Cassano could edge out Miccoli for Euro 2004 squad (1 Viewer)

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
:( :( :(

Giovanni Trapattoni gives Antonio Cassano his second consecutive cap and admits he is ready to be part of the Euro 2004 squad.

“Cassano did enough in his debut to earn a test alongside Francesco Totti,” confirmed the Coach ahead of tonight’s friendly match with Romania.

The young Roma man scored Italy’s only goal in Wednesday’s 3-1 defeat to Poland and impressed on his debut.

“Of course I can call him up for the Championship squad. I watch Serie A and keep a close eye on the new talent – as proved by Cristiano Doni’s participation in the 2002 World Cup.”

The competition for players in forward positions is particularly tough this year and there are reports Cassano could edge of Juventus player Fabrizio Miccoli.

“The two players are on level terms,” noted Trapattoni, “but take on different roles and characteristics. Both are among the potential Euro 2004 participants.”

Cassano was frozen out of the Under-21 squad following a series of rows with Coach Claudio Gentile and retains a streak of youthful arrogance.

“Many people will be looking at my career now and suffering at the sight of me doing so well,” said the ex-Bari starlet.

“I am a lad who likes to have fun and joke around,” he insisted, “but I believe my best features are honesty and loyalty.”

“I grew up without a great deal to rely on, but that early struggle helped create character and was a blessing in disguise. My mother is the most important person to me and was able to raise me single-handed.”

Another important figure in his newly discovered maturity is Roma Coach Fabio Capello.

“He knows when to give me a cuddle and when I need to be taken down a peg or two,” concluded Cassano. “Thank the Lord and Capello I managed to get through those difficult years.”

What the hell ?! Miccoli deserves to be in the squad ! What has Cassano done that warrants him a place in the squad ? Nothing ! his goal agasint Poland was useless... Italy lost 3-1. ITs not like he changed the match or anything. He hasn't even played for the U-21s for quite some time.

Cassano is a trouble maker and we dont need a character like him to ruin the teams morale.

Trappatoni is frustrating. I have no confidence in him.

Firstly he should have given Tacchinardi a chance during these friendlies vs Poland and Romania.

I wish someone had sacked him months ago.

Buy on AliExpress.com

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
there not enough room for both of them as they are only fighting for a reserve spot... :undecide: .. they both have quality so snyone who will be pick will not lose their place easily...

well, lets just hope that it will take too long for Cassano to creat trouble again with trap ..;)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
yeah, let them too fight for one spot since we only need one of them since we have SuperDelvecchio and another brilliant player in Materazzi

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -CSD- ] ++
yeah, let them too fight for one spot since we only need one of them since we have SuperDelvecchio and another brilliant player in Materazzi
Hey, say what you will about Materazzi, but he is effective.

Aug 1, 2003
deej! :LOL: i agree with your points iceblu, this is sickening. im so frustrated tacc was not given a chance and PLEASE, i think miccoli was last season's revelation wherelse roma dropped to god-knows-where in serie a.

miccoli deserves his place. he's talented, and so is cassano, but his attitude is so much better wherelse cassano is such a big headed guy he might just blow up the whole azzurri squad.

materazzi's good but i hate his guts. he made too many dangerous fouls and i'm surprised he didn't get a single ban. :mad:

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
trap is an idiot...! :fero: that's italy never got any where under him...sack him already!

i wud love to see nesta-legro combination for once :D, rather than nesta-canna or nesta-materazzi....

OP
IceBlu

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #12
    yes. I'd go with Legrottaglie over Cannavaro too.

I don't understand why Trap is trying out so many useless Roma players.

and what is Panucci doing at LEFT BACK !! :eek::confused: (yes hes going to play at LB for some reason ! )

And Trap is going to play Zambrotta on the right in Midfield agasint Romania.

what an idiot.

I want Zoff back :(... but thats never going to happen. :down:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    i believe both are needed at the euro. cassano is back up for Totti while Miccoli is back up for Del Piero.

it only makes sense.

one thing we must remember is that Cassano gets a starting position at Roma which would please Traps more than Miccoli being on bench and in a rotating system.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    I agree with adrian that both should be picked....

However if i had to pick one or the other.... for me it would be cassano everytime

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I agree with you Shadowfax, altho I like Miccoli more because he's a Juve player, I have to admit Cassano a class better.

ebraheej

Jul 16, 2002
    actually I think trap will drop either pippo or Del piero.........
    the attack will be:
    vieri miccoli cassano (pippo)(DP)(Divaio)(delvechio).
    the ones in brackets are possibles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)