Champions League 2017/2018 (6 Viewers)

May 23, 2013
Ronaldo isn't slowing down, Real Madrid play perfectly to suit him so as long as he is able to finish he will continue scoring buckets of goals

The only way to stop Ronaldo is to stop Real Madrid playing in midfield but then you have Marcello causing havoc on the wing as a LB

They just have too much quality simple as that
Neither Messi or Ronaldo are unstoppable unless they have a GOAT team behind them. Neither are goats

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It's actually a lovely evening when both barca and Pepe exit the CL at the same time, it only sucks that it had to be at the hands of those disgusting teams.

And a big LOL at those who think that only because Roma made a comeback then we will also do the same. Watch Roma win the CL before we do.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
icemaη;5712168 said:
Our most experienced players shit their pants and we got the Spurs treatment. We were the better side even with a goal down and didn't melt like we did at Cardiff. And then that howler. So fucking infuriating. On top of all this the pre match comments by both Buffon and Chiellini these past few days have been annoying as fuck.
It was absurd before Cardiff too. Buffon and Alves doing an interview talking about Gigi winning the Ballon d'Or if we won the CL, and how it would be the fairytale ending to his career. Bonucci saying how other teams should be afraid of us and we had arrived now to win the CL. Meanwhile Real Madrid players weren't talking such nonsense, just quietly going about their business prepping for the final.

And now this year, our leaders have gone in the opposite direction, talking about how it is impossible to stop Ronaldo scoring, and how incredible and great Madrid is.

I wish they would just shut up and stop doing these interviews with the press.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
TBH, if we had played Szczesny in the first leg, that abominable second goal would never have been scored, because Szczesny is much more aggressive in coming out to gather the ball than Buffon, so that Buffon-Chiello howler would never have happened and who knows how the rest of that match would have played out. We are actually looking quite good before we completely melted down after that goal.

Buffon hesitated coming out, and when he did, he clearly didn't call Chiellini off to let him gather the ball, and instead Chiellini did a retard clearance and Real Madrid scored moments later.

I hope we start the Pole tomorrow, but of course we won't.
I dont know.. I cant blame Buffon on anything but he does feel like a bad luck charm..
The Polak may save some shots but he could concede others as well..

electricRoo

Feb 27, 2011
Roma were amazing tonight, we should fucking learn from them. They were not licking Messi's balls or how fucking fantastic of a team they were. They just fucking went there, played their hearts out and got the result they needed. Fucking Buffon and his coward shit, fucking Chiello and his ptsd against Madrid, let's fucking murder them tomorrow. Good for Roma! This is how you fucking do it.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I just can't see us scoring so many goals against such an experienced club at this point. Their entire focus is CL. It's not like it's impossible to beat Real, but I can't see us scoring so many times. We're not that good at being aggressive imo. I wouldn't be surprised if we played it chill and tried to catch some chances.
:agree:

That's why we needed to keep the scoreline close in that first match. Unfortunately Buffon and Chiellini fucked up at the end of a 60 minute stretch where we had played quite well, and controlled the flow of the match, and then we just mentally collapsed and gave up. I don't see why anyone thinks this team is going to find their balls now, after giving up like that for the last 25 minutes of the first leg at home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)