Carlos Tevez (10 Viewers)

Dec 31, 2008
“There comes a moment where you get tired, you get tired of football,” the forward told ESPN in South America.
“I wanted to leave football but then Juventus, one of the biggest teams in Europe, arrived.
“I had always said that I would retire at the age of 28 and I was close to retiring after the row with Roberto Mancini,” he stated, referring to his September 2011 clash with the then City boss.
“I spent six years in England and nobody would have given a cent for me to stay six years there…
“I won the Champions League with United, the Premier League with United, the FA Cup with City – who hadn't won anything for a long time. I won everything.”

“It’s over,” added the man who hasn’t been selected by Alejandro Sabellosince the latter was given the job in the summer of 2011.
“I have nothing more to add. I have said what I feel and that’s the end of the matter. If I say anything else then it would seem as if I’m asking for a recall.
“The national side is in the past.”

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Having just watched the Inter friendly, I'm excited. Saw wee glimpses of things I like very much in this guy. Every time he saw the ball he was like a shark who smelled blood. Simply out-muscled a few players who are a lot bigger than him. Can't wait to see him in a competitive game

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
“There comes a moment where you get tired, you get tired of football,” the forward told ESPN in South America.
“I wanted to leave football but then Juventus, one of the biggest teams in Europe, arrived.
“I had always said that I would retire at the age of 28 and I was close to retiring after the row with Roberto Mancini,” he stated, referring to his September 2011 clash with the then City boss.
“I spent six years in England and nobody would have given a cent for me to stay six years there…
“I won the Champions League with United, the Premier League with United, the FA Cup with City – who hadn't won anything for a long time. I won everything.”

“It’s over,” added the man who hasn’t been selected by Alejandro Sabellosince the latter was given the job in the summer of 2011.
“I have nothing more to add. I have said what I feel and that’s the end of the matter. If I say anything else then it would seem as if I’m asking for a recall.
“The national side is in the past.”
:sergio:

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I don't wanna sound too optimistic... However, the fact that he was strongly considering retirement but accepted a wage cut to join Juve and play on speaks of great motivation.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Lets hope so.

He doesn seem to be the kind of guy who would do nonsense like that. If he came here, it should have been for business... not to pretend to play football.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Yea do sho. He's definitely got his head around this. I think he also basks in the responsibility that we've given him with the number 10. It motivates him further.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)