Carlos Tevez (37 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
What have boca done for us to warrant getting him for free or a 90% discount.

fuck them. Pay as much as u can or wait a year
I don't quite agree with this sentiment at large. Ironically, Boca getting him for free is less about his situation with them, and more about his situation with us. Think about it, we are talking about a player who came here on a three year contract, and took a huge pay cut, without the promise of anything close to CL glory, although we could argue it was a solid project. I think Juve, and Beppe, the man who signed him, would realise and understand and perhaps even be indebted to the fact, that the player acted in line with the club's regime, played out of his skin and took the club far, at times singlehandedly, despite a reputation that was not the most stable for the time that he has been at the club.

It is these factors along with the common knowledge that we made it as far as we did in the CL, which almost certainly wouldn't have happened two years in a row - in his last year with us. It was his ceiling and maybe the club respect the fact that he was honest enough with them, which indicates why we didn't wait around for a bidding war for Dybala. Truly, a unique situation in these commercial times, and definitely one that requires more empathy than understanding than monetary gain and shrewd market one upmanship.

Good to see the club show some soul. Let's applaud the approach instead of faulting it.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I imagine that him going back to Boca after two years already was most probably already discussed when he first came here, with Beppe already promising him not to stand in his way should that be his desire.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
To get Tevez at the figures that we did, I think Beppe would have been flexible to a great number of scenarios. Especially given the bank he was getting for the Matri sale, whole thing must have felt like he was playing with house money. And then Matri comes back on loan for the Coppa winner... just such a sweet operation, smooth operator. :lol:

Carlitos is a gem, and it ain't hard to tell. Glad he was one of ours, even if it was only for a little while.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I imagine that him going back to Boca after two years already was most probably already discussed when he first came here, with Beppe already promising him not to stand in his way should that be his desire.
I think so too. Now if they don't pay let's get Calleri and Vadala. :D

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
Watch him end up without a salary for 5 months and we loan him back or get him as free agent in January

(a man can dream right?)

He probably won't get paid. That's not out of the relm of possibility. He will probably go crazy and end up in Europe again next year at atletico Madrid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)