Carlos Tevez (85 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yeah. I miss him at Benfica.
you follow Benfica?

- - - Updated - - -

Lol I actually think it's the other way around :D What with all those Northern Padania enthusiasts and all...

Only Southern city that has blatantly anti-Italian sentiments in football is the s$#@! hole known as Napoli.
this is the 1st time i see you not wearing the Storari avatar. why did you change it?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Well, Sporting CP... but I respected Garay's play in the SuperLiga, so it's mixed feelings when he left for Zenit.
did they get a good enough replacement atleast? and btw. is Sporting closing the gap to Porto and Benfica (since they both lost their best defenders) or was last season an exception. and how is nani doing? :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
did they get a good enough replacement atleast? and btw. is Sporting closing the gap to Porto and Benfica (since they both lost their best defenders) or was last season an exception. and how is nani doing? :D
Lisandro Lopez (an Argie) or Jardel (Brazil) have been his primary replacements. Meh.

As far as Sporting goes, they started the season a bit rockier but are settling in. They need to tighten their defense more. And their CL campaign is done, especially since they got robbed by the ref against Schalke. That should give them more domestic focus.

My suspicion is they won't do as well this year... balancing the books on their tight budget plus they're trying to fund a replacement stadium. So Wilson Eduardo, Piris, and Marcos Rojo (not that great, IMO -- I like Cedric better) are all out. But they held on to William Carvalho. The Scots are probably jazzed that they signed Ryan Gauld: the 18-year-old "Scottish Messi" :seven:

Nani is a decent addition.

If they can get their defense in order, they could challenge. But a lot of draws already, and they're spilling goals where they used to be much tighter at the back.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Lisandro Lopez (an Argie) or Jardel (Brazil) have been his primary replacements. Meh.

As far as Sporting goes, they started the season a bit rockier but are settling in. They need to tighten their defense more. And their CL campaign is done, especially since they got robbed by the ref against Schalke. That should give them more domestic focus.

My suspicion is they won't do as well this year... balancing the books on their tight budget plus they're trying to fund a replacement stadium. So Wilson Eduardo, Piris, and Marcos Rojo (not that great, IMO -- I like Cedric better) are all out. But they held on to William Carvalho. The Scots are probably jazzed that they signed Ryan Gauld: the 18-year-old "Scottish Messi" :seven:

Nani is a decent addition.

If they can get their defense in order, they could challenge. But a lot of draws already, and they're spilling goals where they used to be much tighter at the back.
:tup: thanks for the input. would like to see them get a title in the near future. got fed up with Benfica and Porto winning every year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 83)