Carlos Tevez (162 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Slightly? :lol2:

So you think if we paid 15m for him he would be coming for 3m wages?

I didn't say it's a bad thing.

Zuniga is just another brainless player like Armero, PASS.
Yes he would.We had an agreement with him for an annual salary of 3.5m before he was a bosman but as we saw Bilbao dint let him go last year.

Also if we're to choose between Zuniga and Kolarov ,it should be Zuniga definitely.
1.For his versatility.He can serve as backup for both flanks and maybe start at LWB too.
2.His wages

Although we should sign him only for the right price.

Asamoah over all though.I'm content with Asamoah being our starting LWB next season. :tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
You watch many city matches? :confused:

But that's not true, I've seen him play plenty of times, he's not that bad. He's no Asamoah but he isn't PDC either. If Asamoah is 10 and PDC is 0 I'd say Kolarov is 5.
And yet you'd make him the 2nd highest earner on the squad.

So when is he signing with Milan...or renewing with City?

Any minute now...
:D

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
You watch many city matches? :confused:

But that's not true, I've seen him play plenty of times, he's not that bad. He's no Asamoah but he isn't PDC either. If Asamoah is 10 and PDC is 0 I'd say Kolarov is 5.
Then why the fuck would we buy him if he's only half as good as Asamoah and we still have Peluso...

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
While in Serie A Kolarov was one of the best players. He was far from being poor defensively.

Almost every club wanted him back then, rightfully so. But competing with City was not possible.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
While in Serie A Kolarov was one of the best players. He was far from being poor defensively.

Almost every club wanted him back then, rightfully so. But competing with City was not possible.
Absolutely agree. Fans tend to have a short memory with regard to this. But then we are dealing with people who think Tevez would not be a wise signing or is not a steal at those numbers.

Between Kolarov and Zuniga, I prefer Kolarov too, but Zuniga is the more versatile and Conte prefers players like that. Unfortunately though, AdL won't let Zuniga off easy and City may since Kolarov's not in their plans. The player himself maybe willing to take a pay cut to be part of a strong project and stay relevant in Europe, especially in a league he has been in in the past. I for one wouldn't judge him for his City form because that club doesn't offer players enough continuity with the amount they buy. What's interesting though, is where this leaves Asamoah, as I'm guessing the naturally fit LwBs may have a starting shot over him.

May 22, 2007
I got the impression that it was a Kjær-situation, where everyone was too interested in hyping up a promising defender that they ignored the flaws he made.

He's obviously not a complete flop like the Danish defender, but I don't think he's good defensively. I didn't think much of him offensively a season or two ago either, but he at least seems to have gained some stability and more ideas there.

His salary doesn't make him an attractive player though, Juve should be very cautious.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I got the impression that it was a Kjær-situation, where everyone was too interested in hyping up a promising defender that they ignored the flaws he made.

He's obviously not a complete flop like the Danish defender, but I don't think he's good defensively. I didn't think much of him offensively a season or two ago either, but he at least seems to have gained some stability and more ideas there.

His salary doesn't make him an attractive player though, Juve should be very cautious.
That does seem to be the case. It also helps that he's not Italian.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Absolutely agree. Fans tend to have a short memory with regard to this. But then we are dealing with people who think Tevez would not be a wise signing or is not a steal at those numbers.

Between Kolarov and Zuniga, I prefer Kolarov too, but Zuniga is the more versatile and Conte prefers players like that. Unfortunately though, AdL won't let Zuniga off easy and City may since Kolarov's not in their plans. The player himself maybe willing to take a pay cut to be part of a strong project and stay relevant in Europe, especially in a league he has been in in the past. I for one wouldn't judge him for his City form because that club doesn't offer players enough continuity with the amount they buy. What's interesting though, is where this leaves Asamoah, as I'm guessing the naturally fit LwBs may have a starting shot over him.
They have Armero now, I wouldn't be surprised if Zuniga is on their transfer list.

Kjaer was error prone even at Palermo, despite of his talent and good technique. I don't think Kolarov made so many mistakes, far from it. I actually remember him being mentioned in best squad of that season as he was literally a beast and quite stable. His wages are huge, he's not worth it. I think he's gonna accept a paycut, but even if that happens he'll probably ask for 2.5-3mln/season.

May 22, 2007
They have Armero now, I wouldn't be surprised if Zuniga is on their transfer list.

Kjaer was error prone even at Palermo, despite of his talent and good technique. I don't think Kolarov made so many mistakes, far from it. I actually remember him being mentioned in best squad of that season as he was literally a beast and quite stable. His wages are huge, he's not worth it. I think he's gonna accept a paycut, but even if that happens he'll probably ask for 2.5-3mln/season.
Would you drop Asamoah and look for a new player for that role this summer?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Would you drop Asamoah and look for a new player for that role this summer?
Depends who's available.

I think people are quite underestimating Asamoah's performances. He has been quite stable, especially in defense. Seeing him do great at offensive roles in the first couple of months makes me think they asked him to play defensively so Marchisio/Vidal would roam more. Overall I like him even as a LWB, eventhough it's a pitty we're not using him in the middle. Only if some players available (like Coentrao) I'd be willing to drop Asa. It's also a poor investment if we put him on the bench, because with Marchisio, Vidal, Pirlo and Pogba that's playing better and better I don't think he'd get many chances so he'd possible be a rotation with the new LWB. What I would be willing to do (duh) is sell Marchisio to fund a great lwb and put Asamoah in the middle. That's how everything would work easier IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 160)