Cassano could edge out Miccoli for Euro 2004 squad (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
I'd take Vieri, Cassano, Diva and Mico. Cassano and Mica could play other positions (behind the strikers, mico on the right wing) so I think they would be enough, but not too much. Alex is not neccessary
Sorry mate, but DP already has a bunch of international experience and he is better than Cassano. There is no way that Cassano edges out DP. IMO, the only automatic selections are Vieri and DP. Also I think that there is only need of one or two more strikers. Delvecchio or Corradi will also be selected as potential replacments for Vieri. I think that only one more striker should be picked and that has to be either Inzaghi or Di Vaio. Barring a huge loss of form from both Inzaghi and Di Vaio, I don;t think that either Cassano or Miccoli will go. There's simply no reason for it.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
Good you edited it.

He is not neccessary, but IMO he'd be a big bonus for the team, while I cant say the same for Alex and the NT.

miccoli isn't even a starter, why he should be picked up ahead of alex?

Aug 1, 2003
i think we should bring DP, DV, vieri, and inzaghi. i agree cassano is a class player although i hate to admit it, but really, his attitude is just plain disgusting.

i know he gets to play in the first team etc etc wherelse mic is just warming the bench but u can't deny miccoli's talent and the season he had with perugia.

:rolleyes: i think im biased. i'll post again when i get rest.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
Our forwards should simply be: Vieri, Inzaghi, Del Piero, Totti and Di Vaio. If we have extra-space after the rest of the team is selected then we can afford to bring either Cassano or Delvecchio. I hope Trap does this and organizes a solid Azzuri and starts practicing with them. In fact, i think for the friendlies from now on, he should play with a side similar to that of Euro2004, so that the team can bond and understand each others play, so we can ACTUALLY WIN THIS TIME!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
Sorry mate, but DP already has a bunch of international experience and he is better than Cassano. There is no way that Cassano edges out DP. IMO, the only automatic selections are Vieri and DP. Also I think that there is only need of one or two more strikers. Delvecchio or Corradi will also be selected as potential replacments for Vieri. I think that only one more striker should be picked and that has to be either Inzaghi or Di Vaio. Barring a huge loss of form from both Inzaghi and Di Vaio, I don;t think that either Cassano or Miccoli will go. There's simply no reason for it.
Good points, Ian. Another thing counting against Cassano is his age, coaches rarely risk young players in the big tournaments.

++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
Our forwards should simply be: Vieri, Inzaghi, Del Piero, Totti and Di Vaio. If we have extra-space after the rest of the team is selected then we can afford to bring either Cassano or Delvecchio. I hope Trap does this and organizes a solid Azzuri and starts practicing with them. In fact, i think for the friendlies from now on, he should play with a side similar to that of Euro2004, so that the team can bond and understand each others play, so we can ACTUALLY WIN THIS TIME!
Please refer to Totti as midfielder. Since he never plays up front, there's no point in picking him for the front line, Trap's 442 experiment with Totti and Vieri failed miserably at the World Cup.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

exactly i think we should take DP,Vieri,Pippo and DV.

P.S nice new avatar Ian.Can anyone tell me how to resize this avatar?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I dont see why any of the two are required at Euro 2004. Agreed they are full of zeal and enthusiasm. But really nothing can beat out a combination of experience and skill in a major tournament.

Dp
Vieri
DiVaio
Inzaghi
DelVecchio

These is currently the list of forwards who seem to have the best shot at making it right now. Although DelVecchio's place is debatable, id rather he go to Portugal ahead of Corradi only because he is a more complete player in terms of experience, skill on the ground as well as in the air (and most of all, a very similar player to Vieri). At the same time, the order of their listing is how id like them to be used as well. That means DV shud start ahead of Pippo. He is undoubtedly more creative and brings greater adaptibility to the game. The Euro winning squad is going to be the one that is most flexible. Its quite an aged line up but these guys should get the job done.

azizhen

Aug 18, 2003
I need something cleared up guys> I think it was last week in the Roma game where Cassano came on as sub for Montella who was pissed off about being subbed. Then like 15 minutes later way before the end of the game, Cassano gets subbed and Carew comes on. Carew scored eventually.

The thing that i want to know is if Cassano got injured or did Capello just sub him for tactical reasons or just to discipline him or something. Cos Cassano looked pissed when he got subbed.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
the days of del vecchio being vieri's replacement are gone. id rather Corradi or just use Di Vaio instead.

del piero
vieri
cassano
miccoli
di vaio
inzaghi

considering that traps like the formation with players behind the lone striker, it gives plenty of space for cassano and miccoli to play.

if miccoli played started for juve each week, he'll be just as good as cassano, if not better. we saw what he did last season at perugia.

Cassano is fortunate that Capello doesnt have too many forwards to rotate.

ebraheej

Jul 16, 2002
I think that cassano should have been an automatic choice provided he play's more frequently with Italy......

He has more potential than any rising star in italy so why not give him a chance.

Remember Fiore only had 3-4 caps before joining italy in their euro 200 campgain and look who well he preformed.
So I guess Cassano might preform well if he was called up.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
1. Choose a different player as your avatar :p
2. Post in the 'avatars center' thread

;)
thnx gray whats the matter you know i like Henry who do you want me to put *thinking of Nedved*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)