Carlos Tevez (12 Viewers)

Mar 30, 2006
Really it's difficult.
Tevez is somethin' like god for Boca. Everyone there, waiting for his comeback.
I think its possible. He is playing amazing and winning at the highest level. I dont think players want to walk away on trophies because in the end thats what they are remembered for.

Also I know he loves Boca but I dont understand the Boca legend thing. He played about 100 games for Boca .. he has almost reached the same number of appearances in his time at Juve! If he played another season with us he would be more a Juve boy.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I think its possible. He is playing amazing and winning at the highest level. I dont think players want to walk away on trophies because in the end thats what they are remembered for.

Also I know he loves Boca but I dont understand the Boca legend thing. He played about 100 games for Boca .. he has almost reached the same number of appearances in his time at Juve! If he played another season with us he would be more a Juve boy.
Its because the time he was there...he was a great player and the player of people. He also reminded in some way to maradona.. not because of his skill but because of that legend about the guy coming from poverty to represent his team and unleash his fury upon river playte.

And also he is charismatic

GrecoJuve

May 19, 2014

You can't understand it, man, really.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
This weird notion that players suddenly can't play anymore once they turn 31 or 32. We signed Pirlo at 32, ffs.

It used to be true back in the day when you had players who smoked cigarettes and drank heavily, but with today's fitness levels they can play on until they're 37-38, if they really want to.

I also chuckle when I see people who're prophesizing that CR7's and Messi's performances will start to decline within the coming 5-year period. They won't. They will be absolutely killing it for at least 10 more years, both of them.

- - - Updated - - -

It's also dependant on what role the player has on the field, though, I'll admit that. But even then, if a player stays fit and really wants to keep going - with today's knowledge and training methods - he can.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
This weird notion that players suddenly can't play anymore once they turn 31 or 32. We signed Pirlo at 32, ffs.

It used to be true back in the day when you had players who smoked cigarettes and drank heavily, but with today's fitness levels they can play on until they're 37-38, if they really want to.

I also chuckle when I see people who're prophesizing that CR7's and Messi's performances will start to decline within the coming 5-year period. They won't. They will be absolutely killing it for at least 10 more years, both of them.

- - - Updated - - -

It's also dependant on what role the player has on the field, though, I'll admit that. But even then, if a player stays fit and really wants to keep going - with today's knowledge and training methods - he can.
:agree:

Tevez physical condition is way better than what it was at City/United. He looks lighter, faster and fitter. And he seems to be scoring more as well! He easily has another 3-4 years at the top level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)