Champions League 2017/2018 (9 Viewers)

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
As I said, the refs have been very poor in Madrid matches, especialy at the Bernabeu and usually in favour of Madrid.

I just refuse to see it as conspiracy. Star players and big teams get calls, and Madrid has the most stars and is the biggest team. It happens in every sport. Crosby and Ovechkin get calls no one else does in hockey. James, Westbrook, Harden, Curry in basketball. Brady and Manning in football. And so on. It's annoying, but it isn't really some conspiracy.

Barcelona and Madrid get more 50/50 calls in their favour. It won't change until other teams match their star power and style.
Well fucking said

Saying they win only because of the ref is also absurd, credit where it's due they're also a great team

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 23, 2013
As I said, the refs have been very poor in Madrid matches, especialy at the Bernabeu and usually in favour of Madrid.

I just refuse to see it as conspiracy. Star players and big teams get calls, and Madrid has the most stars and is the biggest team. It happens in every sport. Crosby and Ovechkin get calls no one else does in hockey. James, Westbrook, Harden, Curry in basketball. Brady and Manning in football. And so on. It's annoying, but it isn't really some conspiracy.

Barcelona and Madrid get more 50/50 calls in their favour. It won't change until other teams match their star power and style.
But if that is the case then why are UEFA so heavily refusing to implement VAR?

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
Unbelievable, same team makes it to the final 3 years in a row in Europe, and probably will win it for the 3rd. Not sure if this is a European competition or African :boh:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006

:tup:

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

RoiLezard

Apr 7, 2018
No offence dude, but you cannot really compare the two. Juve winning the game over 38 games is more credible than peaking in the knockout stage of a cup competition. Had Juve got a decision their way in the league, it won't make as much of a difference than in a cup competition, when success or elimination can depend on a refereeing mistake.
Ventus has a point, we're talking about the most prestigious European tournament not a home league, something is not right.

RoiLezard

Apr 7, 2018
Yes the credibility of the competition has suffered greatly
True, and it will continue on suffering. It all feels like a vicious circle, sometimes it's in favor of English teams, or Spanish, even at times the Germans got their share of the pie, while Italian football is dooming itself with all the conflicts the Italian clubs have between them. This is reflected in the national team and their recent failures.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

May 23, 2013
Honestly I feel like it is UEFA purposefully pushing one of Madrid or Barca to the top in order to counter the popularity of the Premier Legaue. Not to say Prem teams are so tough and are the best in Europe. They are definitely not. However outside of Madrid and Barca they are far more popular than every other European team thus if we saw a final such as Juve Atlético or if Juve won it would turn off allot of those bandwagon casual El clasico fans.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

Agreed completely.

May 23, 2013
Offside goal in 2016 final
2 offside goals vs Bayern 2017 semi
Cuadrado red card for stepping on Ramos foot
Dybala yellow for a “dive” while Madrid dove the entirety of both legs and received nothing
Cuadrado no penalty last min vs Madrid 1st leg
Benatia bull $#@! penal
Lewandowski no penal 1st leg Bayern v Madrid
Marcelo obvious handball not called today

Come on guys this is not just refs being star struck there is obviously and agenda

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Dybala yellow for a “dive” while Madrid dove the entirety of both legs and received nothing
Benatia bull $#@! penal

Come on guys this is not just refs being star struck there is obviously and agenda
See if you keep on complaining you will be called a inter fan

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
See if you keep on complaining you will be called a inter fan
The difference is, in the league there are plenty of games for bad refereeing decisions to cancel out. That isnt the case in the Champions League. One mistake and you're out. Not only that, but Real get 100% of 50-50 calls. I honestly can't remember the last time a 50-50 decision went against them. They also get some blatantly wrong decisions in their favor. (Marcelo handball, last year's Vidal red and Penaldo's offside goals are prime examples).
The Champions League is a competition of fine details and margins, and these decisions have helped Madrid get over the line in every year they've won the trophy recently.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Benatia bull $#@! penal

Barca had faaar more outrageous calls in their favor a few years ago. Refs are humans, they are influenced by who the bigger and fancier team is. Uefa has to start using technology to stop this kind of favoritism, but it doesn't because it prefers the bigger and fancier team to win the titles.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Barca had faaar more outrageous calls in their favor a few years ago. Refs are humans, they are influenced by who the bigger and fancier team is. Uefa has to start using technology to stop this kind of favoritism, but it doesn't because it prefers the bigger and fancier team to win the titles...
...because they pocket UEFA more money. its that simple really

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Barca had faaar more outrageous calls in their favor a few years ago. Refs are humans, they are influenced by who the bigger and fancier team is. Uefa has to start using technology to stop this kind of favoritism, but it doesn't because it prefers the bigger and fancier team to win the titles.
:agree:

- - - Updated - - -

Well fucking said

Saying they win only because of the ref is also absurd, credit where it's due they're also a great team
:tup:

I don't get why anyone would watch the sport if they thought it was some fixed conspiracy in favour of one or two teams.

But I guess people watch professional wrestling so... :shifty:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)