Carlos Tevez (4 Viewers)

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Tevez on speeding offence

Carlos Tevez joked about having his driving licence suspended for speeding. “I was still thinking about the game.”

The Juventus striker was stopped by police after the Champions League semi-final victory over Real Madrid.

He was going at 120km/h through the Mont Blanc tunnel that separates Italy from France – where the speed limit is 70km/h.

“It was 3am, I was on the motorway and suddenly the limit was reduced to 70km/h,” Tevez told comedy show Striscia La Notizia.

“I was still thinking about the game with Real Madrid and didn’t see the signs. I wasn’t going that fast, about 120km/h.”

He was presented with the traditional Tapiro d’Oro, a small golden tapir statue given to people in the news for embarrassing situations that week.

Tevez was asked about rumours he will quit Juventus for Boca Juniors this summer.

“No, I am staying – so I can win another Tapiro d’Oro!”

Famously the Argentine had his licence revoked while at Manchester City in 2013 and then received 120 hours of community service when it was discovered he was still driving without a licence or insurance.

“In England I kept driving anyway, but here I’ll get a friend to drive me.”

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)