Champions League 2017/2018 (13 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Klopp lost 3 European finals in a row. He was always the underdog, but still. The first 25 min of the game reminded me of the 2013 final, Dortmund also pressed us a lot and had some good chances, but ran out of steam and we started getting into our rhythm - totally same thing as tonight.
@DAiDEViL

- - - Updated - - -

Biggest troll animal on the earth

- - - Updated - - -

Took me 1 hour, read all of the posts :rofl:
Thats not what happened tonight at all.

He fared better in his 2 CL finals than Allegri though tbh.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Listen my advice. I mean good. You feel that this is injustice, but still you must stop posting and explaining yourself in this thread. Lets go and bash Inter and Napoli in serie A thread.
Some of these freaks might follow you there too in order to get you banned, so the best thing is to completely stop posting here for tonight and to go make fun of Liverpool someplace else.
If you don't take my advice, I can guarantee you that you'll be banned :p
Badass I hope you are listening and taking Marcelo's advice very seriously.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Listen my advice. I mean good. You feel that this is injustice, but still you must stop posting and explaining yourself in this thread. Lets go and bash Inter and Napoli in serie A thread.
Some of these freaks might follow you there too in order to get you banned, so the best thing is to completely stop posting here for tonight and to go make fun of Liverpool someplace else.
If you don't take my advice, I can guarantee you that you'll be banned :p
tell me this. Is there a rule that states insulting liverpool is a bannable offence? no but it's ok for mods to insult members? we can't even so much call a Juventus player a bone head without getting banned now wheres the logic in that?

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Tbh its hard to blame him. As ridiculous a strategy it may seem in football I think he figured it probably was his best chance against a vastly superior team to get an early goal and rev them up mentally. He gambled and lost.
I didnt mind it, it was the only way they could win it. You saw when they got back, Real were way superior on the ball. Modric is just out of this world, what a midfielder he is.

Was sad Salah went out though, actually felt sad when it happened..

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Thats not what happened tonight at all.

He fared better in his 2 CL finals than Allegri though tbh.
Liverpool did run out of steam. I know Salah not being there was part of it, but Real were just superior in the second half. With him being out they could afford to get the ball 15-20 meters at least forward on the pitch all the time.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
They didnt ran out of gas. They lost their best player. Weak bench to make changes. Compare that to Real who can bring on Bale who scores the decider. Karius was shit but Pool lost it with Salah injury.

In the end Klopp lost both times to a richer and superior opponent. I dont see people calling Simeone loser.

- - - Updated - - -

lets be honest... its wales... nobody will really miss them
Euro 2016 semifinalists.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Liverpool did run out of steam. I know Salah not being there was part of it, but Real were just superior in the second half.
Before the third goal? Not really no. Madrid had 2 good chances all game. One hit the bar and one was a Karius save. Same as liverpool. Navas did a couple of good saves and Mane hit the bar. Possession wasnt overly in one side over the other either.

Madrid really took proper possession once Bale scored his 3rd and they started passing around to drain Pool's energy.

Thats how I remember it at least. Karius is by far the biggest factor here.

How would you have set up this liverpool team? How would heynckes do it?

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Before the third goal? Not really no. Madrid had 2 good chances all game. One hit the bar and one was a Karius save. Same as liverpool. Navas did a couple of good saves and Mane hit the bar. Possession wasnt overly in one side over the other either.

Madrid really took proper possession once Bale scored his 3rd and they started passing around to drain Pool's energy.

Thats how I remember it at least. Karius is by far the biggest factor here.

How would you have set up this liverpool team? How would heynckes do it?
I don't think there's any analysis worth doing here.

RM won that because of Karius. I agree with you. If he doesn't make those two huge fuck ups, the game can go either way.

It's all on him.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
They didnt ran out of gas. They lost their best player. Weak bench to make changes. Compare that to Real who can bring on Bale who scores the decider. Karius was shit but Pool lost it with Salah injury.

In the end Klopp lost both times to a richer and superior opponent. I dont see people calling Simeone loser.

- - - Updated - - -

Euro 2016 semifinalists.
Its not about the results he actually gets. For them its about Klopp's style. They dont want to accept that you can get good results playing offensive football despite having smaller budgets and very small squads full of mediocrity. If they accept that it would pull the rug from under their defense of Allegri's style. Simeone does not threaten Allegri's style, its the same formula just slightly better. Klopp does because he has the contrary formula.

All 3 can get the same results in Europe, and Klopp can do it with the weakest of all 3 squads but they will call him the loser and the other 2 as winners and geniuses. This is tribalism at its most obvious.

Jun 6, 2015
Easy win for Real as expected. They weren't even at their best but Liverpool offered very little. Bit disappointed on Pool to be honest, expected a bit more from them although I knew they were way overhyped.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Easy win for Real as expected. They weren't even at their best but Liverpool offered very little. Bit disappointed on Pool to be honest, expected a bit more from them although I knew they were way overhyped.
You're being harsh. They played evenly with Madrid, Karius killed them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)