Status
Not open for further replies.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Yup. I’m actually afraid that we are burned out in February. But that’s only based on that we (under Allegri) uduslly start slow and build up strenght. We’re out guns blazing, but the way we’re already looking in so much sync is messing with my brain.
We have a lot more quality depth this season though remember, makes me cautiously optimistic. The middle is still a little light but lets see what January holds.

Mar 3, 2014
French investigators probe possible match-fixing in PSG-Red Star game

http://www.chicagotribune.com/90min...xing-in-psg-red-star-game-20181012-story.html
interesting bc this in theory this should be worse than calciopoli - but it won't be...
1) it's actual match-fixing vs phone calls to influence ref selection
2) The french authorities are investigating - like calciopoli
3) UEFA is involved - they tipped the French authorities, and PSG is known as a a shady dealer already.

If there is any evidence that PSG was in on it, PSG should be buried both domestically and internationally.
Won't happen though. Probably Redstar will be sanctioned badly, and PSG will come out smelling like a rose.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Seems odd to me. Why would PSG ever be involved in match fixing?

They don't need the money at all. Seems like they have so much to lose and very little to gain from something like that.

Mar 3, 2014
Seems odd to me. Why would PSG ever be involved in match fixing?

They don't need the money at all. Seems like they have way more to lose then gain from something like that.
Goal differential will be important because Liverpool, Napoli, and PSG is a group of death. You could easily see two of those teams end up even on points, and end up being tied in head to head as well.

A group stage elimination would be a flat out disaster for PSG.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
interesting bc this in theory this should be worse than calciopoli - but it won't be...
1) it's actual match-fixing vs phone calls to influence ref selection
2) The french authorities are investigating - like calciopoli
3) UEFA is involved - they tipped the French authorities, and PSG is known as a a shady dealer already.

If there is any evidence that PSG was in on it, PSG should be buried both domestically and internationally.
Won't happen though. Probably Redstar will be sanctioned badly, and PSG will come out smelling like a rose.
It's unlikely that PSG had anything to do with it in my opinion. But imagine this happens and they get relegated to second division. Buffon will be like "ffs seriously? not this again".
Gianluigi-Buffon-Apologies-for-Supporter-Issues.jpg

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Goal differential will be important because Liverpool, Napoli, and PSG is a group of death. You could easily see two of those teams end up even on points, and end up being tied in head to head as well.

A group stage elimination would be a flat out disaster for PSG.
True but no where near the disaster being banned from the competition for the next few years is.

I don't know why someone would think they could get away with this. Doesn't UEFA have a pretty advanced network that monitors betting odds, amounts and such and when they notice someone bet 5mil euros on a very unlike result, that result happens, and it turns out to be an official of the club that lost :howler: how the F do you think you are going to get away with that?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Pretty much unstoppable.

Anyway, you don't have to have the goalkeeper letting in gift goals to lose 6-1, it's very easy even if you drop effort down just slightly when the gap is between PSG and Red Star.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Hi guys (and gals)
Do we have someone in this forum that is from Holland?
I`m visiting Amsterdam in a few days and it means I`ll be there when we have the game vs Man Utd
As I dont want to miss the game I was wondering if anyone (in Holland or outside of Holland) knows if the game will be on TV (in Amsterdam)
I think the Ajax game is on the same day so they might be focused solely on Ajax
Please let me know

@DutchJuventino @Janna

Last edited:

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Hi guys (and gals)
Do we have someone in this forum that is from Holland?
I`m visiting Amsterdam in a few days and it means I`ll be there when we have the game vs Man Utd
As I dont want to miss the game I was wondering if anyone (in Holland or outside of Holland) knows if the game will be on TV (in Amsterdam)
I think the Ajax game is on the same day so they might be focused solely on Ajax
Please let me know
@Janna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)