Status
Not open for further replies.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Bruh you must be the blackest person there by a country mile. Guess you like the cold?

Those 'inuit'-named places always interested me. Just watched a show about Alaska and that kind of place is definitely on my list.
Actually I was surprised to see that there's is a decent sized Ethiopian community out here! Met a few from Sierra Leone and a couple African Americans, quite a few black people here.

They preserved a solid amount of their culture, and inuktituk (inuit language) are taught in schools at all levels, street signs are in inuktituk, their traditional winter wear is super cool made from wolf/bear/seal skin/fur. They're handmade and quite expensive, I'll probably get me a parka sometime before I leave.

I don't regret the move, would do it again. Great experience!

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Bruh you must be the blackest person there by a country mile. Guess you like the cold?

Those 'inuit'-named places always interested me. Just watched a show about Alaska and that kind of place is definitely on my list.
Alaska is beautiful. Definitely worth a visit.

Auyuittuq Park on Baffin Island is pretty spectacular with its mountains but not much else up there in Nunavut.

Always wanted to visit Greenland too.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
The biggest trip for me is not seeing ANY tree!! There are absolutely no trees here.

As for the cold, i've never handled the cold well, -5 and -40 are the same shit to me. I just layer up like crazy either way.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Actually I was surprised to see that there's is a decent sized Ethiopian community out here! Met a few from Sierra Leone and a couple African Americans, quite a few black people here.

They preserved a solid amount of their culture, and inuktituk (inuit language) are taught in schools at all levels, street signs are in inuktituk, their traditional winter wear is super cool made from wolf/bear/seal skin/fur. They're handmade and quite expensive, I'll probably get me a parka sometime before I leave.

You should visit Auyuittuq before you leave and BASE jump off Mt Thor. Tallest continuously vertical cliff in the world.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
You should visit Auyuittuq before you leave and BASE jump off Mt Thor. Tallest continuously vertical cliff in the world.
Just googled it....im sorry bro....im not white.
i don't jump off planes/mountains, swim with crocs and sharks. nor do i try to wrestle bears or pet tigers.

Wouldn't mind visiting it and watch you jump

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Sounds great. Thanks for the info.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Just googled it....im sorry bro....im not white.
i don't jump off planes/mountains, swim with crocs and sharks. nor do i try to wrestle bears or pet tigers.

Wouldn't mind visiting it and watch you jump
Only us white folk are allowed to jump off mountains? White privilege strikes again. Not sure I want this privilege though... :shifty:

I would wrestle a bear tho. That sounds fun. At least a black bear. Grizzly and Polar would be a little sketchy.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Only us white folk are allowed to jump off mountains? White privilege strikes again. Not sure I want this privilege though... :shifty:

I would wrestle a bear tho. That sounds fun. At least a black bear. Grizzly and Polar would be a little sketchy.
No, no, typically it's white people that i see do those crazy daredevil stunts
it's rare seeing a black dude or any other kind of person other than white folks willingly jump off a plane for fun, or try to swim with sharks

- - - Updated - - -

shiit even shit like jumping off a cliff into a lake is too much for me.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
No, no, typically it's white people that i see do those crazy daredevil stunts
it's rare seeing a black dude or any other kind of person other than white folks willingly jump off a plane for fun, or try to swim with sharks

- - - Updated - - -

shiit even shit like jumping off a cliff into a lake is too much for me.
Yeah. That's true... I'm not really sure of the reason for it though. In North America and Europe probably has something to do with a lot of minorities growing up in inner cities, where opportunities to grow into that sort of lifestyle are a little more rare.

My cousin Stu is black, and he's always been into stuff like rock climbing, surfing, snowboarding, mountain biking... all the extreme sports stuff. But that's just a personal anecdote.

There's a big Asian presence in the rock climbing community.

- - - Updated - - -

:lol3: i bet you would
I knew someone would take it this way. Of course it's you. :lol:

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Yeah. That's true... I'm not really sure of the reason for it though. In North America and Europe probably has something to do with a lot of minorities growing up in inner cities, where opportunities to grow into that sort of lifestyle are a little more rare.

My cousin Stu is black, and he's always been into stuff like rock climbing, surfing, snowboarding, mountain biking... all the extreme sports stuff. But that's just a personal anecdote.

There's a big Asian presence in the rock climbing community.

- - - Updated - - -

I knew someone would take it this way. Of course it's you. :lol:
All the power to your cousin :grin:
Couldn't pay me enough to speed down a mountain trail on a bike :lol:
Not trying to get knocked out by a tree

- - - Updated - - -

I love it, how far you are from the slopes?
I don't know what a slope is

- - - Updated - - -

Lordy.

How much $ do you lose every year or every month with betting?
Started betting this WC
Was an epic failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)