Champions League 2017/2018 (84 Viewers)

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I really hope Real win with referees help. If they win fair and square everyone will forget about their games vs Juve and Bayern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Hmm..

Real is the good looking guy in your class, he's a actually pretty chill and fun to hang with, but he gets all the attention from the girls and he is better at football than you are, so you kinda hate him, but still look up to him. Let's call him.. i don't know.. Christian.

Then there's Liverpool. The fat ginger acne girl with the annoying voice and funky lunchboxes with a severe fish/cheese-smell, who always say the most stupid things and always reeks of sour sweat; the only thing keeping her from being put down is the human rights. Let's call her.. I don't know.. Moo Slime.

Do you want your planet to be inhabited by Christians or Moo Slimes?
Hahaha wtf , good one !

Forza Madrid !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
@Enron is genuinely a nice guy, so it's hard to want him to suffer. However, we've suffered the ignominy of 7 CL final losses, and I've personally witnessed 5 of those, so we can empathize together when your team loses Bro :p

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
@Enron is genuinely a nice guy, so it's hard to want him to suffer. However, we've suffered the ignominy of 7 CL final losses, and I've personally witnessed 5 of those, so we can empathize together when your team loses Bro :p
Bro, if we win. Djimi Traore will give you his jersey.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I'm edging towards Liverpool winning this, I don't think Real are anything special this season and have been on the ropes a few times this season against Bayern and Juve

Liverpool might have just the exact game to mess them up, fast and devastating on counters I think probably Liverpool have this

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Not in a 100 years will Liverpool win this. They don't have the defence to shut down RM and Salah and Mane are very easy to shut down like some very mediocre sides in the Prem have done.

I expect this to be done and dusted in 40 min's. 2-0 RM at HT and 3-0 at FT.

Klopp is also terrible at finals, can't play a different system

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
You are aware that Salah has also scored 10 goals in the CL this season? Ok not exactly against elite defences (how many are there in Europe these days anyway?), but they all gave up multiple chances.

It's definitely not easy to defend against him or that group when they rely a lot on counters and pure speed. Someone that fast and direct in this line up is never going to be easy to stop. Oh, and Marcelo has a tendency to do whatever the hell he wants, keep a look out for that.

Football in the CL is increasingly turning into an attacking slugfest, and Liverpool throw a lot of punches as well, so really I don't see much difference between the sides in terms of threat. In terms of experience it's like chalk and cheese, but Liverpool will go into it with the same kind of blind naivety and enthusiasm that Klopp shows every game.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
You are aware that Salah has also scored 10 goals in the CL this season? Ok not exactly against elite defences (how many are there in Europe these days anyway?), but they all gave up multiple chances.

It's definitely not easy to defend against him or that group when they rely a lot on counters and pure speed. Someone that fast and direct in this line up is never going to be easy to stop. Oh, and Marcelo has a tendency to do whatever the hell he wants, keep a look out for that.

Football in the CL is increasingly turning into an attacking slugfest, and Liverpool throw a lot of punches as well, so really I don't see much difference between the sides in terms of threat. In terms of experience it's like chalk and cheese, but Liverpool will go into it with the same kind of blind naivety and enthusiasm that Klopp shows every game.

I get what you're saying but lets take all things in to considiration: 1.) It's a certainty that RM will score goals against the Liverpool defence, 2.) Liverpool can only play a full kamikaze open game and attack, there's no plan B, 3.) RM are king when it comes to the transition from defence to attack. What is the last team where the 'underdog' played an open game in a final and won it? Look at Portugal recent EC, or Argentina-Germany snoozefest WC, ATM-RM finals. It's all about taking the risks at the right time, not all the time..

Also they entered the final after a 4-2 loss, which could've been much worse if the ref awarded some very likely PK's to Roma. A Roma side that is playing Dzeko, Schick, El Sharaawy and Cengiz Under as their attackers and is highly inferior to RM's attack.

I'll be surprised if this tie will take longer than 30 min's to be settled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 84)