Cassano for Vieira (2 Viewers)

Chico

Apr 6, 2006
Vigr77 said:
hh...I think we must cell Ibrahimivich first. Our team have not got Forward power. I don't think that Cassano will solve all these problems. Anyway Good Chance....
Good point, sell Zlatan would be good start. Then we need to change our team to make it more offensive, with an attacking cnetral midfielder perfect. Like you said, cassano wont be able to solve all our problems:agree:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
SSrThEgReAt said:
I think we can use this formation= a 3-5-2 formation coz it has worked wonders for Middlesborough. And our wingers can do the tracking back job.
-----------------Buffon-------------------
Thuram/Barzagli-----Cannavaro-----Kovac
--------Emerson----------
[winger] ------------Vieira----------Gerrard------- [winger]
--------Zambrotta Nedved------------
---------Del Piero------Trezeguet-------
So in attack we can use the width while we can also play long balls or create from the centre of the park. While in defence we always have 4 at the back.
Only preoblem is Balza and Chiellini will be wasted.
Or if Gerrard doesn't come then we can get Riquelme or Aimar with vieira sitting at the back with Emerson. So we can have a fast counter attack as we will already have 3 upfront and while defending we have 5 at the back.It lookssomewhat like this-
-----------------Buffon-------------------
Thuram/Barzagli-----Cannavaro-----Kovac
[winger] ----------Emerson---------Vieira----------- [winger]
------Zambrotta Nedved----------
--------Riquelme/Aimar-------------
-----------Del Piero----------Trezeguet-------
So basically we don't need cassano.
We'd need to totally rebuild our defense to switch to a three-man backline. Cannavaro is great in the middle, but Thuram isn't fast enough anymore. Kovac isn't either. Barzagli and Chiellini might be able to fill those positions. But, who does that leave to back them up?

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Either Vieira or Emerson should be sold to make way for a world class central midfielder with considerable attacking abilities.

I've been a huge fan of Emerson for some time as his contribution to the team has been invaluable, but I also think - and I know I'm kind of alone on this one - that Patrick Vieira's had a good season. I wouldn't be sad if it's Emerson and not Vieira who'd get offloaded.

It hasn't been easy for Paddy playing alongside another defensive midfielder with a style similar to his, but I think he's coped with it well - he's got a few goals to his name as well as a few assists. The last goal we scored was assisted by him and I can remember a few other sweet ones, most notably the one against Bayern Munich in the CL group stage at Delle Alpi, the delicious lob which found Trezeguet inside the area.

One of them has to go in my opinion.

"Who do you think should be offloaded? Please discuss"

Pair one of them up with the perfect partner and we'll have solved a major problem in the side.

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
IMO either emerson or viera will leave ( hence the arraival if C.zanitti). and i think they are holding each other back wich resulted in the long ball situation.

Blasi is not that bad and do good as a sub . he would be usefull in a proper rotation.

as for attacking the arrival of Marchionni as a winger will probably put mutu back in the CF position.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Cassano still struggling for Real

Antonio Cassano’s troubled stint at Real Madrid continues after he was given only five minutes to impress at the weekend.

The Italian starlet joined the Spanish giants in January with the intention of breaking into Marcello Lippi’s World Cup squad.

But Cassano has scored just twice since signing after rarely being thrown into the deep end by the capital outfit.

His frustration continued in the club’s latest game when Cassano was brought on in the 85th minute of the 1-1 away draw with Getafe.

Cassano, who left Roma in the New Year after the two parties failed to resolve a contract dispute, is now unlikely to make the Germany ’06 squad.

However, there are suggestions that Lippi may select him for his two-day training session at the start of May just to get an indication of his form.

Cassano’s lack of use at Real has also led to rumours that he could be sold back to a Serie A club in the summer, with Inter and Juventus keen.

channel4

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Ian said:
They are almost the same player. Zlatan has trouble scoring, but Cassano has trouble playing with a team. They've both got their issues, but Zlatan has more upside, IMO. Plus, Cassano belongs at Madrid, it's too perfect a fit to be busted up.

