Carlos Tevez (69 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
He has achieved everything as a player and already went to Argentina to retire. Why not make a few bucks while you still can?

What I don't understand is players who have yet to accomplish anything move there. That just shows a lack of ambition.
I think the vast majority of humans would choose a less challenging job that pays a lot more than the other way around. It's because we're fans we expect football players to have the same passion for the game as us.

Jun 6, 2015
I think the vast majority of humans would choose a less challenging job that pays a lot more than the other way around. It's because we're fans we expect football players to have the same passion for the game as us.
It still shows a lack of ambition and passion which the top players certainly do have arguably even more than us the fans. Also very few have a job were you get acknowledged when you do great in a difficult environment. Most would pick being remembered for doing something great while still making lots of money over making even more money and being completely forgotten.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
They're offering him 40 mill a year? Wtfff :shocked:
They made Lavezzi words best paid player, what do you think they will give a champion like Tevez lol.

Imagine the day they sign a true on the rise super star, the moolah will be off the chain. I'm not suprised if it wasnt made up they offered Ibra like 60m a year lol.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
It still shows a lack of ambition and passion which the top players certainly do have arguably even more than us the fans. Also very few have a job were you get acknowledged when you do great in a difficult environment. Most would pick being remembered for doing something great while still making lots of money over making even more money and being completely forgotten.
Easy to say when you don't have to make the choice :p

- - - Updated - - -

They made Lavezzi words best paid player, what do you think they will give a champion like Tevez lol.

Imagine the day they sign a true on the rise super star, the moolah will be off the chain. I'm not suprised if it wasnt made up they offered Ibra like 60m a year lol.
How is that even worth it for them? This Chinese football thing doesn't look sustainable.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I dont think they care about that, they are litterally funded by the Chinese govt, and have the worlds biggiest domestic market by huge margin, so they basically shit out money just for PR. Growth is very very slow so they want to buy their way to excellence as quick as possible.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I dont think they care about that, they are litterally funded by the Chinese govt, and have the worlds biggiest domestic market by huge margin, so they basically shit out money just for PR. Growth is very very slow so they want to buy their way to excellence as quick as possible.
I see. But can it work in the long run? Do they have plans to make the league competitive with other top leagues?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Thats a very good question, no idea what their plans are, but they probably just think its worth it if they see it as a way to boost their glorious image internationally, grow some momentum in their own markets (kick start a major interest into the sport in a nation thats not too passionate about it), and a WC hosting gig in upcoming bids.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Thats a very good question, no idea what their plans are, but they probably just think its worth it if they see it as a way to boost their glorious image internationally, grow some momentum in their own markets (kick start a major interest into the sport in a nation thats not too passionate about it), and a WC hosting gif in upcoming bids.
:tup:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Why not ? A country of 1.3b people watching their product alone would be sustainable enough for them.
Is it a popular sport in China?

A chinese friend of mine told me that the clubs owners are doing it for political favors but I dont know how that works

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 67)