct access to the ball, as he was running towards the ball, somewhat in front of the GK. It looks like that. BUT, he was not offside in the first situation, he is only offside the moment the fucker heads it straight over Courtois, where both Courtius and Tadic stands pretty much still just looking at the ball fly above their heads. Crazy decision to cancel the goal.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Regarding the cancelled goal. It seems many claim that Tadic obstructed the Courtois direct access to the ball, as he was running towards the ball, somewhat in front of the GK. It looks like that. BUT, he was not offside in the first situation, he is only offside the moment the fucker heads it straight over Courtois, where both Courtius and Tadic stands pretty much still just looking at the ball fly above their heads. Crazy decision to cancel the goal.
Do not agree
Based on what you wrote yeah I agree but the right decision has been made anyway
There was an offside of a player that was in a position to affect the play therefore the goal shouldnt be allowed (even if I am rooting for Ajax in this one for obvious reasons)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
If you rate Pogba way higher than Verratti, then you are either underrating Verratti or overrating Pogba.

They are two players of the same level.
Verratti is an injury prone, inconsistent, mopey midget faggot. When he's in form, which is a rare occurrence, he's a wonderful player. I'd still take Pogba over him. A world champion, a beast of a physical specimen, and he can do everything Verratti can, just slightly better.

- - - Updated - - -

Spurs, PSG, and Real already through it seems. I'm really looking forward to Bayern springing a surprise; Schalke are definitely fucked as City are coming into form at the right time. Lyon could cause a surprise @ home, and the winner of Roma vs Porto will be a treat for whoever gets them in the Quarters. I don't even want to think about our game.

Last edited:

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
This is a really stupid comment, which ignores the fact that he has already left the good Manchester club.

And if you think a young English player from London sees Dortmund and Spurs as equally attractive options, then you’re waaaaay off the mark.
So what, Pogba has returned to United without a problem. You may keep dreaming but his price won't be less than 100mln and is Tottenham ready for a bidding war with United, City, PSG etc?

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
ramos, the idiot admitted on live tv that he deliberately forced that yellow card in the 89th minute, just to miss the return leg and be available for the next round:

carvajal was banned for 2 rounds for a similar incident. i wonder what uefa's reaction will be this time.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
ramos, the idiot admitted on live tv that he deliberately forced that yellow card in the 89th minute, just to miss the return leg and be available for the next round:

carvajal was banned for 2 rounds for a similar incident. i wonder what uefa's reaction will be this time.
Nothing of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Any chance for Dortmund to pull off a comeback in the reverse leg? As far as I remember, they were famous for being quite unpredictable not that long ago.
Absolutely no chance for Dortmund IMO. They're out 100%.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Ramos is doing nothing against the rules, he played it street smart and is the reason why these cunts win the CL.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Ramos is doing nothing against the rules, he played it street smart and is the reason why these cunts win the CL.

He is by far the most street smart defender (maybe even player) I've seen. And yeas, that is exactly what wins CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)