Carlos Tevez (144 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Has the mercato even started yet? I knew that that I should have installed cable tv in the rock that I've been living under. Damn.
It was a joke yer golden oldie. :D

- - - Updated - - -

:disagree:

That's not the sort of sentiment that should be seen before the last week of August.
Or rather WILL be seen around here, from a bunch of peeps including yours truly. :D

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 22, 2007
Too far?

Let me explain this a little better. Tevez has stupidly insane wages, but you have Marrotta claiming we could reach an agreement with the player. I don't think that agreement would come anywhere close if he wanted to remain on those wages. His transfer fee will be between 15-17m about 6-10m less than what we will perhaps pay for Higuain - closer to an amount that we signed Vucinic for.

Jovetic costs 30m, or so Fiorentina say. But do you reply think they can afford to hold out for that price when the player himself has a keen preference to play for the club? Look at Prade and AdV 's statements off late. It's so different from last year with regard to Juve. Obviously, they are aware of the option. Given that Jojo's wages won't be a problem and fall within our parameters, are you saying we cannot get the player by trading in one of our own forwards and 15m?

Tevez and Jojo can be bought for 30m in transfer fees. I stand by that. You are free to disagree, and since as fans we will never ever have official documentation from the club, we can only work with the information we have from direct quotes, reliable journalists and pieces of info that give us an idea of the possibilities. The mercato is long and we may still only end up with Higuain, but I do consider the possibilities this time around are immense if we play things right.
Do I think Juve can sign a player for €20-25m on ~€4m a year? Yes.

Do I think Juve can then add a player like Tévez for an extra transfer fee (say €17-20m), on something close to his salary? No.

I don't agree with your transfer valuations, and I think it'll take some very good sales to make the above becoming even close to a reality. Juve also have to think about purchasing Peluso and the other 50% of Asamoah.

You can call me out if Tévez reduces his salary demands to ~€6m a year, which isn't entirely out of this world for Juve. And you can also call me out if Tévez actually accepts Juventus, instead of planning to leave Europe in the summer of 2014. I believe Marotta's optimism for a deal stems from the fact that his contract is expiring, rather than actually starting negotiations with the player and his agents.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

Do I think Juve can then add a player like Tévez for an extra transfer fee (say €17-20m), on something close to his salary? No.

I don't agree with your transfer valuations, and I think it'll take some very good sales to make the above becoming even close to a reality. Juve also have to think about purchasing Peluso and the other 50% of Asamoah.

You can call me out if Tévez reduces his salary demands to ~€6m a year, which isn't entirely out of this world for Juve. And you can also call me out if Tévez actually accepts Juventus, instead of planning to leave Europe in the summer of 2014. I believe Marotta's optimism for a deal stems from the fact that his contract is expiring, rather than actually starting negotiations with the player and his agents.
I dont think Marotta is particulary optimistic. He is just checking all the possible assets out. Then take a good sauna. Then pounce.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

I'm not even talking about Tevez on the salary he's currently earning. If he joins Juve it's going to be closer to the 6/7m plus bonuses we would otherwise offer Higuain and the like. Jojo may be valued at 25m, but better sense would prevail and ensure we add makeweights that Montella approves of. Juve is not going to spend 25m cash on Jojo this season, given the options on the mercato and the fact that we have 3 months to let negotiations play out.

Tevez, Jojo, Diamanti, Zuniga, Bonera. May not happen but certainly not impossible as far as I'm concerned.

I dont think Marotta is particulary optimistic. He is just checking all the possible assets out. Then take a good sauna. Then pounce.
I can actually picture that as his routine. :lol:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
France or Italy if he's staying in Europe. Monaco not in the CL, with not much else besides him and Falcao. PsG if they retain Ibra and if we Mancini ends up there, you can never say. Juve would probably be his preferred team in Italy. Let's see how the mercato plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 141)