Cassano could edge out Miccoli for Euro 2004 squad (1 Viewer)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
dont you know?! coz he's such a damn prolific goalscorer! so versatile and great either in midfield or in attack. Either way, he's SUCH class.

ebraheej

Jul 16, 2002
Man...... I didnt say that i will pick miccoli and cassano over DP and Pippo its what i think trap will do.
He did it before on wc 2002 with doni instead of tachi.....
Trap is full of surprises you know......

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -CSD- ] ++
dont you know?! coz he's such a damn prolific goalscorer! so versatile and great either in midfield or in attack. Either way, he's SUCH class.
I hope you were being sarcastic :rolleyes:

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
I agree with IceBlu. Cassano has attitude problems. I just hope that Lippi can play Micoli more often. If he does i'm sure that Micoli can prove himself.

Eop05

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
deej! :LOL: i agree with your points iceblu, this is sickening. im so frustrated tacc was not given a chance and PLEASE, i think miccoli was last season's revelation wherelse roma dropped to god-knows-where in serie a.

miccoli deserves his place. he's talented, and so is cassano, but his attitude is so much better wherelse cassano is such a big headed guy he might just blow up the whole azzurri squad.

materazzi's good but i hate his guts. he made too many dangerous fouls and i'm surprised he didn't get a single ban. :mad:
Guys, I love Tacchinardi and all, but he DID get his chance in the one qualifier where he started, and he looked to be the weakest player on Italy. He just didn't gel right with the team and looked lost at times. On Juve he's brilliant, but with Italy he just didn't seem worthy of being there.

And about Cassano, I think he's got the worst attitude ever and can be the biggest jerk sometimes, but he's one hell of a player. I must admit, I'd take him over Miccoli on my team as well.

And say what you will about Totti. He's one of the best players in the world and has the ability to change a game more than any other italian player IMO.

But I do agree that Delvecchio has gotta go, and Panucci shouldn't be there either. Oddo is 10 times more worthy of RB than Panucci. Maybe he should be there, but on the bench.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Why is it surprising that Cassano is picked over Miccoli? Cassano has been a first team player for a year or more, while Miccoli is warming the bench.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
IMO Cassano is one, one and a half years better than Miccoli. What that means is that in a year or year and a half Miccoli will be as good as Cassano is now.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Why is it surprising that Cassano is picked over Miccoli? Cassano has been a first team player for a year or more, while Miccoli is warming the bench.

i wonder why no one pointed this out earlier. i dont like both of them. but cassano is playing while moccoli is not. therefore cassano should go to portugal. or maybe both of them.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I do hope you can see how difficult a manager's job is at international level as it seems we would not be satisfied until the whole of Juve's squad and those on loan elsewhere are picked then off cos we would complain

I would definitely pick Cassano over Miccolli for the simple fact that he can more than Miccolli substitute for both Dp and Totti

He is a regular with Roma and almost a mainstay whereas Miccolli is not that essential to Juventus right now

Again Miccolli has played more for Italy but he has not done that important factor which is to actually score a goal but Cassano has in fact done that

If Cassano can win a tournament for Italy then his alleged bad attitude should not be a factor in either including or excluding him just as its wrong to pick a player because he is nice and delightful

Jul 12, 2002
IMO, it would be foolish of Trap to take either of them. He simply doesn't have enough roster spots to waste so many on strikers, when he always plays with two and one is always Vieri. He should only take two more (DP and Inzaghi), that's all that is required.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
IMO, it would be foolish of Trap to take either of them. He simply doesn't have enough roster spots to waste so many on strikers, when he always plays with two and one is always Vieri. He should only take two more (DP and Inzaghi), that's all that is required.
i'd prefer him to pick del piero, di vaio and cassano.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
i'd prefer him to pick del piero, di vaio and cassano.
Well, you can't really exclude Vieri, that would just be silly, but I'd say that maybe Di Vaio could edge out Inzaghi for a place, but why do we need so many strikers in the squad?

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Well, you can't really exclude Vieri, that would just be silly, but I'd say that maybe Di Vaio could edge out Inzaghi for a place, but why do we need so many strikers in the squad?

vieri is already there. if he's not injured.
but i'd prefer di vaio over pippo. and cassano in case someone gets injured or banned

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I'd take Vieri, Cassano, Diva and Mico. Cassano and Mica could play other positions (behind the strikers, mico on the right wing) so I think they would be enough, but not too much. Alex is not neccessary

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
I'd take Vieri, Cassano, Diva and Mico. Cassano and Mica could play other positions (behind the strikers, mico on the right wing) so I think they would be enough, but not too much. Alex is not neccessary
so is halisamidzic

in juventus that is.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Good you edited it.

He is not neccessary, but IMO he'd be a big bonus for the team, while I cant say the same for Alex and the NT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)