U are prefectly right.
We know the skills cassano have got. His bad performnces are because he had problems with roma, he didnt played, and he isnt gewtting enough time in Madrid.
Madrid is interested in Zlatan so why not change both of them?

Both are young, so we cant lose here in terms of age.

And well here in Juventus maybe someone can show him the spirit of this teamand make him great

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
--------------------------------BUFFON----------------------------------------------
---BALZARETI-----THURHAM---------CANAVARO------------ZAMBROTTA

---BECKHAM/GERRARD------VIEIRA-------------EMERSON---------MARCHIONI

TREZEGUTE-----------------ROONEY/DEL PIERO (THE KING)

LOVE YOU ALL JUVE-FANS!!! NO MATTER WHO THEY BRING JUVE IS JUVE!!!!

Jul 28, 2002
Englands loss???

You cannot in a million years say that cassano is superior to rooney.....the only thing cassano gets close to rooney is on the ugly stakes.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
cassano owns rooney.the only difference is that rooney is under the guidance of a coach who is brilliant at developing players while cassano is at the wrong club at the wrong time.rooney is all power.cassano has class.

Jul 28, 2002
Honestly mate, unbiasedly compare Rooney and cassano. Rooney isnt all power. His first touch is his main attribute, his power enforces his skills making him all the better player.

Id take a player who works hard, tackles, pace, long shooting, acute finishes, strength and above skill to match anyone.(well maybe not Ronnie)

Cassano may have the odd genius dribble here and there but thats it.

Rooney at any moment can take a game bye the scruff and control it, win it but most importantly save them.

Jul 28, 2002
Fair enough. Bur where does your hatred from rooney stem. Im not exactly a Manure fan, but still respect Rooney and his talent.

Just the same as totti.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
his attitude on the pitch pisses me off.u know,the whole "dont mess with me or ill fuck you" bit.i think he's a wannabe tough guy.plus the constant attention he gets from the english press gets on my nerves.ppl dubbed him as the next pele at euro 2004,and compared his performance at the euros to the ones pele had at the 1958 wc finals.

no offence,but the english do over-rate their players.rooney might be good,but saying that he's the next pele is going way overboard.

Jul 28, 2002
There is a massive difference between the english and the english press.

Certain red top papers are full of it, they are those who makes the ridiculous comparisons.

I personally get my news from the BBC. No such crap there. But then, around europe, the english chav scum is what we are percivied as, and rooney is unfotunately the talisman.

Considering we have been truely dicked by english teams over the last few years, we should really respect their talents and not underestimate their skills.

Yes the press over rate them. But we have to be carewfull not to underestimate them.

Still it wont help us win the world cup, we have no balance in midfield despite the quality.
Yes they are physical, but as are the argies. But the argies balance it out with skill. The english have the work rate and pace.

P.s Vieira last season had queitly disappeared into the shadows at arsenal.He wasnt that impressive. PLaying in Serie a has aided his declince due to the slower nature,blunting his game imho.

Jul 28, 2002
No he isnt, but he is the future.

Thats the problem, there is no real ballance. Joe Cole has been immense, but he isnt a left footer. He needs ashley cole to cover him.

Gerrard and Lampard have become neigh on identical style players. And beckham is cemented as he is rightly captain. no ballance.

Then there is the prodigal rooney who is a genius, but isnt exaclty a point man and his strike partner owen isnt either. Real, Juve , Chelsea, arsenal, Ac milan etc etc have all gone out of their way to sign a big man to start to allow for crossing opurtunities. England doesnt have that.

Crouch is merely a bluff. He is shite in the air.

Downing is the future, he is a classic left winger. Somone who would be greatly appreciated at juve.

chadi

THE NEXT JUVE PRESIDENT
Apr 19, 2006
i don't think we should sell zlatan now (maybe loan him) but we should give him another chance after all he's not nicknamed the sweedish with brazilian feet for nothin and if we sell him now,,, it wont be for more than 30 millions but last year real madrid offered 80 millions so i think we should wait a little on the other hand i think we shoud sell zalayeta and get souazo or vucinic and a trade of cassano for vieira has completly no sense and cassano will surely bring trouble why not get podolsky for example to speed up or lazy offence

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)