Champions League 2017/2018 (12 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It’s unbelievable how Liverpool are always lucky with ref’s in the CL.
Refs decide a lot of things, bit like the Fazio call today. Roma deserved to get through but also by the letter of the law should be out. Some teams do get more decisions, it's hard to call and to take, but having a passionate home crowd helps over a period of time.

That said, the deflection off Milner was not an easy thing to see, and I don't think City have the concentration in defence to keep a clean sheet anyway.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Ronaldo isn't slowing down, Real Madrid play perfectly to suit him so as long as he is able to finish he will continue scoring buckets of goals

The only way to stop Ronaldo is to stop Real Madrid playing in midfield but then you have Marcello causing havoc on the wing as a LB

They just have too much quality simple as that

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if we won tomorrow. But I'll be as surprised as tonight if I see us go through tbh.
TBH, if we had played Szczesny in the first leg, that abominable second goal would never have been scored, because Szczesny is much more aggressive in coming out to gather the ball than Buffon, so that Buffon-Chiello howler would never have happened and who knows how the rest of that match would have played out. We are actually looking quite good before we completely melted down after that goal.

Buffon hesitated coming out, and when he did, he clearly didn't call Chiellini off to let him gather the ball, and instead Chiellini did a retard clearance and Real Madrid scored moments later.

I hope we start the Pole tomorrow, but of course we won't.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I agree with this to be honest. Messi is fantastic, but Ronaldo is frightening.
Ronaldo will be more decisive as his career winds down because of the type of player he is and is turning into, he's a great finisher and is now an 18 yard box player. Messi will be more like classic Iniesta, brilliant but has a physical disadvantage.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Refs decide a lot of things, bit like the Fazio call today. Roma deserved to get through but also by the letter of the law should be out. Some teams do get more decisions, it's hard to call and to take, but having a passionate home crowd helps over a period of time.

That said, the deflection off Milner was not an easy thing to see, and I don't think City have the concentration in defence to keep a clean sheet anyway.
It’s not a new trend. 2005/06 the ref helped in the group stages and final.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Told all of you Barca are nothing special

and @BarcaFan you have to actually beat Roma to get to the final don't take it for granted next time when you said you want to meet Juve

@Ronn You seen something meaningful from me now?
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

Niku

Jan 14, 2014
roma were in a group with chelsea and atletico, now knocked out farca...

in the meantime we calma and pass the ball back the whole game.

Tomorrow each of our players need to watch this game and take their balls out tomorrow.
They have to play like manly men and utterly destroy everything. No fucking prisoners taken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)