Champions League 2017/2018 (10 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Where ya been, Freddy? The rich, white collar, party boy life keeping ya too busy for the Tuz? ;)
I wish that were the case man. Instead I've been grinding it out, working full time and studying :mad:

I missed the Tuz and all you guys though, you can never really leave this lovely place :heart:

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Even if what you're saying is true, still a moronic thing to say given we weren't given a PK and Kane's offside wasn't called (can be more picky and mention Alex Sandro's yellow). So, if anything, his team was the beneficiary of ref calls. Sounds like an alibi also to me. The man is whining.
Just take the win and be done with it. Poch's not whining. I'm not whining. No one at Spurs is whining. You will not find any direct quotes or interviews with anyone at the club saying the result was unfair. But I guess it wouldn't be much of a headline to write: "Spurs manager says he was disappointed to lose. But shit happens." So, to call someone a moron for fulfilling a contractual obligation to answer questions from the press is inelegant. Your team showed grinta and spirit and won. Isn't that enough?

I'm confused as to why you want to give extra validation to the victory by attributing (non-existent) bad sportmanship to the team you just eliminated. Surely the only validation you need is we're out, and you're through?

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Just take the win and be done with it. Poch's not whining. I'm not whining. No one at Spurs is whining. But I guess it wouldn't be much of a headline to write: "Spurs manager says he was disappointed to lose. Shit happens." To call someone a moron for fulfilling a contractual obligation to answer questions from the press is inelegant. Your team showed grinta and spirit and won. Isn't that enough?
There’s a lot of Spurs fans moaning about the ref, but the media aren’t (not even the English), so I’m with you here. But there’s also context. As JuveJay said our history and reputation is really bad. Most journalists and experts still calls ‘Calciopoli’ a match fixing scandal and says Juventus were the main club orchestrating it all. But ‘Calciopoli’ wasn’t about match fixing and Juventus wasn’t even convicted of fixing games.

But people still says we did. Not only in Italy, but all around the world. And most of the experts and journalists says the same thing.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
There’s a lot of Spurs fans moaning about the ref, but the media aren’t (not even the English), so I’m with you here. But there’s also context. As JuveJay said our history and reputation is really bad. Most journalists and experts still calls 'Calciopoli’ a match fixing scandal and says Juventus were the main club orchestrating it all. But 'Calciopoli’ wasn’t about match fixing and Juventus wasn’t even convicted of fixing games.

But people still says we did. Not only in Italy, but all around the world. And most of the experts and journalists says the same thing.
I get you. I do. But no one in England gives a shit about Calciopoli. We don't understand it. We don't want to or need to. And whatever happened, happened. And I assume it will have been dealt with appropriately. And that's that.

I suppose I just don't want you guys associating Spurs with a victim mentality. We got beat. We can accept it. Football is a game where there has to be a winner and a loser. It doesn't make Juve any less of a winner to accept that we've come to terms with having lost this one. These press interviews are just narrative colour.

You guys are going to have an absolute field day if you eliminate Liverpool. They'll bite! :)

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I get you. I do. But no one in England gives a shit about Calciopoli. We don't understand it. We don't want to or need to. And whatever happened, happened. And I assume it will have been dealt with appropriately. And that's that.

I suppose I just don't want you guys associating Spurs with a victim mentality. We got beat. We can accept it. Football is a game where there has to be a winner and a loser. It doesn't make Juve any less of a winner to accept that we've come to terms with having lost this one. These press interviews are just narrative colour.

You guys are going to have an absolute field day if you eliminate Liverpool. They'll bite! :)
No one were associating you with a victim mentality, but in this specific case that’s what a lot of us think Poch is doing. But he does it in a clever way. And yes, your’re right. I do find both Liverpool and ManU fans way more pathetic at whining, but that’s another diskussion.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Just take the win and be done with it. Poch's not whining. I'm not whining. No one at Spurs is whining. You will not find any direct quotes or interviews with anyone at the club saying the result was unfair. But I guess it wouldn't be much of a headline to write: "Spurs manager says he was disappointed to lose. But shit happens." So, to call someone a moron for fulfilling a contractual obligation to answer questions from the press is inelegant. Your team showed grinta and spirit and won. Isn't that enough?

