Carlos Tevez (151 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Add Mexes, Taiwo and Emanuelson :mad:
taiwo it isn't a very good player in fact he hasn't convinced and there are talks about him leaving milan
same for emanuelson althrough there are no transfer talks about him

And tevez is not what juve needs right now he has been out of training from some months and he doesn't have a juve character

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
you are the same guy that complained when we got Barzagli, Pepe, Matri, and Quag.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
this counts for 80% of all people verbally assualting the borriello deal
or 95% of the people verbally assaulting marotta

keep trolling the doubters marotta, i believe in the scudetto you created this team for :tup:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
you are the same guy that complained when we got Barzagli, Pepe, Matri, and Quag.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
They were all gambles, and somehow they paid off. None of them stands out as being great or exceptional, with the exception of Barzagli for now, and Quag during that initial 6 month period after we procured him. They are all, to a certain extent and varying degrees, quantity, not quality players.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
They were all gambles, and somehow they paid off. None of them stands out as being great or exceptional, with the exception of Barzagli for now, and Quag during that initial 6 month period after we procured him. They are all, to a certain extent and varying degrees, quantity, not quality players.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.
each of them played better then what we payd for.

are you going to call every not "wc" transfer of marotta a quantity purchase to justify your bashing of the player ?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
All what Marotta did, was placing a handicap to Conte's chances.
History has already proved it, its just that some ppl are too stupid to comprehend it.

Hint, look at our sales since Marotta came and honestly tell us that he is a good transfer manager.
Remember our primary targets and what we ended up buying?

The players we bought were mediocre and overpriced by all international and objectives standards.
For the money we have spent and the club we arem we ought to have done better.

If the mediocre players overperform, or WC class players underperform, its not on the transfer directors shoulders, as he doesnt train or use them, he just buy them.

So, the more incompetent Marotta is, the more extra credit we ought to give to Conte for achieving great things with inferior material.
Imagine what he would have done with a competent manager by his side...

PS: One of the main reasons, i believe, that we are unable to buy a player like Dzeko, Rossi, Cassano, Tevez etc
is Marotta, they are just way beyond his league...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I don't know about the rest but Cassano was up for grabs really and dirt cheap too - seems Juve didn't try for him due to character issues
he was by far the easiest indeed, but we lost him for the same reasons we also lost the rest.
And Marotta's role/responsibility in that, was undeniable.

aaAnd it doesnt really matter, if he woule perform or not, stay injury free or not, all what it matters is that Marotta cant sign such players...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I don't know about the rest but Cassano was up for grabs really and dirt cheap too - seems Juve didn't try for him due to character issues
he was by far the easiest indeed, but we lost him for the same reasons we also lost the rest.

aaAnd it doesnt really matter, if he woule perform or not, stay injury free or not, all what it matters is that Marotta cant sign such players...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
PS: One of the main reasons, i believe, that we are unable to buy a player like Dzeko, Rossi, Cassano, Tevez etc
is Marotta, they are just way beyond his league...
I partly agree with this. Imo the main reason is the group that led Juventus before Marotta.
Calciopoli crippled us and it was hard to buy top quality back in 2007 and 2008. But we did win 3rd and 2nd place in serie A, we did make it to CL for two years in a row and the summer 2009 was our chance to finally make that step forward. We failed. We made Diego and Melo our 25m eur players and we brought Ciro to coach that team.
After winning 7th place in that season, Marotta was faced with a close to impossible task to buy top quality so he failed. I think the blame lies primary in Secco and co, as well as Calciopoli, and only then in Marotta, who, certainly, has his own sins and played a role in not making this team better than it is.

P.S: To be fair with Marotta, we'll need to wait a bit and see how will he do when Juve will have CL and attract players with it.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I shudder at the thought Alen.

@ Zac: They are quantity purchases. What world class players have we acquired? Vucinic is not world class, neither is Vidal, even though both are very good and are in the quality rather than quantity department. As for Pirlo, he used to be formidable and world class; he has indeed come good for us, but he isn't the Pirlo of the past. I'd be happy if we bought 1 or 2 WC players and complemented them with hard workers. The fact of the matter is we have no game changers or players capable of taking this team to the next level.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'm not disputing that, but he's not the same as he was back in the day. He's still top class. However, Zac is making it sound as if all those purchases are world beaters & we are lucky to have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 148)