Champions League 2017/2018 (13 Viewers)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I hated them yesterday and I will hate them tomorrow, but god damn it. They made me tear up tonight. Hats off to Roma, for their incredible achievement.

4th placed Serie-A team knocks out the supreme La Liga leader and in many people's views - the CL favourites. It's remarkable, and one can only give respect to what just happened.

ODE TO BEPPE MAROTTA: Sign us some players who actually $#@!ing care, and who shows half the passion and belief that Roma showed tonight. Thanks.
You want us to sign De Rossi then?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I don't want us to be like Roma, as we are obviously the better team. This goes without saying.

I just want us to build a dominating midfield and I want us to reinvigorate our defence and fullbacks. A first step would be to acquire a new Vidal type of player for the midfield. I'd also love to see us sign a few hard as granite players for our defence, who can replace our aging backline.

We're a great, great team, but I feel that we are too soft in certain areas. A bit of grinta is certainly lacking, in my opinion.

May 23, 2013
Honestly the main problem with this team is the lack of warriors. Our whole midfield is filled with pussies and the three non pussy mids are always on the bench. Dybala is a pussy. Higuain isn’. Costa and Sandro aren’t pussies but they aren’t lolzillians. Mandzukic isn’t the same monster as last year. Only bastard we have on the team is Licht and he’s benched for lolsciglio.

My solution:
Get rid of the starting mid and get players with grinta.

KC17

Aug 18, 2011
Roma probably should have got something from the first leg, and absolutely battered Barca tonight. Did not give them a chance to breathe. There were numerous stretches in the match where Barca was just kicking the ball back to Roma at their halfway line. One of the best Champions League performances by an Italian team in the last decade.

To be fair to Roma though, if you look at their squad, they have a very, very solid lineup, and good depth across the squad. They're just an inconsistent team at times, they were right in the title race with us and Napoli until they went through a stretch of 7 winless or something like that. They'll want to draw Liverpool in the Semi's unless Sevilla somehow make it past Bayern. Think Roma's physicality and willingness to concede possession would stifle Liverpool, and they could easy overwhelm that mid-field.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
We have been showing respect ever since the draw, it's really disgusting. This disease is spread in the club, not only in the people, in the concrete that we own, the grass....simply everywhere.
Sad but true. We’ve done this for years. Reading Chiellini’s and Buffon’s comments before and after the first leg against Madrid was eye-opening. We simply give way too much respect to our opponents, especially great ones. We lose the mental battle straight away.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Im happy for Roma. Everything looks like Madrid are gonna win the CL again.... but you never know.

- - - Updated - - -

Likely a Bayern Vs Madrid final. Uefa will fix the draw that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)