Champions League 2017/2018 (9 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
The Barzagli one I don't agree with, there's more chance of Mother Teresa deliberately stamping on someone. They got their legs tangled and eventually it led to Barza standing on his leg. If you watch the video Son actually flicks his leg out at him when he initially hits the ground, and I don't think Barza is even looking at Son at any point until he realises he has hurt him.

Might look bad and be painful but players also don't defy gravity.

When I watched live I thought it was completely intentional and dirty but upon rewatching I don't think it was. I think Barzagli got his legs tangled, was off balance and was solely focused on the location of the ball. If anything was intentionally dirty it was Son trying to kick him in retaliation.
:agree:

Rudi Garcia and his violin. Sarri and his "playing after Juventus is not normal." Spalletti and... well, pretty much everything Spalletti says. :D
And then when Napoli played first for once he backtracked and claimed it wasn't an advantage anymore :rolleyes:

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I honestly think you might be missing the big picture on this one, nobody ever brings up Juve and their influence on referees in the media just to suddenly 'praise' Juventus, most especially after they lost their 'make or break' game of the season against them just a few days prior. If anything, you can certainly believe that... ;) :tup:

Anyway, on this occasion my opinion for one has nothing to do with media clickbaits, we could all see the original video interview posted even in this thread, it's open for interpretations obviously but i'll stick to my previously stated point of view on this one.
He didn't mention the referee in the video, it was brought up by the media.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
In my opinion it was clearly intentional from Barzagli, I don't know if such a light "stamp" would warrant a red card, but I think Barzagli knew exactly what he was doing.

That being said, there is no doubt Tottenham had more wrong decisions go in their favor. The stonewall penalty on D.Costa, and Kane's header on the post in the dying minutes which should have been called offside. Those two decisions were much more clear than the Barzagli one.

Mar 10, 2009
In my opinion it was clearly intentional from Barzagli, I don't know if such a light "stamp" would warrant a red card, but I think Barzagli knew exactly what he was doing.

That being said, there is no doubt Tottenham had more wrong decisions go in their favor. The stonewall penalty on D.Costa, and Kane's header on the post in the dying minutes which should have been called offside. Those two decisions were much more clear than the Barzagli one.

Also Son dived to get to the floor on the first place.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
icemaη;5695505 said:
Pochettino thinks otherwise lol
It was all Agenlli and Marotta why he didn't give non existent PK's for the handballs that were not fouls to begin with in the first place

I would understand if they genuinely were fucked by the ref but we got the worst of it so his complaints are just bitter

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Poch's a micro-manager obsessed with the principles of marginal gains. He's also still not fully articulate in English.

This is more a critique of his own club. Not a dig at Juve. He's highlighting that the really big clubs (Utd, Barca, Real, Bayern, Juve) have a certain approach and attitude. And that maybe we can be learning from that. You can tell by his tone and body language that that's his angle here. He sees an opportunity for improvement, not any injustice.

Given that this man openly admits to there being a difference between 'trickery' and 'cheating' (when asked about diving) and who hates VAR with a passion, you can be certain that he's a person who is quite happy to exploit every possible advantage. He's also not stupid, and will be extremely aware that the media will put their own spin on this - and if that placates the other set of Spurs fans who want to find injustice, then they're sated too.

P.S. @Monty. Apologies about before. Misunderstanding. We're cool.
Even if what you're saying is true, still a moronic thing to say given we weren't given a PK and Kane's offside wasn't called (can be more picky and mention Alex Sandro's yellow). So, if anything, his team was the beneficiary of ref calls. Sounds like an alibi also to me. The man is whining.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
When I watched live I thought it was completely intentional and dirty but upon rewatching I don't think it was. I think Barzagli got his legs tangled, was off balance and was solely focused on the location of the ball. If anything was intentionally dirty it was Son trying to kick him in retaliation.

And then when Napoli played first for once he backtracked and claimed it wasn't an advantage anymore :rolleyes:
:agree:
Barzagli tried to get the ball - Son didnt dive but since Barzagli is a bit stronger - Son fell under pressure, Barzagli didnt step on him at will it was just where he fell himself.. Son tried to kick him back and Barzagli kicked him backwards in order to retaliate and avoid further connection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)