Status
Not open for further replies.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
On paper yes Liverpool should beat Napoli but who knows.. if Napoli play against Liverpool when the later have a bad day I think anything can happen
Most likely result IMO 3-1 Liverpool but even though I like Liverpool I hope Napoli goes through with a draw or a 2-1 loss
Why? They are on par on paper, and more importantly, on the pitch as well. Anything can happen, but here's hope Carlo outclasses the dimwit coaching Pool.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Why? They are on par on paper, and more importantly, on the pitch as well. Anything can happen, but here's hope Carlo outclasses the dimwit coaching Pool.
I'd say the fact it is going to take place on Anfield gives LFC an edge. I also tend to think that The Reds have slightly better individuals. Front line of Mane - Firmino - Salah seems to be better than Insigne - Merten/Milik - Callejon. Midfield and defense is more or less on par and LFC has a better keeper. I hope Napoli will not give Liverpool's players the space to run into as they thrive in such conditions.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
So does Liverpool have to better the scoreline from the 1-0 San Paolo defeat to progress? Let’s say 2-0. They be equal in GD. Then that’ll be enough. Right?

Hope not. Would rather Napoli progress to the next round than Liverpool. Awful fans. Worse than Manure.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I'd say the fact it is going to take place on Anfield gives LFC an edge. I also tend to think that The Reds have slightly better individuals. Front line of Mane - Firmino - Salah seems to be better than Insigne - Merten/Milik - Callejon. Midfield and defense is more or less on par and LFC has a better keeper. I hope Napoli will not give Liverpool's players the space to run into as they thrive in such conditions.
Imo Napoli has the better defense overall, and maybe even a better mid. Attack goes to Pool.

Anyways, i think we can agree on that there isn't a lot of quality difference between the two teams.

Pool has to win by 2 goals iirc? That's gonna be hard, even at home. Gonna be an intersting game.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Imo Napoli has the better defense overall, and maybe even a better mid. Attack goes to Pool.

Anyways, i think we can agree on that there isn't a lot of quality difference between the two teams.

Pool has to win by 2 goals iirc? That's gonna be hard, even at home. Gonna be an intersting game.
Yes, definitely there's no gulf in quality. LFC has been lucky that Van Dijk worked out for them. Surprisingly, the fullbacks like Jenkinson, Gomez or Arnold are also doing a good job I've heard.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
They are far from being on par..
Napoli has Allan that stands out along with Koulibaly while Zielinski is their ace in their sleeves
Liverpool are much more than that - Van Dijk (even if you dont like him) + Keita + Fabinho who hasnt been himself this season + Salah + Firmino and they have Allison on goal
Nope Liverpool are way better.. Napoli are just being overrated
P.S I didnt talk about Insigne since he and Mane are both very good players but I see them very dependent on the system (Its also true about Salah but you just cant ignore what he has being doing there...)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I hope Napoli go through.
I don't care about Inter. They can rot in Europa hell for all I care.

- - - Updated - - -

Napoli has Allan that stands out along with Koulibaly while Zielinski is their ace in their sleeves
Liverpool are much more than that - Van Dijk (even if you dont like him) + Keita + Fabinho who hasnt been himself this season + Salah + Firmino and they have Allison on goal
P.S I didnt talk about Insigne since he and Mane are both very good players but I see them very dependent on the system (Its also true about Salah but you just cant ignore what he has being doing there...)
Fabian Ruiz and Allan are far better than any of Liverpool's midfielders bar Keita (who isn't fully fit).
Mertens is clutch and Insigne, annoying as he is, is always dangerous. Carlo is a more experienced and versatile coach than Klopp and knows how to react during games.
The biggest worry for Napoli is their fullbacks. I don't know how they will handle Salah and especially Mane's pace.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I don't even know where to begin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)