Carlos Tevez (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Meh. Asamoah did very well this season.

Tevez would fit Llorente much better than Higuain, so I don't think we'd need a better penetration on the left side.

However I wouldn't mind getting a good LWB, somebody like Coentrao would be brilliant.
very well? he was de ceglie minus the blunders in the last 6 months

Prerequisite to that is a capable director.
indeed

- - - Updated - - -

There is a reason Tevez is avaible for less then we payd matri
marotta is not a good director?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Prerequisite to that is a capable director.
You're being way too harsh on him.

We won Serie A twice and reached 1/4 of the CL.

It's not like we failed to achieve anything. This summer is important for him to show if he's capable of getting higher quality, so we should wait till September. Most of the news is just media BS.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
You're being way too harsh on him.

We won Serie A twice and reached 1/4 of the CL.

It's not like we failed to achieve anything. This summer is important for him to show if he's capable of getting higher quality, so we should wait till September. Most of the news is just media BS.
Maybe I am being harsh but to move the team forward we have to sign good forwards and let's be honest, there are no signs to why that would change.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Maybe I am being harsh but to move the team forward we have to sign good forwards and let's be honest, there are no signs to why that would change.
But you don't know that.

Links for Higuain, Jovetic and Tevez were/are there. If we don't get to sign them most likely the reason would be lack of funds, and I highly doubt it's 1-2mln difference. If Real is really asking 30+ for Higuain I think it's pretty obvious we're not gonna sign him. We have a chance for Tevez because he's cheap, but only if we beat Milan's offer for wages, which might be skyhigh and something we can't offer at this point.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
But you don't know that.

Links for Higuain, Jovetic and Tevez were/are there. If we don't get to sign them most likely the reason would be lack of funds, and I highly doubt it's 1-2mln difference. If Real is really asking 30+ for Higuain I think it's pretty obvious we're not gonna sign him. We have a chance for Tevez because he's cheap, but only if we beat Milan's offer for wages, which might be skyhigh and something we can't offer at this point.
Each summer we have been linked with several good players and still failed to get them. Lack of funds is just an excuse to cover up for failure. We have been spending quite a lot.

I don't know but that's how things look like.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Each summer we have been linked with several good players and still failed to get them. Lack of funds is just an excuse to cover up for failure. We have been spending quite a lot.

I don't know but that's how things look like.
IIRC last summer we always said how we simply can't sign top players, but this summer we're at least getting official words about bidding and asking for some.

But don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna be surprised if Milan signs Tevez, Higuain goes somewhere, we refuse to buy Jovetic for 25mln+ and actually stick with Mirko - Llorente next season.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
IIRC last summer we always said how we simply can't sign top players, but this summer we're at least getting official words about bidding and asking for some.

But don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna be surprised if Milan signs Tevez, Higuain goes somewhere, we refuse to buy Jovetic for 25mln+ and actually stick with Mirko - Llorente next season.
We have been saying the same thing every summer.

I won't be surprised for that scenario either and thus my initial comment on the capability of Marotta.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
We have been saying the same thing every summer.

I won't be surprised for that scenario either and thus my initial comment on the capability of Marotta.
I know what you mean. But unlike with Secco before when we couldn't sign anyone (plus sign shit players and pay huge wages for them) at least now we're winning things and making progress.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I know what you mean. But unlike with Secco before when we couldn't sign anyone (plus sign shit players and pay huge wages for them) at least now we're winning things and making progress.
We made the progress that we can with the players he got. We are now at a stage that the only progress you can make is by buying someone who can make a difference.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Meh. Asamoah did very well this season.
As a defensive winger, yes... But not as an offensive one.

We need wingers like Navas, who can own their line , cut in, assist, cross, dribble.... A Winger who mean terror for enemy lines and force defenses to cover or double up that side of the field because he is just too much of an issue.

THAT is the kind of winger we need.

City did a marvelous signing in him.... they will own that side of the field.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

That's not true Dooz. We had 30m for Jojo last summer. It's just that we spent the entire summer chasing RvP's personal terms and then refusing to scoff up what Arsenal wanted for him. It still amazes me that we didn't have 30m for RvP but we did for JoJo.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
We made the progress that we can with the players he got. We are now at a stage that the only progress you can make is by buying someone who can make a difference.
Which should not be underestimated. Serie A won and 1/4 of CL is a huge achievement for our squad IMO. Not to mention we weren't lucky with draw and how we got Bayern.

I agree we need a top striker in order to continue with the progress, especially considering how we always have plenty of matches where we can't put the ball in the net.

Despite of me rating Llorente pretty high I'm scared we're gonna say Llorente is the top player everyone wanted. We obviously need another forward, badly. I'm gonna be pleased with any of those that we're linked with.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
if we end up getting tevez, i really want us to push for a capable LWB
- Sell Marchisio to Monaco for 35m
- Let Pogba develop into one of the best in the world in Marchisio's place and move Asamoah back to the middle for width.
- Sign a quality wingback like Coentrao for half of the Monaco money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)