I'm confused as to why you want to give extra validation to the victory by attributing (non-existent) bad sportmanship to the team you just eliminated. Surely the only validation you need is we're out, and you're through?
:tup:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013

I didn't say you're whining. Where did that come from?

There's a diff between calling someone a moron and saying something they said was moronic. I don't know if Pochettino is a moron or not. One is a very small sample size. But either way, you seem to be a big fan of Pochettino (more amorous than the usual fan-coach relationship) to the point where you're taking it personally.

There's a lot of criticism in the English media about Spurs losing from a winning position. Even if not wholly, what Pochettino said definitely had a lot to do with deflecting criticism. He said Spurs were better on the field, but they lost the game because of ref decisions, which is funny given Spurs benefited from ref decisions if anything. I'm sure he also wants the club to take the next step towards becoming a bigger club, but there definitely was whining and deflecting there as well.

Every coach fulfills such contractual obligations, and their comments do get scrutinized. They're not awarded stickers for just showing up. And critiquing what they said doesn't mean one is being inelegant (ironic) or giving extra validation to the win (lol).

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
He said Spurs were better on the field, but they lost the game because of ref decisions, which is funny given Spurs benefited from ref decisions if anything.
I don't think he explicitly says, or even implies, this. Spurs are not Napoli or Liverpool. We will lose some games. And we can accept that happens. I think there's a little too much reading between the lines is all.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Oh. And I don’t think the ref favoured any team. There was plenty of wrong decision. Looking at both games I think the wrong decisions were 50/50. The ref’s, in both games, had some bad decisions. The Higuain goal in Torino was offside and Benatia almost pulled off a Tottenham shirt, in our penalty area, in London. There was no bias.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
What did Chiellini's "handballs" should've been PKs mean to you?

I'm not talking about Spurs the club or Spurs fans. I'm talking about Pochettino.
And it'll be easy enough to find quotes where he admits Juve should've had a penalty or two. Or others where he'll accept refs are human, and that's how it goes. The manager is the public face of our club, and if he acts like a twat or makes shit team selections we'll call him out on it. And when he's just 'saying stuff' that's taken out of context, we'll try and bring the context back to the front and centre. I've nothing against you or Juve, and wish you all the best in the CL. Pretty sure everyone, including the manager, has pretty much the same mindset here.

Oh. And I don’t think the ref favoured any team. There was plenty of wrong decision. Looking at both games I think the wrong decisions were 50/50. The ref’s, in both games, had some bad decisions. The Higuain goal in Torino was offside and Benatia almost pulled off a Tottenham shirt, in our penalty area, in London. There was no bias.
I agree. It wasn't the best refereering display. But it wasn't biased. And that's pretty much all we can ever hope for. Fair's fair.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
And it'll be easy enough to find quotes where he admits Juve should've had a penalty or two. Or others where he'll accept refs are human, and that's how it goes. The manager is the public face of our club, and if he acts like a twat or makes shit team selections we'll call him out on it. And when he's just 'saying stuff' that's taken out of context, we'll try and bring the context back to the front and centre. I've nothing against you or Juve, and wish you all the best in the CL. Pretty sure everyone, including the manager, has pretty much the same mindset here.

I agree. It wasn't the best refereering display. But it wasn't biased. And that's pretty much all we can ever hope for. Fair's fair.
Apparently, I didn't make myself abundantly clear in the previous posts.

I know you don't have nothing against Juve, and I know your club doesn't. And I have nothing against you or your club either. lol.

I was talking about Pochettino. Specifically, his post-game comments. I hope you don't drag the entire island into every discussion.

And it's my opinion that he said what he said at least partially to deflect criticism. If you disagree, OK.

"Just saying stuff" :D

I agree, the ref and the linesmen weren't biased. Just made mistakes.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
Apparently, I didn't make myself abundantly clear in the previous posts.

I know you don't have nothing against Juve, and I know your club doesn't. And I have nothing against you or your club either. lol.

I was talking about Pochettino. Specifically, his post-game comments. I hope you don't drag the entire island into every discussion.

And it's my opinion that he said what he said at least partially to deflect criticism. If you disagree, OK.

"Just saying stuff" :D

I agree, the ref and the linesmen weren't biased. Just made mistakes.
I think its best you keep such opinions to yourself. If you want to talk football fine but calling into question the validity of an of his posts here is an incredibly silly thing to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)