Champions League 2017/2018 (8 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Generally speaking. Most people who bitch about celebs donating money "but but he earns so much, easy for him to donate some money" probably have never spent a single dollar in their entire lives, when they easily could give a few bucks each month themselves, just like someone like Ronaldo can easily give 10k.

It doesn't make you a good person, but to me the reason someone dontates doesn't matter at all, all that matters is that he donates.
Maybe you should read where the convo started. Fr3sh said Ronaldo's a nice guy because he donates money.

I disagree with that. Do you agree?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
You love Ronaldo cuz he donates money. So does Messi, do you love him too?
Deeds depend on intentions, I don't know either of them, but from what I can see Cristiano grew up poor, lost his dad to cancer, gabe back heavily to his community and people around the world, kept his body clean so he can donate blood, one of top funders for lung cancers. While doing all that he doesn't show it off like he shows off his topless body, so it's easier to believe he intend to do good and not look like he's a good person.

Messi on the other hand, I don't know what his intention and habe nothing to speculate on.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you should read where the convo started. Fr3sh said Ronaldo's a nice guy because he donates money.

I disagree with that. Do you agree?
I find him donating his blood more admirable then the money he gives.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
All I'm saying is donating money doesn't make you a good person - especially when you have more money than you know what to do with.
Of course it doesn't; just a modern way to pay for indulgence, when capitalism and catholicism meets.

I pay to feel good and clear my conscience. Consumerism at its best.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:agree:

- - - Updated - - -

Nah.

I'm quite sure all of us can afford to spend at least a dollar per month, but do we? Majority probably doesn't, so they better keep their mouths shut and don't say things like you did above if ViP's spend let's say 10.000k to a good cause.
What about RUS paying hookers for sex? He is donating to sex workers who might otherwise be homeless and destitute? Does this count as a good cause?

Same goes for @Bianconero81 when he pays for his kathoey streetwalkers... :snoop:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
What about RUS paying hookers for sex? He is donating to sex workers who might otherwise be homeless and destitute? Does this count as a good cause?

Same goes for @Bianconero81 when he pays for his kathoey streetwalkers... :snoop:
It's the kathoey who pay @Bianconero81 to protect them from enemy pimps and keep them save on the streets.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Deeds depend on intentions, I don't know either of them, but from what I can see Cristiano grew up poor, lost his dad to cancer, gabe back heavily to his community and people around the world, kept his body clean so he can donate blood, one of top funders for lung cancers. While doing all that he doesn't show it off like he shows off his topless body, so it's easier to believe he intend to do good and not look like he's a good person.

Messi on the other hand, I don't know what his intention and habe nothing to speculate on.
It's easy to believe because you like him. Messi is even more private than him. It doesn't mean shit.

Giving blood is indeed more noble, because you are giving of yourself and your time.
Of course it doesn't; just a modern way to pay for indulgence, when capitalism and catholicism meets.

I pay to feel good and clear my conscience. Consumerism at its best.
:tup:

Many footballers have their management do their charity for them and don't even know where their money is going

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Agreed, but it's not altruism when you don't know what your money is going towards. If you can't even make the effort to decide that, you just don't care.
Yeah, my point was that if it was a truly selfless act, we wouldn't hear about it.

Anyways, starving kids don't care about our pseudo philosophical babbling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)